Tips on baby to feed more in the day...

babyface15

Reaction score
My baby is 9 months old. She's so busy in the day that she never wants to feed! I can usually get her to feed before a nap, but that will only be 2 small feeds all day. She wakes soo frequently at night still :)coffee:). I never considered this as being a major contributer to her night waking until now. I'd say she is getting 75% or more of her daily milk quota at night.

Does anyone have any tips on how to get her to feed more in the day? I need to tip that balance back to more feedings in the daytime rather than at night somehow.

This has been slowly developing over several months.

Thanks so much :thumbup:

you just need to offer instead of waiting for her to ask. Always offer milk before solids so she doesnt fill up on these. My lo was a boob monster and never refused a feed!

Ah, I offer all the time, she just won't take it! Only when she's laying down for a nap or at nighttime. She is just too interested in everything else! :wacko:

I would take her upstairs then and feed her ina room with no distractions. Some babies are just like this and need a quiet room to feed. Worth a go if your worried about her intake.Alternativley if her solid intake is good and she takes water from a sippy cup you could just make sure she gets her calcium from dairy products like cheese and yogurt but if she is feeding alot at night i would try feeding in a drak quiet room first and see if it helps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->