TMI but bleeding from back end

smilingatyou

Reaction score
I've had blood on the tissue after passing a stool a handful of times in the past but since I've been pregnant its been much worse and has happened pretty much every time I go for a number 2. It's feels like passing glass and I have a general achey pain from my back end for most of the day after going. I've always been quite a sufferer of constipation in the past few years but I've actually been going more regularly since being pregnant. Although I can't say I go 'easily', they are still pretty hard. I'm just a bit worried as before it's only happened for a couple of days and then stopped, but this has been happening pretty much everytime in the last few weeks. I'm 9 weeks pregnant now. Anyone any advice on this please? :thumbup:

Is it piles? Have you suffered with them in the past? If not, the blood may be because you are constipated and pregnancy can cause your stools to harden. This happened to me in the first few weeks, I suffered terribly. I changed my diet and allsorts but nothing worked, so I stopped taking the Prenatel vits, just Folic Acid and now, I dont suffer at all. I caused myself to get piles and started eating high fibre foods, and they have gone now. Also, try buying a stool softener from the pharmacy but make sure its safe to take in pregnancy.

If its not piles and/ or hard stools, I have no idea what it could be and suggest you go see your doc.

I don't know if it is piles. I've never had it checked out before and have always just put it down to being constipated/straining and maybe tearing a bit inside as it feels like passing glass. I must admit my veg and fruit intake have been pretty much non existance in the last few weeks so I know my diet isn't great. I've started on fibre gel again so I'm hoping that will help.

Hi I started getting this this week and have moved on to the lactulose now (can get it over the couner from any pharmacy) and I've upped my water intake. I thnk there has been an improvement and definitely bleeding less.

Also making an effort to eat 2 satsumas a day too.

I had similar problem in the first 3 months of my pregnancy. I was always very reg at going to the loo, could of timed it to the clock. But then once I fell pregnant I found then that the problems started. I mentioned it to my MW when I was up for my booking in scan and they had a wee look. (yes abit embarrassing but we are gonna face more embarrassing once we give birth) she had a check anyway and told me it was called a "Fishure" or something. I got some cream and drank plenty of fluids and within a week it was gone.
Just mention it to ur doctor or MW and they will get u sorted hun. U need to be as comfortable as possible the next few months x

Most likely a fissure. It's just a open cut internally. Drink more water and maybe see if you can take a stool softner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->