TMI but I need suggestions what could be up

SatansSprite

1ds/1angel/Preg
Reaction score
So, my son, who is only a couple months off from being 4 is an overall pretty healthy little dude. He goes to a daycare three days a week, and so picks up a few odd little bugs from there, but nothing out of the norm for most kids.

What is out the norm for him, is that for the past couple nights he has been waking up after being asleep for a couple hours and vomitting. The first night he did it 5 or 6 times, while on the second it was only once.

During the day in between, and before, he seemed completely fine; happy and cheerful, playful like normal, had a normal appetite, he was totally normal but then after a couple hours asleep, he woke up with a little bit of a gagging cough, and then next thing out comes the contents of his stomach.

He has had a couple days before all this with a really mild cough that seemed to only really affect him right when he woke up, and he seems to always have little tiny bits of snot or mucus or something coming out his nose...not flowing out, the sort of thicker stuff that clings.

He's going to the docs tomorrow, but I just wondered if anyone had any ideas what it might be, or what I could maybe ask the doc to test for, look for, etc.

Could be his adenoids, Dec had difficultly sleeping and he used to gag in his sleep because he was so bunged up. Dec is now on the waiting list to have his adenoids removed.

I was like this as a child and ended up having tonsils and adenoids removed. It stopped right after the op. Think I was about 6 or 7.

Hope he feels better soon x

Ewan did this for a while,we tried him with infant gaviscon for about a week and then he was fine, we think he w getting reflux in the night.

My daughter sometimes does this if she has a cough...she will be asleep...starts coughing and then she throws up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->