tmi post really sorry

klouise1993

Reaction score
Hiya guys I wrote a post earlier about a weird sensation in my stomach and I've only just realized what it is and basically is it normal to have constipation and diarrhoea almost at the same time as at first I was going and nothing was happening but the next time was diarrhoea sorry for to much information but wanted to know if this was a normal pregnancy symptom? Xxx

Sorry to be gross but was it just water you passed? Sometimes you can become quite constipated in pregnancy and it causes overflow ie faecal fluid gets passed the hard stool and that comes out. Try to have a high fibre diet, plenty water and raise your feet when sitting on the toilet. Ie put a basin or some towels on the floor and sit your feet on them as it helps open your bowel. Xxx

Nope was just ermm watery poop lol but thank you for your reply and will definitely try putting something underneath my feet next time 😊 xxx

Being backed up seems to make my symptoms (abdominal and back pain) much worse. What works for me is vegetable shakes. I blend whole fruits and veggies with some yogurt, coconut water, and lime juice. Have at least 10 oz a day. That has been working for me. Also try to drink more water.

If you are constipated, the rest of the waste can't get into your lower colon, which I think is what causes the diarrhea. I'm not a doctor but that is what makes sense to me. Good luck!

Was it all in one go?

I go back and forth between diarrhea and constipation. Usually if I have constipation one day, I'll have diarrhea the next. Sometimes it seems like once I get rid of the constipation, it gets rid of the barrier and then it's easier for the rest to follow :haha:

In constipation, your colon absorbs too much water where as with diarrhea your colon doesn't absorb enough water. I'm not sure about how diarrhea relates in pregnancy, but I do know that constipation usually results due to the release of relaxin (from progesterone) which slows down digestion for maximum absorption (which is often where bloating comes in as well). When digestion slows down, it takes longer for your colon to get rid of the waste and therefore usually absorbs more of the water which in turn causes constipation.

I've read a lot on here where the ladies have had one or the other or both.

Fiber is good (and water!). Fiber helps bulk up the waste and helps provide for easier elimination. If you're not getting a lot of fiber in now, increase your intake slowly! Too much too fast will likely cause abdominal discomfort and possibly diarrhea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->