TMI-Vaginal Mucus (pic) Is this normal?

MImom2be

Recent Mommy~6-13-13!
Reaction score
Let me be the first to apologize and say that I am in no way, shape or form trying to sicken anyone, or get myself blocked from here, I'm just a little concerned about something.

I'm now over 21wks along, and while this hasn't been exactly an easy pregnancy, I feel blessed to be carrying our little girl!

Anywho, yesterday, I was really quite sick. I had AWFUL stomach pain, was bloated like a beached whale, and on top of that, have had constant migraines for over two weeks, but now I am seeing colorful, firefly like spots. So Nick took me into Henry Ford (our hospital) and they kept me for over 12 hours, ran a load of tests and basically sent me home with Tylenol after finding nothing wrong. My blood pressure was PERFECT, so they couldn't explain the "firefly spots" I was seeing.

However, this is not about yesterday, just today, a few minutes ago, I had to use the restroom (just peed) and wiped and saw this long, slimy, yellowish glob on the toilet paper.

Mind you, yesterday, they ran not only blood but urine and I was NOT dianosed with any form of infection, so what the heck is up with this?

There is NO smell, it is the consistency of snot (very thick), but it is yellowish, which I find strange. I have had things like this (not NEARLY this amount or this color, mind you!) so I'm sort of concerned.

Ever since Monday, I haven't felt our daughter kick much. They did a doppler yesterday and her heart rate was 157bpm, so a good, strong heartbeat.

Just concerned...is this normal? I am truly and utterly sorry if this makes anyone gag, I know it made me gag knowing it came out of me! :sick::sick:

Sorry again about attaching the picture, it is just sort of hard to describe without pictures...

Attachments

• mucus.jpg
    mucus.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 34
Hey hun had very similar jelly like thing at 21 weeks and was part of my plug... if u start to feel crampy or get any bleeding then go to energency...

If not then its completely normal and it will regenerate I itself.

Usually it would have blood on it if was a problem... but that looks like either some discharge or a plug...

If it continues without any pain call your doc or midwife coz h may have a infection if it is discharge.

I've had cm like that in this pregnancy and when I was pregnant with ds.

I'm actually scheduled to see my doctor (OB/GYN) on this upcoming Saturday, so I made sure to take pictures and will, for sure, be telling the doctor about it.

I'd rather sit through an uncomfortable vaginal exam and know that baby girl is alright than not tell the doctor and have something possibly happen.

I just assumed when they ran my blood and urine yesterday that they would've seen an infection if there was one, so that's why this whole globby thing freaked me out.

Mind you, they did NOT do a vaginal exam yesterday.

If its part of your plug it is quite normal ... also if they didnt take a vaginal swab yesterday then they wouldnt have probably checked for an infection down there...

Def tell your midwife when u see her but unless u have any bleeding or anything (I was told by my midwife) not to worry.

Yeah it sounds like it's just part of your mucus plug. Like pp said, it will regenerate itself. If you get cramps or bleeding though you should be seen right away just in case.

im glad you feel comfortable enough to post that picture :)
it comforts me to know that you arent sat at home alone worrying...
this it what we are all here for!
however, sorry i cant help on the subject x

looks like your mucus plug to me..i would give your doctor a call and let them know for sure...be watchful for contractions or crampiness. good luck!

I have no idea about the discharge, Ive had similar texture but not colour - but the above ladies seem to know better.

Those "firefly spots" you are seeing are possibly due to migraine youve been having.

https://www.bupa.co.uk/individuals/health-information/directory/m/migraine

Ive suffered with migraines all my life and sometimes feel like im in on my own personal firework show!

And don't worry about the pic - take a peek at the third tri board. There's a million mucus plug pics lol!

Thank you all so much, ladies!

I called Henry Ford (again) and told them what was going on, they basically echoed what was already said here, that unless there's some cramping and/or pinkish discharge/gush of fluid, to take it easy, drink lots of fluids and keep my Saturday appointment.

I am also very glad no one judged about the picture...I felt like a creepo posting it LOL as in, "Hey, this just came out of me, anyone wanna see it?"

About the migraines/firefly spots, I just wish I knew how to make them go away. The last time I had migraines (not pregnant) was a few months before I had my wisdom teeth cut out. Once they were cut out, they were no longer a problem.

These migraines are bad enough that I'm walking around the house with sunglasses and earmuffs on or sleeping to keep the pain away.

I'm taking more Tylenol than I'd like to admit, but nothing makes these migraines go away. NOTHING.

honey... its crazy but i feel more comfortable posting stuff like that on here to you ladies for advice than to most of my own family....

all you ladies get it! hahah

dont feel bad... a lots more gross stuff happens as we get further along ahah

Try some caffiene with the tylenol. Helps for me.

Try some caffiene with the tylenol. Helps for me.

I've tried :(

I limit myself to now 2 cups of coffee a day, and a limit of 8 Tyenol (Doctor said no more than 8 a day)

Nothing has helped. I even figured maybe it was those wonderful stuffy prego woman sinuses, so I bought some saline (salt water) rinse for my nose and NOTHING.

The pain is keeping me from functioning most days. I'm becoming antisocial because of the light and noises, I hardly can talk on my phone because even on the lowest setting my head just aches. The only way I'm comfortable is lying down. They seem to go away when I get horizontal. Not even necessarily sleeping, just not standing or sitting up.

Strange, eh?

Won't the Dr give you anything else? My ob gave me fioricet.

I only complained about it last visit, she said if it didn't improve, that they'd talk about going to the next level to treat the pain.

I'm going to see another doctor (same hospital, they want me to meet ALL of their OB/GYNs so when I deliver, I'll know who's working with me) and I'll mention it to him this Saturday.

I notice you're in Missouri, so obviously that is a US med, so I'm going to write the name of it down and see what he says.

I'm really trying to do my best to avoid as many meds as I can, but these headaches just aren't going away. I'll see what he says and I'll update this thread or start a new one with the outcome.

I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but I had discharge like that, just a different color, and was told it was normal. I also was told to ask myself if hubby and I had had sex recently, as sperm will gel up like that and come back out of the vaginal cavity. Just a thought:)

I don't know if anyone else has posted this, but I had discharge like that, just a different color, and was told it was normal. I also was told to ask myself if hubby and I had had sex recently, as sperm will gel up like that and come back out of the vaginal cavity. Just a thought:)

Sooo funny you mentioned that...Nick and I had just had sex (for the first time in over a month, I'm ashamed to admit)

I never thought about that, because it's never happened like THIS before. I've had clear or whitish globs a day or two after sex but never this yellowish color. Glad I took pictures, will have lots to overwhelm poor doctor with on Saturday :blush:

*puts down her breakfast pastry....*

To be honest - you did warn people that you posted a pic of this and I still clicked onto it while face down in a pecan plait. (Mind you - I am a scientist).

Looks like a bit of plug - apparently it's not rare to loose some and as the other ladies say - it will regenerate fairly easy. Just rest-up for a day or two i.e. avoid sky-diving and gymnastics. :)

*... picks up pastry and takes a huge bite*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->