TMI-Vaginal Mucus (pic) Is this normal?

Try some caffiene with the tylenol. Helps for me.

I've tried :(

I limit myself to now 2 cups of coffee a day, and a limit of 8 Tyenol (Doctor said no more than 8 a day)

Nothing has helped. I even figured maybe it was those wonderful stuffy prego woman sinuses, so I bought some saline (salt water) rinse for my nose and NOTHING.

The pain is keeping me from functioning most days. I'm becoming antisocial because of the light and noises, I hardly can talk on my phone because even on the lowest setting my head just aches. The only way I'm comfortable is lying down. They seem to go away when I get horizontal. Not even necessarily sleeping, just not standing or sitting up.

Strange, eh?

MiMom2be :hugs:

Firstly, thank you for posting the picture. I am terribly shy about those things and I am sure that if I had encountered that I would have been worried and not felt comfortable asking. It's good to know what it most likely is and that it's no cause for worry. :flower:

Secondly, I am in the same boat as you with the migraines. I was hoping they would settle but they are only getting worse in frequency and intensity. I am getting them everyday at the moment. It's been really debilitating and frustrating so I sympathize with you very much. The doctor has given me Tramadol (she told me it's a lower dose of morphine but I've been told it's just a derivative) She's told me a million times not to be scared of it and to take it but I have been avoiding it at all costs so far. I, too, am trying to get through this with as little meds as possible. Despite the doc telling me it's safe, it can still have side effects and it's classified as a class C drug so there isn't any actual info about it. Plus, with the migraines coming every day, I simply cannot take that med daily as the doctor did say it has addictive properties.

These are things that I am doing, in case you want to give anything a try:

- caffeine whenever I have a migraine (I have to limit myself to one small cup as I have a heart condition too)

- ice packs (there's not enough ice in the world when you have a migraine)

- menthol gel (like Deep Cold) rubbed into forehead and neck, then applying an ice pack near the areas

- lying down in the dark

- tying a scarf around head tightly

- sucking on ice

- But the main thing that seems to help me is putting ice packs around my head and then putting something heavy on my head (especially if you're having migraines seem to come from one side) The problem with this is a) you might look very silly if you put something like a laptop on your head which is what I am doing and b) you really won't get anything done. However, every time I do it, it takes the edge off the pain and I manage to doze off.

Make sure you are eating often and drinking lots as low sugar and dehydration can also cause migraines. I do hope you feel better soon, I know how sucky it is. :hugs:

Losing mucous is only a problem if it has blood in x

If your still having problems with your migraines, you should try this, It got me through a few months of unable to take my prescription pain killers and helping loads now.

Drink a fair bit of water / milk / anything to keep you hydrated. Take some paracetamol with caffine, then take a HOT bath, as hot as you feel comfortable with. Have the bath in the dark (i ususally leave the landing light on and turn off the bathroom light) and get a flannel. Run the flannel under the cold tap until its very cold and place over eyes. Repeat while you are in bath.
If youre really desperate, fill sink with cold water when you get out of bath and plunge face into it a few times. ( I always do this because it feels amazing when you have a headache).

The roll off to bed and have a nap.

The combination of hot and cold water in quick sucession causes your body to release adrenaline which reduces pain sensitivity, as well as causing vasodilation, improving blood flow to brain and face which helps with typical migraines and congestion.
The paracetamol, caffine and water help alleviate symptoms, while the nap will give them a chance to take effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->