To all you IVF ladies

yomo

Mummy to Lily x
Reaction score
I had EC yesterday.... 8 eggs collected only 5 made it through fertilisation!

I am really nervous that I am going to get a call tomorrow to tell me that we are down to 2..... will the 5 make it to ET??

xx

Didn't want to read and run......good luck with it! Hopefully you wont get that call!!
Fibgers crossed for your BFP!! :D xx

Hello!

Congrats on your EC. That is definitely the worst part I think. We had 9 eggs collected in our second attempt and 6 fertilized, with 5 getting to blast so I think you have every reason to be pleased with your results!! In contrast our first try yielded 22 eggs only a half fertilized and we had to transfer on Day 3 so In our experience a lower number gives much better quality.

I hope that makes sense!! Lots of luck to you xxxx

Hiya hun,

I had 9 collected and we ended up with 4 being fertilised.
I have my fingers crossed for you!

XXXX

Thats a better than average rate - from collection through fertilisation to transfer (3 day) they expect half to make it. Remember you only need one - Good luck and hope you get your BFP!

Hi Lyndsey,

I had 10 eggs collected, 6 fertilised and 3 made it to transfer and freeze.

You'll end up with more than 1 with any luck, but it's funny how few you end up with after all those follies isn't it?

Good luck honey!! xxx

Hey,

There are girls who got a bfp with a 2-day transfer & girls who got grade A perfect blasts & got bfns. Everything you've done up to this point is perfect. The lab & embies are doing there bit now & then it's fingers crossed for the very best of luck. Hardest thing is google.... I tried to find 'me' but pregnant and you can drive yourself loopy with that! :headspin:

Hun like everyone else said it is just a wait and see.

I had 22 collected (only 12 were mature) and only 3 fertilized - but all 3 made it to day 3 - which I was shocked about. Then they had to be frozen due to OHSS and all 3 survived the thaw. Unfortunately the result was bfn....but they survived through a lot.

Best wishes and endless hugs hun!

Thanks for all your lovely messages ladies, I would be lost without you all xx

I am waiting for the call today to see if they are ok and if we are doing egg transfer tomorrow or taking them to blast stage xx

Everything OK? I just came across this thread but there's no update.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->