To drink or not to drink.. Christmas/NYE

kitty_el

Pregnant with number 3 😄
Reaction score
Hey guys just wondering whether you will be drinking alcohol over Christmas/NYE - we are currently ttc and im thinking I am around 8/9dpo - I have been testing daily & so far bfn, I am unsure whether to have a drink on xmas day/NYE just in case.

Obviously if I got a bfp I would not be drinking.

I would test the day before each and if you get bfn, I would have a couple drinks :)

I heard a glass of red wine is ok but no more than two. It's probably better if you don't. Then again, my good friend got super drunk one night & found out she was pregnant 3 days later. Baby turned out find and it was an unplanned pregnancy.

Baby doesn't share anything with you until days after implantation. If you don't see a bfp on that day you are fine to drink. Maybe just not too much as you don't want to mess up possible implantation (if it even effects that, but better safe than sorry!)

iv been wondering the same but have been getting more and more upset each month with af arrival have decided if i dont have a drink at xmas and she comes on time (27th) im going to be even more bitter so im allowing myself

hope you get your bfp so you cant! good luck!

iv been wondering the same but have been getting more and more upset each month with af arrival have decided if i dont have a drink at xmas and she comes on time (27th) im going to be even more bitter so im allowing myself

hope you get your bfp so you cant! good luck!

Good luck to both of us, fingers crossed we are both alcohol free at Christmas :D

Have a few drinks and don't worry about it. It s really not going to make any difference . Enjoy yourself and relax.

A welcomed motto shared amongst many ttcers I know "DRINK till its PINK".... I always causiously drink.... In the tww ...but once AF appears I... Drink red wine thru my first tww

Drinking alcohol doesn't harm the fetus or any implantation until gone 7 weeks. This is because what you take in doesn't go straight to the baby yet. So if you are or not just relax and have fun x

I decided if I hadn't got a bfp I was drinking, went out Saturday night and drunk waaaay too much and low n behood af is on its way today so I wud have been seriously pissed if I had only had a couple and then af showed. I don't get to go out often so it was a nice welcomed night out and if I'm honest I wud do it again inthe tww because if it isn't positive it can't hurt it x

Il be drinking over the the holidays but in moderation. Il be testing in the right window before an u planned drinking. Like everyone has said if u didnt drink an then got af you would onky only regret it and the added stress of not drinking and explaining why and sitting anxiously waiting for bfp will prob be worse than the actual drinking I say if af nearly due, test, if bfn your good to go forget about the tww an enjoy Christmas with friends an ffamily
Gl ladies hope we all have a reason not to drink and yet still be merry over the next few weeks!
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->