To lift the stress of 1st Tri.........

Angelbaby_01

mommy
Reaction score
Anyone planning on a gender reveal party or baby shower?

I am planning to have a gender reveal in feb or march 2014, but seems like MIL wants to plan a surprise babyshower yet again. I will not stop her since I feel every baby is special.

How about you?

If we do find out gender then we are going to do a gender reveal !!!! I think it will be so awesome not letting anyone know ツ

I'm completely clueless as to what a gender reveal is. How does it differ to a baby shower? I didn't have a shower for my daughter and won't this time either. Just a personal choice. I'd like to do something. Just not sure what.

The technician write the baby's gender in an envelope and then you give it to a baker to bake a cake that will reveal the gender inside. Outside the cake will be decorated in different ways so that no-one knows and still need to guess. At the party when you cut the cake the baby's gender will be revealed.

Oh wow! That's so lovely! I reckon the uk sonographers would probably be far to grumpy to play along, but what a brilliant idea!

I love the idea if a gender reveal but im torn to stay on team yellow this time

I'll be lucky if I get a card off anyone outside my immediate family, its my third baby.... no one is bothered any more. "what--ANOTHER baby?!". I doubt I'll be getting any presents, let alone enough to warrent a baby shower. Though in fairness I've never heard of anyone outside of the inter-webs actually having a baby shower.

As for Gender Reveal my choices are facebook, twitter or blog. ...maybe a blog post that I post to my blogs f/b-page which automatically shares to twitter and then share to my personal facebook. Alternatively I could tell my 3 year old to keep it a secret and see how long it takes her to tell everyone.

I'll be lucky if I get a card off anyone outside my immediate family, its my third baby.... no one is bothered any more. "what--ANOTHER baby?!". I doubt I'll be getting any presents, let alone enough to warrent a baby shower. Though in fairness I've never heard of anyone outside of the inter-webs actually having a baby shower.

As for Gender Reveal my choices are facebook, twitter or blog. ...maybe a blog post that I post to my blogs f/b-page which automatically shares to twitter and then share to my personal facebook. Alternatively I could tell my 3 year old to keep it a secret and see how long it takes her to tell everyone.
I won't be getting any recognition what's so ever as well :-/ even if it was my second most people around here have a baby shower for the first child and that's it.

I doubt we will do a Gender Reveal but im 32 and this is my first baby in my family a Baby shower is a must I'm only 2 months and have given both my sisters a list as to how I want the decorations I'm so happy to finally b pregnant I couldn't imagine not having a shower to see all of my friends and family and get to share this with them it is gonna b great......

I'm not really doing an official gender reveal party or anything, but I SHOULD be finding out the gender a few days before Christmas, so I decided to write the gift tags on the presents as "From Amy, Joe, and Baby Milo" or "Baby Audrey", depending on whether it's a boy or girl.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->