to my working mom's

Ginag88

First Time Mommy WTT#2
Reaction score
How are you coping being at work?
Are there any short cuts or cheats you've been using to survive the day?

I hide in the changing room for long period of time eating grapes I brought from home

Lol, loving this thread already.

Apart from being on here way too much, I'm not too bad as still quite early. I'm absolutely starving all the time and my tummy is rumbling like mad. I'm yawning so much as well as working full time with a 3 year old waiting at home for me is just non-stop. That and the fact that my boobs feel like they have gone 10 rounds with Rocky (resulting in very restless nights) I'm just about getting by.

I havent told anyone in work and wont be for a while now as we have just had word today that there are going to be changes in our department that will be happening in March, so I'm going to say nothing for as long as I can as I don't want that to factor in their decision making as to where I may or may not be moved to.

I'm pretty sure that everyone at work either thinks I have the worst and longest stomach flu ever, or already realizes that I'm pregnant. My nausea starts up as soon as I'm awake and doesn't start to subside until ~10am (if that). Right now I'm snacking on saltines, chewing ice, and downing a few tums. The doctor already gave me a pill to help with it, but it's doing zilch this morning and I'm feeling my worst. I did have to call out one morning because I was throwing up so frequently that I couldn't even get dressed. :/ I really envy people that have light nausea!!

I had to take a week off from work around 6 weeks. My m/s was the worst then and I'm a nurse so I'm on my feet 12 hours at a time. But now I just make sure to have food or candy at all times and I sit down for 5 minutes throughout the day. My morning sickness is starting to go away although it does get pretty bad once in a while still!

I had to let my boss in because I'm way too nauseous. Luckily, she's super understanding, and perfectly willing to let me come in an hour late and stay an hour over to make it up. Other than that, I'm nearly constantly popping preggie pop drops, haha, and trying not to fall asleep at my desk.

I'm blessed that as long as I eat small, frequent meals then I can keep the nausea under control. I am downing water like crazy too, to keep that first trimester bloat to a minimum. I'd rather not tell ANYONE until after 12 wks. We shall see.

I love this thread! Luckily I'm not sick yet so coping at work isn't too hard except for the fact that at about 11am I'm ready to crawl under my desk for a nap.

Exhausted...and cranky. One of my pet peeves is repeating myself, and usually I can just let it go, but today, I've already snapped. Luckily, that person knows I'm pregnant, and she lets it go, but right now, I would do anything for an hour nap. I spend some of the day daydreaming about that nap after work. HAHAA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->