To scan or not to scan?

ttc bubby no2

mummy of 2
Reaction score
I'm booked in for my morph scan at 20+5 wks (earliest time available) so we have about 6 weeks to wait to find out the babies gender.

I'm considering getting a gender scan before then as we could get one in a week or two. The cost isn't too much, I think my issue is I want to limit the amount of scans just because I have already had two and I don't like the idea of having too many.

So I'm torn as to whether I should get one or not... it was so much easier when we didn't want to know the gender but now we do want to know I just want to know it now!

I was in the same situation as you really- neither of us wanted to know the gender, but now I'm starting to crack under the pressure ! :haha: I still don't know whether I want to or not, some days I'm like 'No, I didn't want to before, I can wait.', and then others I'm like 'Omg I just want to know nowww !!' Hahaha. I've already had 2 scans as well, so I'm definitely waiting til the 18th April for my 20 week scan as I don't want to spend any money on a private scan when I can just wait another couple of weeks and not have to worry about baby being too exposed. I've been waiting for my 20 week scan since the 28th February now and I'll be honest, it feels like it's taken forever so far, but I can't wait to finally have the scan and see how much my little one's grown !! :D x

i havae my 20 week scan on 5th of may . but have decoded to get gender scan on9 thursday at 16 +4 i am far to impatiant and it would put a downer on my preg having to wait once i know i can shop and bond and name bubs untill the its all is it boy is it girl . for 4 weeks would DRIVE ME INSANE . i think if u can afford it then go for it . mine is 79 pound with babybond i have herd they are fab also i belive its more pleasent experiance my hospital are lovly but as with all nhs its a anomality scan NOT gender scan so if they can tell its very quick and mine wont hunt around too long so unless in right position 1st time ours just dont have time to telll fair enouth . where as the gender scan is fab (had one with jody) we were in at least 45 mons and had to go for walk and took so long pointing bits and bobs out reall bonding helped. also the tech told my other daughter first so she told us what we were having was sooo cute...
cant wait till thursday :)

I wouldn't spend the money because I don't see the point. I waited until my 20 weeks scan when I was 20+5 and although at times time was dragging, it soon came around and I had money to buy things for baby after the scan. But if it is something you really want to do, you will do it!

I think if you can afford it and its not too expensive why not! I take any chance I can get to see baby. I dont think ultrasounds will harm your baby hope not anyways cause I see my doc every three weeks and they do a scan everytime! And im not high risk or anything thats just how they do it here! We found out we were having a boy at almost 16weeks. I already knew it was and doc said they will check again at next appointment just to make sure but I doubt it will change!

I am soooo tempted to pay for an earlier scan to find out a few weeks sooner, but then decided against it because there's nothing different that will happen between those couple of weeks, apart from knowing whether it's the boy or girls name we've chosen xxx

It is $85 AUS dollars which is about 55 pounds so it sounds like they are pretty cheap compared to some other scans.

Daddiesgift - its not that ultrasounds aren't safe, it is just there isn't a whole lot of research out there to prove that they are 100% safe. I know of plenty of women who have scans at every OB appointment and their babies are fine but I just prefer to limit it.. but then I am torn because I also want to find out the gender as soon as I can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->