To those with one or more solve a debate for me please!

Yup, sorry meant "blues" not "eyes" lol

You'll have to come back and let us know!

All good I was a bit confused but figured it out!

Yea I will, stalkers welcome!

Do you have a pregnancy journal?

No I suck at journals. So far all I have is side boob and nipple tenderness, all day sickness (most days but some days none at all), some fatigue as well...

When's your first appointment?

Had an appointment at my gp's office last Wednesday (but not with my normal doctor he was on vacation, I hated this substitute Dr), had blood drawn on Monday this week. First ultrasound scheduled for the 17th according to my calculations I'll be about 6+5.

How exciting! Is this your first? Are you secretly hoping for a boy or girl? Names?

Since you "suck" at journaling i'm just going to bombard you with questions :haha:

Yes our first. First baby in my family as well! I'm happy with a healthy baby but would love a girl. OH would love a boy... We are team yellow until the very end! No names yet...

Bombard away!

Oh my gosh team yellow?! I don't understand the willpower of you people lol! My sister in law (about 23 weeks along) is waiting, too. They have an underwater theme to keep things neutral. Do you have a theme for the nursery?

I'm thinking zoo themed... Maybe lion king though! OH doesn't want to buy anything until second trimester :-(

I think that's fair. We waiting until 27 weeks i think (but we were high risk and paranoid).

But I'm so excited! I wanna go buy random things and things on sale

Since you're going gender neutral, I think it's totally fine to pick up things here or there. Not to be a downer but if something happened tot his pregnancy, you could still use the items on a future pregnancy.

I actually bought some butterfly paintings early in my first tri because that was going to be my theme for a girl. I still hung them anyway haha :p actually in retrospect. Have no idea what happened to those paintings....must have gotten lost in the move.

I went to my doctor today and I have mixed feelings...

The good: My beta levels at 5w0d were 1750. So nice and high yay!

The bad: I mentioned the pulling and cramping in my lower abdomen. He said because of my previous mc and my mental break down from my last one I am not allowed to work or go to the gym for two weeks. He is also strongly recommending I must tell my employer about the pregnancy, my risk level and past.

I've only been with my employer for a month. I am not even past my probation, I am afraid of loosing my job

Your doctor can't decide what's best for you at your job. I wouldn't say a word....I learned the hard way that being honest can screw you over big time. I told them my husband and I were thinking of moving, but I would give them at least a 30 day notice and they thanked me for my honesty and openness...then a few days later they told me they were looking for my replacement and I would be fired when they found one.

How far along were you when you miscarried? I'm so sorry for your loss.

Can't do that.... I'm not allowed to lift or carry over 40lbs, walk up and down stairs & ladders or do anything exerting... That's basically my job description. Plus he's worried that working 12 hrs days is putting too much of a strain on my body...

December was a cp April was 6w3d.

My work does have a 'fetal protection program' in the safety manual so I'm hoping I will gain some compassion there...

:/ hmmm that is quite a conundrum...well I hope they are sympathetic to your situation. This does seem a little odd though, usually (in the states anyway) they don't restrict you so much unless you've had multiple miscarriages or another issue us known. As far as I knew, none of that stuff induces a miscarriage :shrug:

I told my boss and he was AMAZING about it! He told me not to worry about a thing, to take the time that I needed and that my job is 100% safe. I'm so relieved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->