Toddler group etiquette regarding illnesses?

I definitely don't bring LO to play groups if she has a cold. I understand sometimes the snots last longer than 5 days and she isn't contagious and might bring her then, but I don't appreciate it when other parents bring their kids who are coughing and sneezing to play groups and we catch it. I know we all get colds but both my husband and I work full time and it's hard with dd gets sick.

I sometimes worry that other parents think I'm bringing a poorly child to a group but he just always has a runny nose, literally all the time. If he's actually ill then I wouldn't take him anywhere as he'd need time to recover. I can understand some parents doing it though, if you have a sickly child do you just never leave the house?

If either of my children are ill then no they wouldnt go. If just snotty then thats ok...green snotty...not a chance..same if they are coughing or sneezing all over the place.

I am one of those mums who gets seriously annoyed when people bring their clearly ill children to playgroups or nursery!! My eldest picks up EVERYTHING and even if its just been a child with a mild cold at nursery he gets it and it wipes him out. The poor boy is hardly in nursery as hes constantly picking up bugs! Hes been off the majority of the last 2 weeks with fevers and coughing. The time before that he keps picking up gastroenteritis, 3 times in a row! Hed get better...id send him bk...hed come out with it again and landed a 40oc temp and an ambulance trip with hallucinations.

People need to realise that yes it might be a small inconvenience to them to keep their child off for a day or 2, but it prevents a major one for a child like mine who gets poorly easily.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->