Toddler Sleepless nights support thread

My LO has Never slept through the night.
We moved into our new flat last saturday, his sleep is pretty much the same. Except he wont settle in his cot At All now and sleeps in my bed all night.
I dont mind cause he needs to settle in, but my OH is coming back for the weekend and the bed isnt big enough for the three of us! I dont have a sofa yet, so not sure what im going to do.

Anyway, i think im going to start the no-cry sleep solution in a couple of weeks. I dream of a full nights sleep zzzzzzz

I feel your pain! One year after having our beautiful daughter and I'd say she's slept through the night twice since being born!! Its exhausting isn't it?!! I work full time and feel like a zombie in the mornings :sleep: We've tried EVERYTHING!! I think she has really vivid dreams or something coz she talks in her sleep. So good to know that someone else is awake in the middle of the night and not just me...!

My son is 19 mo and can sleep for 13 hours straight when he is at his moms house. However When i have him for a weekend at my house he wakes up usually around 1 or 2 because of nightmares i think. Does anyone know what could cause this?

My son is 19 mo and can sleep for 13 hours straight when he is at his moms house. However When i have him for a weekend at my house he wakes up usually around 1 or 2 because of nightmares i think. Does anyone know what could cause this?

I think over-stimulation causes vivid dreams in toddlers...or so I read somewhere!! Chances are he's so excited to be around you and its a new/fresh environment for him so he dreams a lot! A lot of my friends say their LOs seem to wake up because of dreams during the night, some babies just do this! Also, how do you know for def that he sleeps 13 hours?! Perhaps she's just telling you that!!

I do have to say I am a lot relieved that there are a lot more people than I expected that have the same problem I do! I just feel so exhausted and am truly happy I found this thread as a support.....my daughter is 13 months and does not sleep very good at all and its so exhausting...lets hang in there moms!!

Its so frustrating.... Even more so when i see my 19month old daughter who will not stay in her own bed or sleep through the night anymore when my 15month old nephew sleeps perfectly fine through the nights... *sigh*

I'm so hoping she grows out of this stage.

Knock knock......Please may I come in....

I too have a toddler who doesn't like to sleep, or let anybody else for that matter :(

My boy is 18months old next week and has rarely ever slept through the night... there have been odd nights, but they really are odd nights. He goes down ok, just doesn't stay down...At a total loss and don't know what to do anymore.... Hope it goes away and he starts sleeping better soon

xxx

definetly need some advice....LO has rarely slept in her own bed, due to me bf and then me being lonely at night because DH was working graves. We have moved into our own house now(not sharing a room with LO now) and she has YET to sleep in her own room at night.
We are going to try and let her sleep in her playpin in our room tonight but all she had done for 2 hrs is cry(i hate letting her cry) off and on wanting to go to bed with us. Finally i rocked her to sleep and when she was in a deep sleep i put her in her pin....im at a lose anymore. I really just want me and hubby to have our privacy(nothing against co-sleeping cause I loved it) but it just seems that time. Any advice would be more than welcome. Hope all you ladies get some decents zzzzz's

I could really do with some advice...
My son is 18 months old...he has always been a poor sleeper (I could count the amount of nights he has 'slept through'). At about 16 months he started walking properly and got a bit better, most nights only waking once and would often cry but get himself back off to sleep without me going in to him.
In the past month he has been quite bad and the last week terrible. He hasn't been very well, cough, cold, sore throat but nothing major.
Approx 4-5 times in the last couple of months he has woke in the night screaming inconsolably for over an hour. After looking into it he shows all of the symptoms of 'night terrors' with the exception that it tends to last from 1-2 hours especially the screaming, thrashing etc and most things I have read say it should only last from 2-3 mins to 30 mins.
He still has a really good nap in the day, anything from 1-2.5 hours, so i cant put it down to over tiredness which is apparently one of the main causes of the terrors.
The lack of sleep is really starting to get to me now and I am at the end of my tether with it, can anyone offer me any advice on things to try to prevent this? I would really aprreciate it!
Thanks x

Have any of you actually got through the phase now? I just posted a thread echoing pretty much what you've all said. Hit 18months decided not to sleep through anymore when previously been a excellent sleeper!!

One very tired mummy and daddy, have tried everything now and co sleeping appears to be way forward but not the exact route either of us wanted :(

Do they grow out of it eventually? xx

2 years old and he only wakes twice a night for milk now. One year ago he was still waking every 2 hours, so this is a vast improvement.

I think Id better write something on this thread, having a non sttn-er as I do.
A good night is going to sleep at 7pm, 2 wakings, quick cuddle or bottle of water, and back to sleep in his own bed til 7am.
A bad night is not going to sleep without a fight til 8.30pm, up every two hours demanding milk, maybe being a wake for 2 hours in the middle of the night, and then up for the day at 5am.
It seems pretty 50:50 which one we'll get at the moment, though they tend to be in strings rather than alternating.
And to think I glossed over all of this when I was reading during my pregnancy, thinking 'I like my sleep, so LO will too' ha ha xx

I could really do with some advice...
My son is 18 months old...he has always been a poor sleeper (I could count the amount of nights he has 'slept through'). At about 16 months he started walking properly and got a bit better, most nights only waking once and would often cry but get himself back off to sleep without me going in to him.
In the past month he has been quite bad and the last week terrible. He hasn't been very well, cough, cold, sore throat but nothing major.
Approx 4-5 times in the last couple of months he has woke in the night screaming inconsolably for over an hour. After looking into it he shows all of the symptoms of 'night terrors' with the exception that it tends to last from 1-2 hours especially the screaming, thrashing etc and most things I have read say it should only last from 2-3 mins to 30 mins.
He still has a really good nap in the day, anything from 1-2.5 hours, so i cant put it down to over tiredness which is apparently one of the main causes of the terrors.
The lack of sleep is really starting to get to me now and I am at the end of my tether with it, can anyone offer me any advice on things to try to prevent this? I would really aprreciate it!
Thanks x

Sounds like my DD, but I know hers is due to constipation/allergy. It might be worth you taking notice of what he eats during the day and if it affects his sleep. It could be the thrashing is tummy pain, especially if he's bringing his knees up.

My son will be three in May and he has only slept through the night about a months worth of time. I am sooo tired, especially being 15 weeks pregnant! Any tips worth sharing? I'm desprate! (Not to mention he NEVER falls asleep until around 11 either!)

Molly is now going to bed at 9:00pm and waking at 1:30am for 'drink' which actually means a cuddle in bed with me (hers or mine, she's not fussy)..

I miss my baby sleep through the night, angel!!! GAH!!

I have never posted in here before, because in general my kids are really good. But last night, Zach decided to wake up at 12.05am and cry, he settled easily, but had cried himself awake :dohh:

I spent the next three hours trying to get him to sleep...

Then when he finally did drift off, everytime he realised i wasnt there he cried for me. I feel absolutley shattered today! I had to drape my dressing gown over him to get him to sleep..... He was up till gone 3, and up at 7am.

Dont know how im going to paint two bedrooms today! ::sleep::

our daughter is such a pain. She use to get up at 8am, nap at 2 for a hour and in bed by 8-9pm.

But recently she will not nap until 4-5pm and then she is managing to get 9hours from 1 hour nap so she doesn't drift off till 11pm +.

Some night's she is getting 12 hours, and still awake at 2am. It's so hard at times, and nothing has changed. God know's where she is getting the energy from.
But we are at the health vistor on friday so will ask then, but have any of you ladies had the same issue????

Lena has always been a horrible sleeper. In the beginning, she was up like clockwork every 1 or 2 hours.

Now, at a year old, she often doesn't feel the need to sleep until 10:00 or 10:30 PM, usually, and is up and ready for the day no later than 8:00. On a good night, she is up only once or twice for milk, but it's usual for her to wake up 3-4 times a night. She only has one sippy cup of milk at night -- down from 2 bottles or more after we switched to the sippy cup -- and never seems to want more than that, but it takes her FOREVER to get through that amount. It's like, she wants just a tidbit of it, then rolls over and conks out again on her own.

Everyone around me keeps saying I should just let her cry it out, but I'm COMPLETELY against that option. My cousin and her husband let their son cry for up to over an hour at a time and that just seems ridiculous to me.

Hi ladies,
I'm here for some support and/or advice as I'm struggling today after a really hard week.
I was one of the lucky ones who's LO STTN from early on but she started night wakings again from about 8 months old, coinciding with when she started crawling.
After a short respite period she began waking again at around 12 months when she started walking and things haven't settled for the past couple of months.
We had a handle on it though. She was waking 2-4 times per night but after a quick cuddle she was going straight back off. Ok so it was disturbed sleep but I could cope with this, was used to it and at least I knew I could be back in bed within 5 minutes and back off to sleep soon after.
This past week however when she's woken she hasn't gone back off. The time seems to vary, sometimes closer to 1am sometimes closer to 3am but she's then awake 2-3 hours and crying unless I'm with her. She isn't hungry, isn't Thursday but seems to ping wide awake to be honest and wants to get up :wacko:
I'd love some advice about how to cope with this. I'm newly pregnant and have a painful sinusitis infection that I can't see off at the moment and I feel like I need sleep more than ever.
It's not even an option to cave and bring her to bed as she still won't settle - she wants to climb and play.
I can't even catch up during the day as she's hit and miss with napping too. I do also work for half of the week :cries:
Thanks for listening ladies :flower: x

Have never posted in here... But omg Paige won't settle! She's been so restless for the last 2 hours, not actually waking, but is wriggling and keeps crying every 5-10 minutes! She is like this every night, and yet again has ended up beside me, which doesn't help.

I actually can't even shut my eyes for 5 minutes without her whimpering. Its not just my sleep its affecting, but surely she can't be getting a very good sleep if she is like this all night?

She is teething with canines and has been fir a while, but goodness me I don't know how to get her to stay asleep without all the constant moaning and moving!

I am going downstairs to make up some milk as she only had 3iz before bed and a small dinner. Pop some Calpol in there and hope it allows us both to get some proper sleep! She hasn't had milk through the night since 10 months... So i'm wary. Is it okay to use teething gel whileshes asleep? I've never even used it before, so don't know of it will work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->