Toddler Sleepless nights support thread

It has been suggested to me by others but I wouldn't feel ok about it unless ok'd by her dr as I don't know enough about it ( side affects, dosage, etc). I am thinking I am going to make another appt with her pediatrician to discuss.

Tryingg... What hours is your daughter sleeping?

Vicks... Did your hv offer any insight?

Vicks did you have any response from the HV?

When ours came out she wasn't very helpful at all. She suggested either CC, PUPD or co sleeping all of which I've tried and I'm still in the same position.

I'm really disappointed. Particularly as I turned up at clinic at my wits end and was sent away as it was 'too complicated to go through' there and then.

They made an appointment for a home visit but it was 3 weeks later so I was really hoping for something amazing I hadnt thought of but :nope: x

Hi guys
Thought I'd come & meet the other sleep deprived mummy's & maybe even pick up a few tips!
My little man is 2 in oct he has always been a rubbish sleeper right from the start he had breast feeds every hour through the night when he was newborn! I can count the amount of times he has slept through in one hand!
Right now he sleeps 1 hour in the day (sometimes less) he's very active he has 3 big sisters he runs around after in the day time, we are always in the garden or at the park so he's defiantly burning enough energy! He eats well & drinks lots if water so no problems there either. He has a big boy bed as he was climbing out of his cut by 14m old & always goes to bed perfectly, on his own no problems at all. He shares with a sister.
Then when the night shift begins its absolute hell... And that is normally around midnight/1am it starts.
He wakes regularly and by this I mean every hour until 6am and then he gets up!!
He will shout mum or dad until either me & my partner go to him, we normally leave it for 10mins or so to see if he might self settle which he doesnt. We have tried longer before & he still doesnt.
He screams for "drink" & we normally try & settle him down without but that rarely happens, if it does then he's awake again within half hour crying for "drink" ... We can go through 4-5 drinks a night which normally results in at least 3 nappy changes & it is now beyond a joke! We are shattered, his sisters are waking due to his constant crying so then suddenly it's not just 1 child to put back to bed its 4! We spend all night trying to get ty to sleep & even when he is he just re wakes again & it starts all over. He gets out if bed & just sits by the staircase crying, we have tried cc but maybe we should give it a better longer chance & not back down with a drink at all.
He's such a misery guys in the day & this must be down to lack of sleep at night.
Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Thanks for reading xx

My son is the same. He wakes almost every hour for his drink and i'm absolutely shattered. He sometimes has an hour or so to sleep in the day and goes to sleep between 8-9 at night. Then he's waking up for drinks til 5 in the morning when he's up for the day, it's just impossible. I know it's making a rod for my own back but i've just started putting him in my bed as then i only ave to grab the drink for him and he'll settle straight back down, i just didn't know (still don't know) what else to do. He's only ever slept through twice :nope: And i used to think i were shattered in the those first 3 months, if only i knew what were coming :dohh: I'm hoping he gets better soon. Most people say they just start sleeping through the night automatically on their own when there ready, well that's what family and friends say anyway

Hi everyone- this is my first post here and I'm desperate for advice and to share with you your own sleepless nights!

My LO slept great till I went back to work when she was 9 months old. Then she woke every hour!!

She is now 20 months! She sleeps 8pm to 7am(when I wake her going to work) or 8am she wakens usually on her own if I'm off! She can sleep anywhere between 20mins and 2hours during the day though lately its got loads less!!!!!

The problem is she wakens about 4-10 times after 11.30pm crying and this past two nights she has been screaming- she usually is very easy to go back to sleep- she just wants to see us! We use a gro bag so she is warm and covered! She uses a dummy but eeasily find it if lost!

I'm ready to crack! Tonight I'm working a 16 hour shift and I've been up 6 times last night! I'starting to shout and scream (in our room before I go into her room). I'm loosing my mind I'm so frustrated- I don't know what I'm doing wrong!

My hubby is so calm and can cope no bother with no sleep and is shocked at how I'm coping which is pissing me off more!

I'm desperate for help! When is this gonne end its been a year and I work long hours!!!!!!!

To some above posters- if you left a drink beside them would they get it themselves?

I try not to speak to Ava when I go into her at night and have never eve offered a drink so she has never asked for one- she just wakens soooo much and I dunno why

C.m.c we are having the same problem-incessant waking after about midnight. LO wakes up crying, which escalates to this god awful screaming. Which really inhibits the whole CIO method. She just doesn't stop crying until someone goes to check on her. Sometimes she does want to nurse, sometimes just a cuddle when daddy goes in. It drives me crazy because she goes to sleep on her own just fine and has since she was much younger. It's just this unending night waking for no real reason that has me at my wit's end. I'd even be ok with waking up once a night. I just don't know what to do??

its so frustrating isnt it? My LO will go to sleep no problem in her room- we put her down awake and always have done and like your LO she just wants to know we are there!!! im lost ive ran out of options:dohh:

I feel your pain!!14 months old mow and still having a night feed!!! CIO lasts for about 3 hours which is when we give in and feed - to be honest we now just feed her when she wakes so she goes back to sleep aaaaaaaaaaaaaaggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!

My Lo has only slept 2 full nights since last Tuesday! Me and my Oh are so shattered.Lo wont nap durning the day even when hes tired.I feel so drained and Iv got the shakes.Im that tired.How do you girls do it?

Well here we are in the middle of another phase of not sleeping :(
Our daughter has been awake for 2 1/2 hours now. I'm 26 weeks pregnant and need my sleep so I tried bringing her to my bed but she still wouldn't sleep. She stopped crying but wanted to jump all over us/get up and play.
I've taken her back to her own room now and she's having a complete meltdown.
She's had a bum change and a drink of water and is still awake and screaming her head off. I feel in a way I can't relax and sleep when she's doing this so I might as well get up with her but at the same time I don't want to give her the message that 1am (when she first woke up) is morning.
Permission to scream myself? I don't know what else to do

I just want to cry. I am seriously losing it. I havnt slept for more than an hour at a time in over 3 days now. This means no REM sleep. And Ièm on medication to help me sleep so my body is just screaming at me. Im honestly afraid of myself at this point. I just want him to sleep!!

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/member.php?u=480965
My sleep training journal. I am one tired mummy who is desperate for a decent nights kip :-( x

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/parenting-journals/1686091-sleep-training-diary.html
Sorry this is the correct link :) x

My son is nearly 4 and has slept through the night probably 10 times in his life
I have come to accept that is his sleeping pattern. He has a lot of nightmares and at the moment he wakes up around 1-2 times to go for a wee, sometimes on top of the nightmare waking
When he was around 2 1/2 we had an 11 day marathon where he would scream and scream and not want to go to bed and wake up every hour. For 11 days it went on before I finally went to the doctor who gave me some sedation for him
It was a couple of months later he was able to put into words he was scared of his room he was scared of 'the man' in his room. Scared the pants of us but he picked up a photo of my recently passed dad and said 'thats the man'
My point is we don't always know what is causing our little ones to wake and not want to sleep but it is just our lack of understanding.
Be patient and stay strong.
He was also getting out of bed around 4/5 in the morning thinking it was time to get up.
I bought an app that is on his ipad of a bear that goes to sleep and it has become part of his bedtime routine.
The bed sleeps and if my son wakes in the morning and the bear is asleep he knows he's not allowed to get out of bed and has to go back to sleep. Toddler sleep trainer it's called. doesn't keep him asleep but at least keeps him in bed early in the morning.:thumbup:

Hi ladies. I'm so glad I found this thread - I've been so convinced that our sleep problems were due to the fact that we still have littlen in our room (our place is on the market and hopefully she'll have her own room soon) but I see from reading your stories that these sleep problems are universal. Our little girl was an angel for sleeping between 6 and 9 months, then after a few poorly days she started waking up for night feeds and has been ever since. I don't think she needs them but sometimes it's the only way to settle her down. I cope okay on little sleep as I have never been a great sleeper myself, but after weeks of not getting more than 2 hours in any one sitting is too much for me and I am completely fatigued by having no room to sleep when she is in the bed with us. Sometimes she won't sleep unless I am literally sitting up with her on me, if I lay down she starts to scream again. She is going through a lot of development right now and has just started walking, I did read that children going through developmental stages can have disturbed sleep. I guess they develop more at this stage than they ever will their whole lives so maybe we should just sit tight and remember that no matter how bad it gets, it won't last forever ... (I'll try to repeat that to myself later when I am tearing my hair out!)

haggis- My daughter is 2 and is doing the same thing. screaming for hours and will not stay asleep, wakes up at 4 for the day etc...screams while she is sleeping and nothing helps. My husband sleeps with her in her bed because she wakes so often we would never get sleep plus we have a 3 month old baby. We are at a loss as to what to do.

My DD slept horrible the first year of her life, then gradually starting sleeping better. with better i mean, not waking up every hour to comfort nurse.
She's 22 months now and she's having a rough patch in her sleep again due to teething.. I'm tired!

I'd advise you girls to maybe look into food allergies, we cut out dairy and she started sleeping better.. whenever we add dairy again she starts being restless again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->