Toddler Sleepless nights support thread

starlight: I am sorry you are going through this, It is sooo exhausting. My daughter is 16 months and just recently (knock on wood) has started to sleep through the night usually. I do not have much advise as I did not know what to do either other than to just take turns with my husband which didn't happen much. It was mostly me getting up with her. Maybe you can find a sitter for half of a day or the whole day and just have a day to yourself. sleep and do whatever you need to take care of yourself. Being pregnant and having a little one is extra exhausting just in its self. If you do not have anyone to help you make sure you talk to friends or keep posting here to just vent. It is very frustrating and very tiring. I know what you are going through and feel your pain! I hope it does get better SOON.

Hi Girls,

Ive not posted in here before and ive read through some of the posts, dont have the energy to read every one atm ! my lo is in bed by 7, sleeps about a hour and a half during the day, she goes down no problem, the issues start from after midnight. It used to be once a night, then its increased, the last three night have been hell and its been worse than having a newborn ! 90 % of the time its just a matter of re-settling then im back to bed but theres been a few times when ive had to sit with her for a while.

Ive tried the gro clock, duvet, ive put her back in the sleeping bag as its been worse since introducing it, tonight ive given her a pillow

some people have told me to break the habit by giving her a drug from the doctor - really do not want to do that.

some people say do controlled crying, ive tried she will not stop crying (tried for up to an hour) then I got so stressed I went into her - I really dont want to have to do this either esp as she will cry and cry and not stop.

what do I do ?? please help xx

I have also had to deal with the same situation with my 2 and 4 year olds. What my husband and I have been trying to do is gently rub their backs while they are still in their beds. Most of the time, they will go back to sleep. We will not let them sleep in our beds or take them out of bed to rock them because it could form habits that will be very hard to break.

So sorry you have to go through this! There are days where I have to wake up several times a night also, so I know just how exhausting it can be. Hope this helps a little!

So sick of being a human dummy :( I wouldn't mind still co-sleeping and her waking for a couple of night feeds if that was all it was but she pops off, cries, writhes around until I pull her back down the bed and she latches on again. Lather, rinse, repeat, all bloody night long. I'm so so drained and so fed up with this :(

My girl never sleeps well. Last night after a new routine she went to sleep at half 9 and woke twice thru the night and has just woke at 11 for the day. X

stephii, i would take that anyday over down at 6.30, up 5or so times and up for the day at 5.30/6am! its hard switching things up sometimes, especially when it doesnt even work! Lol

Stephi- Wait- she went down at nine at night, woke twice, but slept till ELEVEN the next morning??? :shock:

New here- but sleepless like the rest of you :wacko:

As we sat awake at midnight with our toddlers, hubby asked if "this was normal" for them to go though patches of not sleeping- so I brought him here! He felt better knowing it's not just our girls- thanks!

I dont even sleep until 11 when paige is at her dads!

Tonight, paige fell asleep by herself in her cot!! I sat beside her for a while but got bored so got up and she fell asleep :-D she was awake until 7.45pm, which is an hour later than usual. She also has her blind up in her room, so im hoping for a good night tonight (good by my standards!)

Last nigt she did well. Woke up at 8.30 and 11pm, only took me 2 minutes each time to settle her and she slept until 5.30 this morning. I wouldnt mind that again, but may e make it 7.30 instead!?

That was just a random thing never usually happens and hasnt since and the 2 times she was up in the night were 2-3 hours long. :( We kept with the routine but hasnt worked again so far. and she seams to be terrified of her bed

I cant get the balance right with my LO. She fights her sleep and ends up so overtired and unhappy, takes hours to settle, refuses naps and wakes at 4.45am! Then like today she took a big catch up nap and is now super happy and hyper and singing in her cot! Ahhhhh.

So I'm back here again :cry:

DD had an ear infection about a month back and although she was well again after a course of antibiotics she hasn't gone back to sleeping through.

When she wakes its taking at least two hours for her to go back to sleep again and I'm up and down during this time.

I'm going to have to talk to the health visitor again as I feel completely wrecked now but pretty sure they'll just say CIO and I don't know if I can do it :nope:

I need to do something as we're gradually stopping doing all the fun groups and classes that we do in the mornings (my non-working mornings) as I'm like a zombie and can't face going out. As for work... :-(

Can I just scream - aaarrrrgggh!!

So I'm back here again :cry:

DD had an ear infection about a month back and although she was well again after a course of antibiotics she hasn't gone back to sleeping through.

When she wakes its taking at least two hours for her to go back to sleep again and I'm up and down during this time.

I'm going to have to talk to the health visitor again as I feel completely wrecked now but pretty sure they'll just say CIO and I don't know if I can do it :nope:

I need to do something as we're gradually stopping doing all the fun groups and classes that we do in the mornings (my non-working mornings) as I'm like a zombie and can't face going out. As for work... :-(

Can I just scream - aaarrrrgggh!!

:hugs: no suggestions I'm afraid as I too couldn't go down the CIO route but just sending you a little hug as I know how down it can get you. Hope she soon settles down again for you. Sleep deprivation is horrible x

Aaaaaaargh why is my LO still such a crappy sleeper? I haven't slept for more than about 3 or 4 hours at a time since she was born :(. I'm soooooo worn down by it now.

i am back here again as well.......My daughter has been wakeing up between 2 and 4 am and she will literally toss, turn, cry, for hours. sometimes she won't go back to sleep at all so ill just get up with her. Ive tried putting her in bed with me and she quiets down, but still tosses and turns and won't sleep at all. I am feeling so stressed, exhausted and emotional because of the medical stuff thats happening with her right now and extra emotional and hormonal because I am pregnant. I dont' know what to do

Can I join? Thomas is an awful sleeper. Always has been. He has one 1 hour nap, goes to bed around 8pm, up by 9-9:30pm and won't sleep until 2-3am. He's like a duracell bunny.

Can I join too? Joe is nearly 3 now and averaging about 4-6 hours sleep a night :-( I don't know how he does it as i am exhausted. After being awake at 4am yesterday, he eventually went to sleep at 9 last night, woke at 11:30 but then dosed until 1am, when he was wide awake and has refused to sleep since!
I have the HV coming round at 9 this morning and I am desperately hoping she can help x

Can I join too? Joe is nearly 3 now and averaging about 4-6 hours sleep a night :-( I don't know how he does it as i am exhausted. After being awake at 4am yesterday, he eventually went to sleep at 9 last night, woke at 11:30 but then dosed until 1am, when he was wide awake and has refused to sleep since!
I have the HV coming round at 9 this morning and I am desperately hoping she can help x

I hope she can help too :hugs:

Maybe take him to the park or something in the afternoon to tire him out? X

Megan doesn't get tired out... She gets wired. If we do anything fun or anything she thinks is fun and out of the ordinary then she can't turn off her brain at night to sleep. I've found I have to have the perfect balance of every day.

We did cc at 13 months. She goes to bed without protest. It's just that she sometimes CANT actually fall asleep.

I bought a weighted blanket last week and it does seem to be helping her some. it helps calm her a bit. I had read that it can be good for kids who have issues sleeping.

If Megan doesn't nap she doesn't sleep well at night. She gets overtired without the nap. She tends to wake if her baby sister wakes in the night for a bottle. So the other night Jordan woke at 2:30 am and it woke Megan up ( they aren't even on the same floor and both have white noise in their room). Megan never fell back asleep. That sort of thing is very typical for our house lately.
She can't cosleep. We've tried. It doesn't help her. She still can't fall asleep.

It's hard as it affects our days as without sleep she very crabby during the day. And i always feel like I have to keep her on such a strict schedule which sometimes I'd just like to do something fun with the family and not have to pay for it for the next 4 days.

just out of curiosity......has anyone ever tried a small dose of melatonin for there sleepless toddler???seriously thinking about it. My mom gave it to us as kids, but i dont know how young and how much??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->