toddler wants to feed

kirstyloo82

Reaction score
deacon is just over 2 and stopped bf at 3 months. now winter is bf great. me and deacon were just playing vwhen he stood in front of me and said please. he does this when he wants to eat/drink. i asked him what he wanted and he said milk boobie like winter. he only has milk now on his cereal, his choice, just never wants it. just then she started crying so distracted us, but what do i do if he asks again? i dont want him to feel left out if i say no to him, butyes to her as we already have some jealousy issues, but then is it right to let him? what do you think?

I would let him, it's highly unlikely that he even remembers how to feed and once he's tried once or twice he'll lose interest. It's a totally normal stage that many kids go through, if she was bottle fed he'd probably want to try the bottle.

I don't think that allowing him to breast feed is a good idea, there's always going to be something that winter gets that he doesn't and vice versa and they both have to accept that. Chances are he's jealous of the time that breast feeding gives winter rather than the milk so maybe make sure that after winter has been fed you spend some 'special' time with him. Would he understand if you explained winter can only have milk and he's very lucky to be able to have anything he likes (and then give him his favourite?) Good luck anyway, i can only imagine how tricky it is x

Personally I wouldn't let him BF. He's been done for a long time, and like above poster said there are always going to be things that winter gets that he doesn't and the other way around. Something he just has to learn.

god, being a parent is so hard! not just the everyday taking care of basic needs, but really important things, and its so easy to get things wrong. someone told me that babys dont come with a manual, but why not, cant someone write one? it would make it so much easier! at least the kids would have a fighting chance of reaching adulthood without some horrendous mental scarring or emotional issues that would mess them up forever!

Yeah, i think philip larkin said it best!!!!

I don't think that allowing him to breast feed is a good idea, there's always going to be something that winter gets that he doesn't and vice versa and they both have to accept that. Chances are he's jealous of the time that breast feeding gives winter rather than the milk so maybe make sure that after winter has been fed you spend some 'special' time with him. Would he understand if you explained winter can only have milk and he's very lucky to be able to have anything he likes (and then give him his favourite?) Good luck anyway, i can only imagine how tricky it is x

The other side is that they both need to learn to share surely....:shrug:

I'd feed him but it's up to you. ;)

Benn asks me all the time so ive bought him a doll and he "feeds" his doll whilst i cuddle him and read him a book or something. We are having jealousy issues with him at the moment but now ive given him a job (he loves jobs) he hasnt asked me.

I agree with Mari72... the new baby is likely making him jealous and unfortunately children that age can sometimes regress to baby like behaviour when a new baby comes... Someone on her awhile back posted about their 3 year old beginning to wet their pants and the bed again after a new baby arrived.

There are up sides and down sides to having children close in age (im planning to have mine all close, so im not meaning to offend!!!).

As long as you are making sure your older child is getting plenty of positive attention, and like others suggested, keeping busy with jobs etc, he will likely forget about bfing soon. I think offering him something else that he likes when he asks and explaining that only he can have it and not winter might distract him too.

I had this from dylan when harry was born and i let him watch me express some milk into a cup for him to try it and when he did he pulled an awful face and said 'i not likes it mummys milk'...... hes not asked since then!!!!!

I had this from dylan when harry was born and i let him watch me express some milk into a cup for him to try it and when he did he pulled an awful face and said 'i not likes it mummys milk'...... hes not asked since then!!!!!

:lol:

Good tactic!!

It was like he had drunk cough medicine the face he pulled!!! :dohh:

Well my mom had 2 children close to gether my sister was breast feddin and my older sister was curious my mom let her but she uiclky lost intrest and sry spelling mistakes im holding kaidayn lol

I agree with Mari72... the new baby is likely making him jealous and unfortunately children that age can sometimes regress to baby like behaviour when a new baby comes... Someone on her awhile back posted about their 3 year old beginning to wet their pants and the bed again after a new baby arrived.

There are up sides and down sides to having children close in age (im planning to have mine all close, so im not meaning to offend!!!).

As long as you are making sure your older child is getting plenty of positive attention, and like others suggested, keeping busy with jobs etc, he will likely forget about bfing soon. I think offering him something else that he likes when he asks and explaining that only he can have it and not winter might distract him too.[/QUOTE]

hes so cute and likes to share his juice and often offers it to the baby, but when i tell him that winter is to little to have juice, its only for big boys like deacon he is very happy. so far hes not asked again, but i think that if/when he does, i am not going to let him, just casually distract him and spend some special time with him after ive been bf.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->