Toddlerwearing?? Lol

pinkbow

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
:haha:

Is this a stupid question as i saw a woman today wearing what looked like her 2 year old on her back? Now i used to wear my LO when younger was fab for the BF but can you get slings and such for toddlers?

My LO is 16 months old about at last weigh in around 24lbs? Id love to wear him again as hes really hating the pram and i love going for walks but its sometimes hard with a pram im stuck tp pavements lol

I wear our almost 30lber in a Boba. It's rated up to 45lbs and we mostly just do back carries now but occasionally I still wear her on my front. There are a few others that are also rated for higher weighs like the Ergo. hth :)

A Mei tai is good for front and back, and affordable, funky slings is a good stockist of them. I have a moby wrap but it's hard to do a back carry on ur own, but it's really comfy for a front sleep, my 1 yr old loves his (only got it a couple months ago -had a close sling b4 that) hth x

my 9 month old is heavier than your toddler hun and i still wear him, mostly on my back though lol

Some mei tais/buckle carriers seem to be big enough to just use a standard size depending on the size of the toddler, but you can also get toddler sized ones if you find he doesn't have support going from knee pit to knee pit, think it depends how long their legs are really :)

Wrap-wise, my LO is only 9 months/19lb but apparently linen/linen blends are very supportive for heavier ones :)

I carry my 30lb 2 and a half year old on my back in an Ergo sometimes.

Thanks everyone, im so chuffed you can get them then :happydance:

I've had a lookie on google and there are sooo many im confusing myself lol, and a lot in $$?

Could anyone maybe show a few links from where you bought yours, please?

My LO is quite small and doesnt have long legs, he is only just going into 12month clothes lol bless him so hes not heavy to carry but on the hip after a while is :haha:

Do you know what type you're after? [Mei Tai, buckle carrier, wrap etc?]

No really hun lol sorry not much help, i'm not sure whats best tbh

Harry is 1 and 21lb and i wear him almost all the time, and Charlie is 2.5 and 26lb and he gets worn by daddy and some times me depends how im feeling! i like them in the connecta or the patapum, i like harry in the connecta and charlie in the patapum though, also just to add iv just orderd a woven wrap to carry them in, it will more likely be used for harry because charlie is only really worn by daddy he walks every where with me!

Hmmm have you had a look on Natural Mamas? There's loads of info there...someone asked recently about a cheap MT for a 1yr old, if you look around on there you'll be able to see loads of others, there are photo galleries as well :)

Thank you I'll have a look at that hun, and ones mentioned.... ooo i'm excited LOL

OH would like to back carry LO too, as he likes hill walking so thanks Zara :)

Im seeing the addiction, another thing to add to my list... all the pretty colours!!! :haha:

Yeah, I justify it by saying it's an addiction with a pretty short life span, so I may as well go crazy now! ;)

Ooo thanks for that... will come in handy im sure lol!!

heya, i have a moby wrap and a mei tai for my baby (due tomorrow! hehe) and by the looks of this thread would it be possible to carry my son in the mei tai???? he is 28lbs! sorry if it sounds daft, just never occured to me before :flower:

heya, i have a moby wrap and a mei tai for my baby (due tomorrow! hehe) and by the looks of this thread would it be possible to carry my son in the mei tai???? he is 28lbs! sorry if it sounds daft, just never occured to me before :flower:

yep it would be 100% possible you could even wrap baby on the front in the moby and have your toddler on your back in the mei tai! thats what i plan to do :)

omg I'm so excited lol! when ds was a baby we boguht a stupid sling thing from mothercare and it was rubbish and we both hated it and then he got bigger and i thought that was that! xxx

i had a baby bjorn with charlie and i used it alot but it hurt my sholders! i still used it with harry at first and then i found the other types now im a total sling addict!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->