Together we're strong & ready to try again

@ Mel, that's a good attitude. I like your style !

@ Bumblebee, hi Hun, I had 1 af after mc before bfp. MC at the beginning of August. Af came on the 8th of September . Around 6 weeks later. I honestly didn't think it was going to happen which adds to why I'm nervous about it. I just hope for a strong lil baba. I can't say if it played any part but I was taking Pregnacare conception since mc. I also stated taking flaxseed daily as I read it can reduce chances of mc.

Kel x

Thanks for the lovely welcome everyone. @ 3Minions - yup we are trying, figured out why not, if my body isn't ready for another pregnancy it won't happen yet. Based on the test I was ovulating two weeks after D&C...based on that AF should arrive by the end of this coming week. It would be great to see a BFP but I'm not going to count on it..

if nothing else, I will be a bit disappointed but still relieved to see AF, at least I can start a new cycle and start counting from there :) Love the positivity in this thread.

As a sidenote, it's CDN Thanksgiving this weekend and I was with my husband's family yesterday. Hubby's cousin was there with her 9 month old, who was being a bit cranky... aunt turns to me and says 'Bet you can't wait until it's your turn!' trying to be funny. She doesn't know about the MC as we didn't tell extended family, crap that really hit hard and I had to step away for a few minutes to compose myself. So happy to have found a great support network here :)

Oh and @mel28nicole, best of luck to you! We are pretty much cycle buddies, I had my D&C on Sept 20th and ovulated two weeks after that, so I'm counting Sept 20th as CD 1 based on that. Maybe we'll both get our BFPs this coming week! :) Fingers crossed for you!

I hope so! I kinda think I'm out because I think we DTD too late. But who knows! I was 2 weeks late with my first positive!

Yeah I definitely don't want to get too excited or too hopeful, just knowing the stats of conceiving on any given cycle.. but it's nice to hold on to some hope. Especially as it's the first cycle after D&C I realize AF may be a bit off.. it's going to be hard for me to decide when to test if it seems she's late. Day 28 would be this coming Thursday/Friday, so maybe the week after I will test if AF's been a no-show

Seething in my head is telling me to try to test Wednesday lol. If it's bfn and it doesn't come Friday I'll wait til Sunday to try again. I'm on te fence on this one because I feel like I am but then I feel like I'm not pregnant lol. So confusing

Hi ladies

Hope you dont mind me joining you. I have recently had my second miscarriage. The first one will be 4 yrs ago on 28th this month. I then felll pregnant with my daughter 6 months later. Imogen wil be 3 at end of January.

Wasnt actually tring to fall pregnant this time. I Was on BC as hubby didnt want anymore. However, despite me being devastated about the miscarriage hubby is now up for having a second baby so i guess that is a small silver lining.

Anyway I had a scan on 20/09/13 as i was getting pain so they wanted to rule out ectopic. Sac was in right pace but i was only measuring 5 weeks when i though i was about 7. They booked me another scan for 12 days later just in case my dates were wrong due to the BC. However i started bleeding on the 22/09 and when i went for my follow up scan i had miscarried naturally.

I bleed for exactly a week and was told i would probably waot between 2-6 weeks for first AF well today is 2 weeks and 2 days since i stopped bleeding from miscarriage and AF has arrived.

I thought i would be disappointed as we have been trying this month however i am pleased to get first AF out of the way and now i know my body is ready. I havenot been using opk's or anything but am going ot order some as soon as i get off here!!!!!

Really hoping we all get out BFP's in time for christmas xxxxxxxx

Just ordered my opk'S!!!!!! Can anyone advise me when in my cysle i should start using them? I am on CD1 xxxx

Hi ladies,

I hope I can join you? My last MC was just over a year ago - we've had three in total, two MMCs and one "full". The last one was on my birthday - I was waiting for a D&C but miscarried naturally while waiting for an appointment. Never been in so much pain, physically or emotionally.

This time round though I am Prepared. I am rattling - rattling I tell you - with Metformin, Thyroxine, Omega 3s, folic acid, baby aspirin... Pounding the cross-trainer three times a week, no caffiene, healthy eating (I am literally chewing on edamame beans as we speak :sick:)... If this baba is a sticky one it's going to pop out with a six-pack. And very shiny hair. :haha:

O is due on Tuesday, not doing sticks this month but perhaps will next month.

Espero xx

Welcome Smiler and Espero! thanks for sharing your stories, so sorry for your losses. I just joined this group as well and I am loving the support...hoping or BFPs for us all in the coming months. :)

Smiler, I know what you mean about being happy for AF...I'm scheduled to get my first one after my D&C this coming week (based on it appears I did ovulate 14 days after procedure and we were TTC) so I do have my fingers crossed maybe for a BFP, but if not, at least with AF's arrival I'll know it's the start of a new cycle and my body is getting back into the groove. :)

And Espero, I found out I was miscarrying on a Monday, D&C was done on a Friday, was a huge fear of mine to pass it naturally during the wait (I didn't think I could cope emotionally). I was fortunate as my body remained stubborn and Dr. took all the tissue out. So sorry to hear you had to experience that. Best of luck to both of you, all my love :)

Thanks honey :flower:

I would always recommend a D&C to anyone going through the hell of an MMC. Physically and psychologically.

The mistake I made last time was not pushing harder for a quick appointment. This sounds awful but I'm sure the NHS deliberately delay it and hope you'll go through it "naturally". :growlmad:

Going private this time, don't care if I bankrupt us both! :haha:

Espero x

Smiler, the OPKs should come with a little chart that tells you when to start testing based on the length of your cycles. Or you can use google :)

Hey everyone,
How is everyone doin?

I'm a bit out of sorts for the last few days, I feel like I need to get away, even for a few days, anywhere... I'm being a bit irrational I know, but I think I need to feel like I'm escaping somewhere!

Work is good, and DH is brilliant... I just feel we need to escape from the rat race and rebuid ourselves after the last couple of weeks!

I'm sure I'm making no sense at all, :wacko:

Also being in limbo doesn't help, I'm cd14 today and did my first ever OPK (attached), there is a line, but definitely not dark enough, I usually don't O until cd20/21, with lots of EWCM, and it could be even later this month, my cycle after my first MC was 41 days!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2
Sofaqueen I totally understand where your coming from. I looked on my mmc as if someone was looking at our life as if it was going too well. We have a lovely house both have reasonable jobs, the baby wud have been one at our wedding so timing wise it cudnt have been better. Then BANG have a taste of this, welcome to the real world lady :cry:
I think something like this makes u re asses ur life no matter how good u may believed it may have been. I couldn't think of anything better at the minuet then gettin away from the rat race :coffee: xxxx

bumbleebee I feel much the same! Everything in perspective..life in general is/was great. It's been a heck of a few months though. I know what you mean about the sudden BANG and here's the real world! It was a few things at once for me. My childhood cat (I've had since I was 10, he stayed with my parents after I left the nest) who WAS NOT an outdoor cat but liked to sit on my parents' steps in the morning (never left the steps...too timid).. was freak attacked by a loose Huskey and killed. One week later I discovered my MMC. In the midst of this all we have been looking to buy a new house, after the last two events though, losing out on our first 2 bids seems like NOTHING in comparison!

Happy to say this past week we did successfully purchase a house, possession is Dec 1st, and I'm back into the positive swing of things. But yeah, sometimes life hits with a REALLY HARD dose of reality and terrible times... good wishes to all of us here :)

sofaqueen, I'm very much feeling in limbo too...first AF or BFP (not holding my breath though) since D&C should be coming this week, based on the positive ovulation tests 2 weeks after the procedure...but we'll see. Really hard to sit and wait right now!

Morning Ladies,

Welcome to the new positive energy. Very sorry for your loses but home the next few weeks and months brings new hope and BFP's.

I've heard that your super fertile after mc so go for it. It happened for me after first af and can happen for you.

I made my first appointment in early pregnancy unit. I will be 7+4. It will be two days before oh birthday. I was thinking of going to the app without saying anything, hoping hoping hoping to get a HB and little scan pic. Then putting the picture in his birthday card.
What do you's think?
I like the idea but I've never kept anything from him before. I don't know if he'll be upset that he didn't get to go to the scan. My reasoning is that he will get to go to the next scan which will prob be 2 weeks later.

Kel

Hey ladies!!!

Kel i love your idea .. my oh has always said he would love for me to just tell him in the morning before the scan. my problem is that i get really bad ms so i dont think i could hide it. last time i was able to hold off for about a week... it felt like an eternity!!

Afm... i am still waiting to stop bleeding.... sigh.. its been really light for about 5 days... i just wish it would stop..its been 11 days....my cycle is normaly light and only 3 days...so its driving me crazy :)

Hope everyone is doing okay :)

Kim

Kel are you based in the UK if so how did you make you first appointment in the early pregnancy unit.

I had a horrible time trying to register as pregnant when I first found out, the GP didn’t want to know, the midwives at my local hospital didn’t want to know it was a nightmare. Really bad way to start off & i don’t want the same thing to happen.

I too would really like to get an early scan or at least get registered in the right away... Ohhh & fab way to suprise ur HB.

I so hope I am like you and fall pregnant toward the end of this month with just 1AF since mc ekk, not getting my hopes up though just keeping positive ;)

Hi ladies

Kel glad you have got appt at epu. What date is it?

I had been feeling really positive this morning, first AF started yesterday then my opk's arrived this mornig. However i took my daughter out for a bit and when i got bck i had a letter from the hospital which i wasnt expecting. WHen i opened it it was an appointment for my 12 week scan :-(

It just completelty threw me as i never made it to my booking in appointment woth the community midwife and the scan appt isnt normally made til after that. HOwever i guess due to me being in hospital for other scans there must have been cross worries somewhere.

I had a good cry about it while Imogen was haing her nap and now i am trying to firget about it.

I am on CD 2 so trying to think positive about this month. I would love to have a bfp by christmas xxxx

Hi ladies

I had been feeling really positive this morning, first AF started yesterday then my opk's arrived this mornig. However i took my daughter out for a bit and when i got bck i had a letter from the hospital which i wasnt expecting. WHen i opened it it was an appointment for my 12 week scan :-(

I am on CD 2 so trying to think positive about this month. I would love to have a bfp by christmas xxxx

Oh honey, that's awful. :hugs: I wish they would be a bit more bloody careful with this kind of thing.

Wishing you ALL the luck for your Xmas BFP. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->