Together we're strong & ready to try again

My tests came today so I tested right away and got a negative lol. I think ill jut wait til Friday to see if AF shows. I'm kinda having an off day, keep forgetting a lot of things, I misplaced an important paper, and I think hubby's cars transmission is starting to go so I'm like stressing out real bad wah :(

Smiler, I'm sorry about the letter. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I got a call while I was waiting for my D&C for my gender ultrasound which was supposed to be the next week. It was, to quote DH, a big ol' kick in the junk. I don't understand why these people don't have their acts together.

Hi @bumblebee,
I'm in Ireland not the uk. I just phoned the epu, left a message on the machine and a lovely lady rang me back a couple of hours later. I wasn't sure what to expect so I was nearly gearing up for a fight. When I had mmc and attended epu, the doc told me to ring as soon as I find out I'm pregnant to arrange app.

You must find the response your getting so frustrating. What's wrong with those ppl. Have they forgotten that that is their job!
On last pregnancy I went to doc at 5.5 weeks. It's been 6 years since I had my daughter so I didn't know when to make app. When I got there the nurse was really nice but whatever way she was saying things made me feel embarrassed about only being 5.5 weeks. That's why I've by passed the doctors office this time.

What's your plan for next time around? Do you have somewhere u can go for private scan? I know you shouldn't have to but it might be best for reassurance. I went for private scan with mmc cos I couldn't wait 1.5 weeks to find out my faith. It was worth the €90.

How is everyone else keeping ?

@smiler, getting the letter must have been tough. Chin up though doll. A good cry is great for the foul sometimes. U need it every now and again. My appointment is on 31st.

@tam, congrats on new house.!!

@kel glad u got seen to so professionally,am sure it eases the pressure slightly when ppl r helpful. I haven't really got a plan other than the minuet i find out, walk in to my local midwife clinic(located at another GP sugary) & get registered for my first midwife appointment as. As well as try to get seen by my local epu. X

@smiler ohh how horrible MASSIVE hug.x.x.x
I know miscarriages are very common actually 1-4 women but you would think that they could be more sympathetic & a little more on top of things, like keep their records up to date. Honestly they haven't got a clue, first time I saw a midwife I said am nervous & she said u no what's coming that's why (meaning bloods). I said to her no I don't why would I, she said isn't it ur second baby????? Emm no this is my first. Then when I was in hospital I heard the doctor say hasn't she had twins before ??? It was such a shambles from the minuet I found out, it was always like it wasn't ment to be.

@mel fx for AF this weekend ur loaded up & ready to go now x

@tamz congratulations Hun, a BFP for u would be the icing on the cake ay x

Hi girls,

Haven't been on for a few days and I'm trying to catch up with it all. I see quite a few new people have joined our gang. Welcome to you all - it's good to have people in the same position to chat with. Wishing you all your rainbow babies and hoping we can go on that journey together.

Smiler and 3minions - horrible to get such unwanted reminders of what will never be. I've had two myself: the first was the arrival of my maternity NHS exemption certificate the day after I had my natural miscarriage. It says in small print on the back that if you suffer a miscarriage before 24 weeks, you don't qualify so please return the certificate. Thanks! The second was an awkward conversation last Friday with a mum from my son's school. I always show ridiculously early, so start getting questions from people about pregnancy really early on. It's hard to conceal when your belly is saying - hello, baby! I had confirmed it to a couple of mums, but word must have spread. This particular mum had obviously heard but didn't know I'd lost the baby, so started asking me if I was getting excited now I was through the first trimester. I had to tell her of course while keeping a neutral face, as I knew she would feel terrible and I didn't want to make it any worse. Really awkward. I just wish my pregnancies would be less obvious. At eight weeks this time, my tummy visibly popped out. We were visiting my in-laws in Ireland and they all knew immediately. I blame my rubbish stomach muscles. Bleurgh!

It's 3 weeks today since I had my actual miscarriage, but I haven't had the chance to take the pregnancy test yet. I want to do it first thing in the morning, but my DD and DS wake up at silly o'clock and jump into bed with me, so it's hard to take time out. I will do it tomorrow though. I think I probably ovulated last week - just a feeling that it was my mid-cycle buzzy time, though I didn't have as much EWCM as normal. We didn't try this month, as I want to wait till after my AF. I'm hoping it will come early next week. Fingers crossed...

Kel - that's a really lovely way to tell your fella about the baby. I have everything crossed for a really positive scan outcome. XXX

Bumblebee - hang on in there!

Mel - Hello! We might end up nearly in sync with our AFs, by the looks of things - fingers crossed that our BFPs will follow.

Minky XXX

Just wanted to add some :hugs: for Tamzing after a truly horrible time. Life has a habit of piling up nasty surprises all at one time. I'm so sorry about your recent losses. Your good luck must be coming, sweetie!

Sofaqueen - you're getting in the groove of testing with OPKs. Good on you! I hope you manage to pinpoint your key ovulation days. Good luck! :thumbup:

Minky XXX

Well another bfn for me today. Waiting for AF to come and pass to start fresh!! Good luck ladies!! Hopefully one of us will have a bfp this month :)

Who is still in the running for a bfp this month? I'm 2dpo but since I haven't had AF since the D&c I have no clue what's going to happen.

I'm still in the running! I may test again Thursday but I'm not sure yet. I only bought 7 tests and used one already so I don't wanna run out too soon!

One of my best friends from high school asked me to be a bridesmaid today! She's a bridesmaid in mine so I figured id be in hers but I've never been a bridesmaid before so I'm so excited!

Me! Still in the running...not holding my breath but AF should come by end of week based on ovulation test. Will be ecstatic if I got a BFP, but ok with AF too... at least I'll know my cycle and body is back to business! :)

Mine is June 7th and hers is July 19th! So close to each other lol

Morning ladies. How is everyone today?

Mel - my wedding anniversary is 7th June - we were married in 2008. Today is actually 14 yrs since i met my wonderful hubby - but we can do anything to celebrate as he is away for the night for work.

I am in Uk bumblebee and i have been told by the epu at my local hospital that as i have had two miscarriages now, as soon s i fall pregnant again then to give them a ring and they willl book me in for scans at 7 weeks and 10 weeks.

@smiler thanks for that, do you think they will do the same for me. I've only had one mmc? Hope never ever to have another xx

Well ladies AF got me this morning. Two days early. I figured it was coming since I had some light brown spotting last night

@mel whoop whoop :happydance: not to far behind me then Hun. We might O pretty close together too. What where ur normal cycle lengths mine came slightly sooner too 30-31 days & am normally 32-34 days

@amanda any news Hun I no me & u mc one day apart x

My cycles were always 26-28 days when I got off the depo shot. I used to get them every 21 days but birth control fixed that. My first AF post D&C was 27 days and this one was 26 so seems about normal again

Hi Ladies,

Do you mind if I join the conversation? My husband and I have just started to try again after a miscarriage one year ago. Afterwards we decided to hold off on our plans to expand our family due to circumstances (new house, career) but are now ready to try again. I have two children from a previous marriage, I am so blessed to have had healthy pregnancies I know. I guess that is what confused me the most, why did I miscarry. I thought maybe it was because my body could no longer hold a pregnancy, maybe it was from multiple c-sections. My doctor says no but I am just not convinced, we are trying again but I am so stressed about this happening again. I always considered myself lucky in the baby making department, I guess that's why I am still confused as to why it happened. My husband has no children of his own and is a wonderful partner/stepfather. I am trying to be positive and I know I am likely being neurotic but I am changing my lifestyle completely i.e. cutting back on caffeine, toning down my fitness regime and I just keep thinking, what if none of it works?

Sorry to ramble, the miscarriage I suffered was difficult because they originally had thought it might have been ectopic and I was in and out of emerg for two weeks having my hormones monitored. Seemed to drag on forever and I was so emotional for two months after the fact. Anyway, it almost feels better just to write it down. It amazes me how reading some of your stories/experiences has helped me feel like I am not alone in this.

N

Hi Natalie! Sorry to find you here.... I had 2 c-sections, then a vbac, then a m/c some time between 14 and 16 weeks. I had my d&c 4 weeks ago.. Stats online that I found say that 1/5 pregnancies end in m/c ( there are lots of stats, that's the one I like) so I figure that my m/c was my 1/5 and now I'm good to go. I feel very positive now. I hope you can find the same peace. Fx for a healthy pregnancy!

Thanks @3minions, I do feel better. I am just a worry wart and still pretty sensitive about the miscarriage. I hope you are able to get back in the baby making game soon, sorry for your loss as well. I really appreciate your response :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->