tommee tippee electric steam steriliser faults

Hi, ive had mine a few weeks too and the light started to go a few days ago and now has gone completely, is it actually safe to use whilst the light is not on? I've watched it and it seems to do the right amount of time for a full cycle.

Personally I would complain - at the end of the day you bought an electrical item which after a couple of weeks has broken/isn't functioning as it should and it is a known, common issue.
My first one was ok for a while when the light went out and then the cycles didn't stop until I switched it off at the socket.
That is seriously dangerous - it literally boiled the water away, scalded the grey bit in the bottom, smelt all burnt and took ages to get rid of the smell out of my bottles.
Don't mean to scare you but imagine if you left that doing a (never-ending) cycle and you went out.
It isn't worth it with electrics :wacko:

oh im glad i seen this i got it a few weeks ago im only 4 months pregnant but i will hang on2 my receipt thanx 4 posting this :)

arrrghhhh!!!
:growlmad::growlmad::growlmad::growlmad:
it has broken.... AGAIN!!!
the light works but it doesn't switch itself off, keeps on going!
got so hot that I couldn't touch the unit - not impressed at all.
I am going to demand the new model as a replacement or a refund and buy something else.
real pain as I have no milton so I am having to boil the bottles for now :wacko:

WOW i love this website!! thanks!! The light does not work on mine I cant really do anthting bout mine tho cos i got it off ebay but think its a bit wrong that a woman has knowingly sold me a faulty steriliser!!!
It gets hot and steams etc - is it definately safe?

WOW i love this website!! thanks!! The light does not work on mine I cant really do anthting bout mine tho cos i got it off ebay but think its a bit wrong that a woman has knowingly sold me a faulty steriliser!!!
It gets hot and steams etc - is it definately safe?

apparently as long as it runs the usual cycle it is ok...
BUT... mine keeps going which is very scary especially with electric involved :wacko:

Morning,
Well am very impressed with tomme tippee. I emailed them using the link that someone put on here. I got a reply 13 hours later saying even if i haven't got a receipt it has 12 month guarantee and to send it to their freepost address for either a full refund or a replacement!

So Thank you very much to the person who started this thread!!! xxx

no problem!!
wish I had more luck, phoned yesterday, the replacement they sent as my above post just keeps on cooking and wont switch off (very dangerous - red hot, water burns away etc...) and she was SO unhelpful.
she wanted BOTH to be sent back (expecting me to lug them up to PO to send off) to test for faults - apparently it is very rare for them to be faulty, I said try oogling it or check out reviews on amazon... it is a major issue.
didn't seem to understand that it not switching off was a problem, hello? electrics?
and that I as well as many other new mums were left minus a steriliser whilst it was sorted.
I asked why if there are common issues are they not all recalled like a car would be? electrics and steam and overheating doesn't sound too good and yet it is happening.
She is refusing to replace it unless I send them both back for testing which can take 7-10 days.
7-10 days minus a steriliser.
I told her to forget it, I was disgusted that they can sell poor quality products and I will go and buy an Avent one.
I said TT is SUPPOSED to be a trusted and respected brand and I wont be buying anything from them again and I will let other people know what I think too (which I guess I have on here)!
Assholes x

Hi
I wonder if you can help me. I have one of your sterilisers and the light
has stopped working. Please could you tell me if it is still safe to use to
sterilise my sons bottles as i have been told that the cycle make have been
affected? I am a first time mum so would appreciate any advice.
Thanks in advance
Louise

Hi Louise

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your steriliser and sorry to hear of the problems you are having with this.

You can certainly return it direct to us if you no longer have the receipt, as it does have a 12 month guarantee. We can then either refund the item, if you need to purchase a new one today, or we can replace this, which will mean being without one for a couple of days, unless you have another method you can use in the meantime.

When you return the item to the freepost address below, please include a covering letter with your full name, address, when and where it was purchased and whether you would prefer a refund or replacement so e can get this organised for you as soon as it arrived.

Many thanks

I'm sorry you seem to be having problems with them hun, i was really impressed with them!! No mention of 7-10 days to me!! Yours sounds really dangerous!! I can afford to be without one for a few days as i BF so only really use it for my pump etc... I will be taking mine to the post office today so will let you know if and when i get replacement. And yeah watchdog....someone should really. I was so shocked when i saw this thread and like you say, a company as big as tommee tippee should have resolved the issue long before all us mums have started having problems xxx

I emailed them as the light has stopped working on mine and they said to send it back but I haven't got the box. Can I just put it in a cardboard box or do you think they're expecting original packaging?

I emailed them as the light has stopped working on mine and they said to send it back but I haven't got the box. Can I just put it in a cardboard box or do you think they're expecting original packaging?

I put the first one i sent back in a random carboard box, and they sent me a new one whicj i am having major issues with, ?I am so cross!!:growlmad:

I have had 2 TT sterilisers, both of which were faulty.
The first was an older model which just wouldn't run a cycle at all.
My one just now, the light around the button stopped working on day 2.
Will be returning this one too. :growlmad:

I put the first one i sent back in a random carboard box, and they sent me a new one whicj i am having major issues with, ?I am so cross!!:growlmad:

Thank you, I think after reading everything on here I'll probably ask for a refund and either get a microwave one if i can find one small enough to fit in mine or just an own brand electric.

Hi just wanted to let you all know, i sent my sterilser back on Tues afternoon, no receipt and wrapped up in newspaper cos dont have the box lol. i receieved a brand new one on Thurs afternoon. Very impressed with their customer service!

Hi all, what a hassle you have all had with your sterilisers. It sounds to me like TT are trying to brush some of you off with excuses, especially the lady who was told it was her own fault for not descaling regularly. I got my TT electric steriliser at the beginning of the year and have used it daily, everyday, since my LO was born on March 7th. And I have never descaled it, although I probably should, as we live in a very hard water area.
The onus is on the company for sending out faulty goods, because if mine has lasted this long, so should everybody elses.

no problem!!
wish I had more luck, phoned yesterday, the replacement they sent as my above post just keeps on cooking and wont switch off (very dangerous - red hot, water burns away etc...) and she was SO unhelpful.
she wanted BOTH to be sent back (expecting me to lug them up to PO to send off) to test for faults - apparently it is very rare for them to be faulty, I said try oogling it or check out reviews on amazon... it is a major issue.
didn't seem to understand that it not switching off was a problem, hello? electrics?
and that I as well as many other new mums were left minus a steriliser whilst it was sorted.
I asked why if there are common issues are they not all recalled like a car would be? electrics and steam and overheating doesn't sound too good and yet it is happening.
She is refusing to replace it unless I send them both back for testing which can take 7-10 days.
7-10 days minus a steriliser.
I told her to forget it, I was disgusted that they can sell poor quality products and I will go and buy an Avent one.
I said TT is SUPPOSED to be a trusted and respected brand and I wont be buying anything from them again and I will let other people know what I think too (which I guess I have on here)!
Assholes x

If you sent it back, in the meantime you could use Milton fluid, or just put the bottles in a pan of boiled water to sterilise them?

Just seen this thread, my light stopped working after 2 wks too but as I got it when I was 6months pregnant I didn't think I could get a replacement. Will try now as I think it's terrible it stopped working so soon after using it. I've been using mine and so far haven't had any problems but if I can get the faulty one replaced I will be x

i have just found this thread through google! I have the same problem as everyone else on here seems to have had! I was about to go buy a new one as i dont have the receipt either but i have now emailed them to see what they say!!:thumbup:

thought i may as well bump this thread in case anyone else has had the same prob x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->