tommee tippee electric steam steriliser faults

ouchwithNo.2

Reaction score
Hello Mum's
I have a TT Electric stem sterliser, been happily using for just over two weeks and y'day the light packed up on the front.
So, was not sure if the steriliser had done it's full cycle.
Anyway, read manual, no mention or phone number so I googled it.
Looks like a common fault.
Googled TT website and phoned them up, lady who answered said straight away do I have receipt, I said no as I bought it when I was about 6mths pregnant. She said no problem, I will send a replacement tonight in the post, you will have it by Thursday.
She advised NOT to use it as the full cycle is not always completed so I will be using the Milton for now.
Just thought I would post just in case it happens to anyone else and you are worried about a repair/replacement and you don't have a receipt.
It must be well known to them to offer a complete new unit FOC.
Now back to the dark ages of stinky milton..... :wacko:

OMG why didn't I complain before. The light on mine went after 2 weeks and I still use it and never complained as I too hadn't got the receipt.
Do you think they'll still swap mine?

I would def think so. She was very helpful, lady who answered phone, just said..wonder if you can help me..will post tel no. Tomorrow.

I posted about this a couple of weeks ago. I went through 2 in 10 weeks, useless thing. Took mine back to Boots and got a refund with the second one, sticking to milton now.

OMG, I've been through two. We had our first one bought for us by my friend and the light stopped working after about a month so we went and bought another one from Asda, this was on offer for £15 and after about a week with this one the light stopped working too. We didnt keep the receipt though :dohh: I still use it, I just leave them in there for about 1/2 hour so I know that they are definatly done.

I phoned TT customer service and they are posting me out a new one! It was a bad batch apparantly. They have asked that I post the old one back and have given me a code for the free postage :thumbup:

I phoned TT customer service and they are posting me out a new one! It was a bad batch apparantly. They have asked that I post the old one back and have given me a code for the free postage :thumbup:

Hi Carrie

My TT steriliser light has just gone this morning - am just curious, did TT send you a new one out?

I've tried to ring their customer services and I've left a message for them to call me..

Should I continue using my steriliser until I get a replacement or not? I don't have a backup and don't particularly want to spend out on another one if TT are happy to send a replacement.

Thanks

Posterpots

My tt steriliser is just over a year old and the light has broken on it, its a shame as I wanted to use it for the next one, but don't think i'll bother now. Don't suppose tt will want anything to do with it as its over a year old :(

Hi Carrie

My TT steriliser light has just gone this morning - am just curious, did TT send you a new one out?

I've tried to ring their customer services and I've left a message for them to call me..

Should I continue using my steriliser until I get a replacement or not? I don't have a backup and don't particularly want to spend out on another one if TT are happy to send a replacement.

Thanks

Posterpots

Hi there,

Yeah, they sent me out one about 3 days later. They were really good about it. The lady said they were from a bad batch but my new one has been working perfectly, the new ones were extensivly tested. They were lovely, just asked me to post the old one back and gave me a code for free postage! They are safe to use, just stand in the kitchen if possible for the 5 minutes so you can hear it click to let you know the cycle is over!

Same happened to me, the light went off but then it started to work again.

the light went on mine as well after 2 weeks !!!!
i had my poor hubby changing the fuse in the plug and everything thinking it was that !... but now.. all of a sudden.. the light has came back on ! hmmm !
if only i stuck to avent like the last time !

happened to me too! After 3 weeks! But i had lost the reciept so didnt contact tt. But it started working again after a few days. I have however sent bottles back because the numbers were embossed on the bottle rather than printed and i couldnt see them! I didnt have the reciept for those either, i should of realised i could do it with my steriliser too! Xxx

im soo glad i saw this thread,mine has packed in aswell,its not working its not the light its the unit stopped sterilising.
So i have just contacted them and they said the model i have got they dont make any more but the nice helpful lady told me to send it back today and they will send me a new model straight back to me.
So thank you for this thread,so im now having to use my other steriliser for the time being (which wont fit in my new microwave) but at least my twins are gonna have nice clean bottles when the newone arrives :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Same problem here I will run cust sev thanks for that!

Omg! I was just going to start a thread saying exactly the same thing! Think the cycle is working ok though as I hear a click at the end, but I have to press the button a couple of times before I can be sure it's going. Hmmm might ring them Monday. Will still kerp using it as it is getting hot and churning out lots of steam.

well i sent mine back thursday afternoon and delivery man just turned up and delivered a brand spanking new one the newest model wow i am so chuffed:happydance::happydance:

back to sterilising this way instead of cold water sterilising that was hard considering we have twins,so a big thank you to the person who started this thread

and remember if you dont ask you dont get and im glad i asked :) xxxxx

well i sent mine back thursday afternoon and delivery man just turned up and delivered a brand spanking new one the newest model wow i am so chuffed:happydance::happydance:

back to sterilising this way instead of cold water sterilising that was hard considering we have twins,so a big thank you to the person who started this thread

and remember if you dont ask you dont get and im glad i asked :) xxxxx

:hugs:
No problem!
Glad to see it still helps.
I am on my third now!!!
I will hunt them down if it goes wrong..... :flower:

Yep mine went the same way! I thought I'd done something wrong to break it :dohh:

Will be contacting them in the morning - thanks for this thread! :flower:

hey mine did this and tt sent me out a new base unit! It was a while ago, now my mum has it cos I no longer sterilise so hopefully it will keep working cos she uses it for when my nephew stays with her

Its happend to me for ages, My steraliser still happily steralises bottles. They said they would send me a replacement but that would mean sending my steraliser i have now back and its not worth it just for a broken bulb. I know it steralises properly and Id be left with no steraliser and in a town where no shop sells Milton! Lol so i just let mine do its work without the bulb x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->