Tommee Tippee Electric warmer

Discussion in 'Formula Feeding' started by chocojen, Jun 6, 2011.

1. chocojen

chocojen Well-Known Member

Anyone have one?
    I have been given a second hand one by my SIL but with no instructions. It has 3 settings on it 1 2 and 3, are these for diffferent temperatures or for different speeds of warming???? Will it turn off automatically once it is warm enough????

Sorry if I sound stupid!

2. justarascal

justarascal Mum of 1 monster

I can't help I'm afraid (hopefully someone will be able to), from what I've heard of bottle warmers though is they take too long when you have a screaming baby!

I think most ladies either heat in a jub of boiling water or microwave (bad ladies ;)). My LO will take his milk anything from fridge cold to warmed which saves a lot of time, and usually I just shove in the microwave just for 20-30seconds to take the chill off.

3. Tulip

Tulip Ruby <i>, Dils, Rowan

IIRC they're different temps - setting 3 quickly reaches boiling temp! It will then click on and off to maintain the water at that temp. A bottle left in number 3 for more than one re-boil will quickly get too hot for baby to drink but the lower settings are too slow if you have a hungry bubba. Oh yeah, don't forget to put water in it - my hubby didn't and wondered why it wasn't heating :haha:

D was never that fussed about milk temp and had it straight out of the fridge from about 3 months :)

4. nicole_

nicole_ Aidy's Mummy

hey i have it :)
    im sure you can get the instructions online but basically
    the 1 2 and 3 are how hot it is, but for all our bottles we put it in at 3 and leave it for 4 minuites exactly.
    you have to time it as the light only switches on and off to show its heating or its at ideal temperature. so when you switch it on, you wait for the light to go off to know its hot enough then it just switches on again to show its heating back up to maintain temperature :)

5. Charliemarina

Charliemarina expecting #4

6. chocojen

thanks everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

7. slf2010

slf2010 Well-Known Member

Hi
    I use them (have twins)- To be honest I just leave them permanently on number 3 and just keep checking the bottles, then turn them off at the plug! I have found them really helpfull x

8. Nessicle

Nessicle Well-Known Member

I've got one found it rubbish tbh microwave was far easier lol xx

9. Charliemarina

microwave is defo the fastest i only use my warmer at night time it saves getting out of bed x

10. jenfen

jenfen Well-Known Member

microwave is quicker but if anyone is bottle feeding breast milk then the microwave can destroy some of the nutrients. Its fine for formula tho. I use the tt electric warmer at night to save going downstairs with a crying baby. Jx

11. Charliemarina

iv heard this too, when i was breastfeeding/expressing i always used hot water or the warmer :thumbup:

12. chocojen

thanks ladies....
    when you use it at night w]how do you keep the water cool before the feed is needed?
    x

13. Whisper

Whisper Mummy to DD & DS

Same here i use the bottle warmer at night time I leave the next sterile water in it at the no.1 setting so when LO is ready for bottle the water is the right temp and i just add the formula.

14. Charliemarina

i have my warmer on my window sil next to my bed and i keep 2 bottles of cool boiled water and 2 powder dispensers with scoops in next to the warmer, when she wakes for her feed turn on the warmer to number 3 (if the warmer is switched to number 0 then the water in the warmer will be cold) so i put it on number 3 and stick the bottle of water in to heat whilst i change her nappy, by time im done the boiled water is warm and ready for me to put the formula powder in, once bottle is done i then turn warmer back to 0 and it turns off and goes cold again, hope this helps hunny xx

15. princesspie

princesspie Well-Known Member

I've got one I love it

16. mummykins

mummykins Charlotte Poppys mummy

I used to use it but kept forgetting to inplug. The damn thing, the amount of time. It boiled dry ...