Too Old to Be a Mum? Tonight Special~ITV1

KellyC75

Mum of 4 <3
Reaction score

Anyone going to be watching this ~ I am! :coffee:

Too Old to Be a Mum? Tonight Special

ITV1 ~ Thursday 26th May on ITV1 from 7:30pm to 8:00pm

Madonna, Emma Thompson and Cherie Blair all had babies in their forties - and it seems to be catching on. The number of women having babies in their forties doubled in the last decade, but fertility experts warn that choosing career first and starting a family second is a gamble and may put the health of both mother and baby at risk. Presented by Jonathan Maitland.

i'm not bothered by ages woman arehaving children at,long as their happy and looked after all that matters,and if their at a really old age someone else is there to look after the child when their gone and they know they were loved by their mum.

On tonight :thumbup: Being 35 (& a half!:blush:) this is of interest to me

I notice they have had one of the couples on breakfast tv this morning :coffee:

I think it all depends on the person/health and the child, some kids will grow up to be independet some will always need/want guidance and support from their parents, I think having a child over 60 is asking for trouble, they'll be 70 when the child is 10 how will they be able to adjust to a childs needs? no matter how healthy they are nature still takes its course, they'll be 30 with a 90 year old parent worried maybe even rushed into doing things so that their mum is still alive to see them, they might not have kids themselves until into their 30's and their parents might never get to experience any of it, everyone makes their own opinions and choices but for me over 60 is too old.

I watched it, very interesting I thought. I found it odd some of the 'career women' who just didn't seem fussed about kids, said they might want them in the future but not yet. I can't imagine being indifferent to having kids, I MUST have more in the future!! :lol: I would feel incomplete if I didn't. Each to their own of course. But I'd definitely feel time was ticking from after like 30-35. I find it really sad as well some of them who "left it too late" and then could never have kids :(

just watched it on ITV player.

really interesting and quite shocking actually.

i always knew that older mums had more risks and could find it harder to get pregnant etc but i didnt realize that biologically speaking, old was 35+!!!

the really shocking bit was the stats on babies with chromosomal abnormalities for older mums and the difference to them in their 20's. a real eye opener for me

a friend of mine said she wouldnt have any children past 35, i found it odd.

I personally wouldnt want to start having children in my 40s but thats just my opioion and what I would do, not what anyone else should or could do. i mean some people dont meet their partner until then.

For me, all being well, I will have had my first when I was 25, will have my second and third when im 27 and wait. Its probably us done but who knows what 5 years will bring. if it so happens ill go past 35 i wont stress.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->