Too soon for Maternity Pictures??

MamaByrd

Cautiously pregnant with #2
Reaction score
OH and I currently live in Texas, but I'm from San Diego. We're going on our babymoon there in September. I know a lot of photographers out there and would love to take beachside maternity pictures, but I'll only be about 22 weeks gone and right now I'm almost 17 and I'm still pretty small. Do you think this is too early to do maternity pictures?

I'm sure if you wear a belly-hugging top or dress it should be fine, but maybe you would want to do a half set of photos at 22 weeks on the beach, and a half set further along in the country in Texas? That would be beautiful! Good luck!

It depends on your bump. At 22 weeks, I wasn't showing with normal clothes and even with belly hugging things, I only had a teeny tiny bump that would not have made a good maternity photo. Like others suggested, maybe get some done at the beach (beach pictures are so pretty!) and then get some more when your in 3rd tri.

As a photographer we suggest 30 weeks give or take depending on how you feel and look. But if you are showing and want to do it now then do it. No issues at all, just remember it is going to be centred around a bump, so if there is none it might seem ... Unnatural. But they can always do more of a romantic relationship shoot as well. Those are beautiful.

Good luck!

Id say its a little too early personally, but I guess its entirely up to you! :)

I was hardly showing at 22 weeks, we did mine at 33-34 weeks I think. But you could just do a couples shoot or something instead.

You guys are so helpful! I don't think they're going to technically be maternity pics, but we're going to do a couples shoot & use the pictures to FINALLY announce on social media :haha: then I'll do a real maternity one at 30+ weeks. Thanks!!

I did mine at 31 weeks and barely had a bump, my SIL asked what the photos were for, I was a little horrified. I'm sure you'll show more around 30 something-ish weeks but maybe see if you can find a dress that accentuates your bump if you want to do beach photos. You could even take shots in the store just to get an idea of how the bump would look in the dress. Gl with whatever you decide!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->