Too young/old/thin/fat/rich/poor!

MummyJo

Mummy to 2 girls!
Reaction score
Has anyone else found that since having LO you're judged so much more?

I've had all sorts of silly comments mainly about my age and people assuming I'm single because of my age (and even if I were SO? I tell you now I wouldn't cope doing this alone, single parents should be given medals not judged!)

The worst comments me and OH have ever got though were when my eldest was in her hip spica (it's like the plaster cast you get for a broken leg /arm etcetera but it went from under her arms all the way down to her toes to correct a hip problem she had :( ) I'd been playing around the day before and fallen off the bed landing on the wash basket and bruised my chest and was out with LO in her hip spica.. someone actually came up to me and OH and said to me (infront of him) that I "don't need to take it" and should "get out before it gets worse".
A cab driver on another occasion said to my OH "So what did you do to her?" OH said What do you mean? and he replied "Nothing I just figured you'd had some sort of uh accident with her". I know it did all look quite bad but seriously WTF who says these sorts of things?

So what do you get judged for and have you ever had any comments made?

Geez, those people weren't exactly backwards in coming forwards were they?!

I know what you mean about being judged. I fell pregnant whilst doing my teacher training and good lord, you'd think I'd murdered someone the way some teachers treated me. The students were lovely but some of the teachers!! Told one of the teachers I worked with regulary and he looked at me as if to say 'oh..I'm sorry' - like someone had died!

Now I've had Emma I just think.........you know what, I did bloody well to complete my training and qualify (I finished on the Friday, and was induced on the Sunday) - if I was the irresponsible person I was made to feel like (I honestly felt like I'd done something wrong most of the time) - I wouldn't have bothered completing it - it wasn't easy!!

Oh dear, what's wrong with people? When I announced to friends that I was pregnant, a friend of a friend said incredulously 'whatever made you decide to keep it?' unbelievable.

well i am a single parent and i still live with mum n dad and the amout of people that judge me?! i just wanna turn round n point out everthing that is 'wrong' with them...asif being a single parent isn't hard enough i have to deal with your stupid comments

soem people are just horrid and don't know when to shut the hell up

From the onset of being pregnant I got the same poeple would ask me was I "sure" I wanted this baby (abortion is illegal in Ireland so really there is no choice and I am against that) They treated me like I was stupid. I am 28 in a relationship and have a big enough house for kids but instantly I became a thicko to them.

Now I get stupid things still being said to me about me breastfeeding and how I have done it for to long, poeple argue with me about me not feeding my child junk food and making me out ot be in the wrong. I havnt actually had a minutes peace from anyone but my child since he was born. Some call it advice but when they sit there and tell me something outragious i am sick of saying I will not do and then judge me for not doing it?? I am judged for not christening my child yet no one says anytihng about us not being married becase they would have to pay for it. My child is judged for not being any religion at all.
I get told I will have to put up with a monster child like other poeples kid who vandelise the place when they just let them do it and that came along with the question was I sure I wanted this child to.

I dont know what happens to people when you get pregnant they turn into assholes.

I try so hard to avoid *noticing* when people are passing judgment. I know it's happening sometimes, but I just try to ignore it and only focus on the people who are smiling and being kind.
It seemed to have worked, as I can't remember any random people being mean to me during my pregnancy. Family, on the other hand...whole different story.

My Aunt kept joking about how I was going to always hand my child to my parents because I don't even like kids and won't be able to handle it (WTH? Where'd she get that idea?)
My cousin asked me who's last name the baby would take. (HIS FATHERS. Actually, both of ours, hyphenated, but WHY ASK?!)
My grandmother came over for a 6 week visit, and didn't mention my 7 month old baby bump at all. I literally pointed at it and said "look" and she made a fake "aww" sound and then kept it moving.
Since baby's been born, another aunt came over with her daughter and they asked me how it was to be a mom now and laughed, mean-spirited-ly (I don't know if that's a word...)
Woman down the block gave me a 1/2 assed congratulations on having the baby, then proceeded to say "No more, though, right?" I told her "Not yet" and walked away.
Same woman saw me in an icecream shop, asking for a cherry on top of my sundae, and says "You don't need to mess with them cherries. that's how you got in trouble in the first place." I said "how so?" She says "getting your cherry popped." OMFG?!!
And it seems like everyone who finds out Im exclusively BFing gets this really shocked look on their face. My pediatrician even went so far as to ask me 3 times "ONLY breastfeeding??" and said that people my age (21) don't usually do that. ???

That's all. Most people are really nice. I pray it stays that way...because if someone comes out their face with some type of nonsense, I'm not gonna tolerate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->