Torn between TTC and Preventing this Month!

gardenofedens

Mommy to Abigail&Aidan
Reaction score
OH and I are getting married in 36 days (6/25). :happydance: We've been off birth control (Mirena IUD) since 3/4/11 and I'm on CD5 of my 3rd cycle since removal. We went all out trying in cycle 1 with lots of timed :sex: and then NTNP in cycle 2 completely missing ovulation. We've talked about using condoms this month to prevent pregnancy this cycle so that we could start trying on our wedding night/honeymoon and if we did get our BFP this month, so that I'm not in what I would assume is the peak of morning sickness at the wedding (I'd be about 6 weeks pregnant counting from LMP) but at the same, time, I really do want to be pregnant!

Reasons to Prevent in Cycle 3
* No morning sickness at wedding/honeymoon
* No risk of not fitting dress due to bloating
* Can continue going to the tanning salon
* No added stress of TTC (though I haven't found it stressful at all)
* If my cycle stays regular this month (I range from 29-33 days), I should be due to ovulate a few days after our wedding so it would be prime baby-making time on our wedding night and honeymoon.

Reasons to TTC/NTNP in Cycle 3
* I really, really, realllllly want to be pregnant!
* Not "wasting" a month of my cycle and several eggs by not trying
* As much as I hope to have a baby girl first, I'd *love* a February boy

I don't know what I'm forgetting but I don't know what to do! :shrug: OH is all for trying but says it's completely up to me because it's my body and understands why it may be best to wait. But now I'm really having second thoughts about waiting again.....ugh!

What would you do? :wacko:

I say keep trying as well as long as your totally comfortable with possibly being pregnant soon:) Theres a small percentage to get pregnant every month so keep up the practicing!!! ALWAYS FUN!

I say go for it!! Even if you're 6 weeks pregnant, you may feel completely fine, a lot of women have no sickness during pregnancy, including myself, and I think it would be so awesome to get a BFP weeks before your wedding, how exciting would that be!??!! Also, if your tanning salon offers the spray on tan, you can do that, it's safe during pregnancy :D

Id just NTNP and see what happens. Leave it up to fate!

I wouldn't fully TTC if I was you as your wedding and honeymoon are very special and a once im a lifetime thing! I don't know if you would have any morning sickness but i understand your concerns if u did.

Just go with the flow and see what cums!!! hahaha! x

I love leaving things up to Fate - she's easy to blame. :haha:

Personal belief but wait until you get married. Besides nothings more fun then trying to "make a baby" on your honeymoon lol

id wait - you never know how your body will react to pregnancy, extreme sickness on the morning of your wedding and bloating will be a bit yucky.

xx

I would advise to wait but that is because I did not and was pregnant (but had not thought to test) on my wedding and spent all day throwing up and with the first pregnancy I was not as sick as I thought at the time when comparing to when I had my son. If you get very bad "morning" sickness you will genuinely struggle to get through the day. Also, if like me you get really bad bloating then you will not fit your dress at all (my bloating was bigger than I was by the beginning of the third trimester). Yes, you may not get any sickness or bloating but there is that chance you will and it would ruin the day. Also, I do not wish this upon anyone but there is the chance of a M/C (unfortunately they are very common, I have had 2 MMC's and everyone I know who has kids expect my MIL and GMIL has had at least one) and I personally would not want to risk it falling on that day. I really do not want to sound negative but I am just giving my take on it based on the experience of 2 MMC's and one full pregnancy.

As for wanting to be pregnant NOW I understand but once you are an extra month will seem like nothing. Plus, if it takes next month you will feel that it is the right baby at the right time when your LO is born. Good luck what ever you do. :flower:

If I was in your situation personally I would wait till after the wedding and then start trying again.

It would be awful if you couldn't fit your dress due to bloating or had morning sickness and if you get fatigue with a pregnancy it will make the day a struggle when it should be joyous.

And just think maybe you'll get a honeymoon baby :thumbup:

this is kinda the same position as us
we are getting married on the 6th August which is 10 weeks tomorrow :-D
we originally decided i would stop my bcp after the wedding and ttc then but that has now changed and I am coming off my bcp next week at the end of my pack (unless i can find something that says its ok to stop a week early!)
Now starting to think about the whole morning sickness at the wedding and someone on here said something about skin and hair going oily and things like that!!
I still REALLY want to start ttc next week!! I want this soooooo badly!!

I honestly dont think we will wait until the wedding!
I cant wait so after talking about it we decided next week is DEFINITELY the week to start trying and what will be will be :-D xx

I would say probably more sensible to wait until after the wedding at this stage. That being said, we are supposed to be preventing this month and so far we haven't been. So it's easier said than done!

definitely easier said than done....we had agreed to wait out this month, even went so far as to say that we wouldn't even have sex all month so it would be that much more special on our wedding night. well, yea, that didn't happen. neither did pulling out, or using condoms. oops. i'm in my fertile period this weekend and well, let's just say we've had more :sex: this weekend than we have in a LONG time...lol.

so we'll just wait it out and see. i'm not going to test - or at least i say that now - but that's the plan. lol

That's what ntnp is all about... I think I'd just do what comes naturally.

Ps... Don't expect too much nookie on your wedding night! We tried but were both so tired we gave up

Yea, our friends got married a couple weeks ago and experienced the same thing. I don't think I'll get off that easy though, lol! My FH is raring to go any time, any place and is definitely expecting some action on our wedding night. Plus if we didn't catch this cycle, I'll be in my fertile period again so we'll certainly at least try! We're getting married on the 25th and I'd be due to ovulate again on the 27th if my cycle stays regular (not always the case though!).

I'm currently 9DPO and starting to feel "out" this month. I had been feeling pretty hopeful and was going to test tomorrow but I think I'm going to pass...depends on what my temp is tomorrow. Up and I'll test, down and I'll pass...

That's what ntnp is all about... I think I'd just do what comes naturally.

Ps... Don't expect too much nookie on your wedding night! We tried but were both so tired we gave up

Same here. :haha: You're just so exhausted from the day, running around and the highs and the crying... it takes a lot out of you, much more than you realize! DH and I got back to our room and just looked at each other and said "Snuggles tonight?" :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->