Totally irrelevant but feeling shite...

what a torrid time for you!

I am a Recruitment Consultant and I know of some of the facts involving processes of removing someone from the business.

Even though at-will employers may terminate employees for any reason – or for no reason at all – terminations are easier to defend when they are justified by a legitimate business reason. Legitimate business reasons could include problems, misconduct, a reorganization resulting in elimination of the employee’s position, or financial considerations.

So generally the majority of reputable companies out there follow standard procedures to terminate employment.

The following is the generally accepted procedure: it is absolutely right as mentioned on here that they would give you a verbal warning (usually followed by a letter to you to confirm that you have received a verbal) warning and then 2 written warnings, again made official by letters which you would have received copies of and they keep copies of for your personal file.

As a manager myself I have to follow the following to avoid legal action by any employee I decided should be terminated.

Step 1: Put it in writing
You must write down what the employee has done that may result in their dismissal or disciplinary action and send a copy to the employee.

Step 2: Meet and discuss
You must invite the employee to a meeting at a reasonable time and place in order to discuss the matter. The employee is entitled to be accompanied by a colleague or trade union representative if they choose. Following the meeting, you must tell the employee what you have decided and offer your employee the right to appeal against your decision.

Step 3 Appeal
If the employee wants to appeal, they must tell you. You must then invite the employee to a further meeting to hear the appeal. Where possible a more senior manager should attend this meeting. The employee is entitled to be accompanied by a colleague or trade union representative if they choose. After the meeting, give the employee your final decision.

Sorry it's long winded but hope it helps in some way!

Where was your job advertised?

If you want me to I can contact them stating I'd seen the advertisement and wanted to help them fill it to see if I could get the reason out of them! let me know, would be happy to help, you do not need this stress!

Natalie xx

and if you can prove they were doing it based on thefact that your trying for a baby, you've got them by the short and curleys!

Thanks Nat.

Never have I received a written warning. I have received a lighthearted verbal warning never followed in writing. We got a global email regarding internet use on August 20th saying that those found to be fucking around on the internet during work hours would face internal disciplinary action. Since then the most I have done is sent a couple of emails a day from my yahoo account whilst everyone else went for a fag (They have about six fag breaks a day - I have none!)

Today, the girl next to me spent 1 hour exactly looking at skateboard videos on the internet. If they sack me or warn me for that I can just point to her. If they do it to one they have to do it to all, no?

The last occasion I accidentally said something stupid in front of a client was about a month ago. I received no written warning. To this day I have not received any other than the global email.

Also - how on earth can you be criticised for not being particularly interested in your job? As long as you do the work, whats the problem? Incidentally, my work is so mind numbingly boring I would have to be an idiot to show interest in it.

As for having to be told three times about certain things, that's a complete lie. If I was such a slow learner why was I taken on immediately after only temping for 1 day?

The woman from the agency where I saw my job advertised called today. I cannot believe they are being so underhanded.

And today, the office manager was just rambly and chatty with me. I dont know how she can be so two faced!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->