Totally random... do you see your friends often?

I don't have anyone I see on a regular basis really, none are properly local. So I try and keep in touch with online chat and so forth, that does help!

If your friend does move maybe you could have a regular skype chat or something? :flower:

I'm the opposite to u I'm about to move away only 2 hours away but still far enough to not meet up with my friends on a regular basis I'm really scared and it upsets me I hate the thought of not being near family or friends anymore but it's the best option for our family and my partners dream job.
I don't make friends easily and it's taken me 3 year to have proper friends who I'm close to that have children that we can hang out with on a regular basis. My best friend doesn't have kids and lives 20mins away I see her once a month I just really dread not having any friends :-(

I have no friends, tbh. I have one who lives 45 minutes away from me (we met on BnB) but our schedules are crazy. My friends list has more friends from BnB than IRL. It's lonely sometimes.

I haven't really made any 'friends' on here. There are a lot of women who I recognise and get along with but I can't imagine myself meeting up with someone I met online...I dunno why, it'd probably be a good idea! lol.

Thanks for all the input ladies- I can imagine it will be tough if she does move (that's a big IF obviously)- and of course I want her to be happy. There is no replacing her... but maybe I should think about opening myself up more to meeting new woman? It's just tough. Like a lot of you have said- our lives are so busy, it's not like I can meet other woman easily. I mean, meeting is one thing, but actually finding time to get together and form a new friendship is a whole other ball of wax!!!!

Having kids does make it harder. Me and my best friend drifted a lot when I had LO at first. She was at work during the week when I was free then obviously when we'd usually have nights out I couldn't because I was in with the baby. However she fell pregnant when my son was 12 months and since her lo has been born we see lots of each other in the week and do a lot of baby related things together. We definitely got much closer again. We hardly ever go on a night out together though, it's way harder when you BOTH have to sort babysitters for the same night!

I don't see much of my non-mum friends anymore though. Most of them are still at university until September. I have two friends at universities miles away who always arrange to see me when they are home for holidays so we meet up every few months. Although I am hoping I will see then more frequently when they graduate in a few months. There are a few girls I used to be really close to who I literally never see now and haven't seen for a couple of years!

I have 2 friends that I see every 2-4 months, but rarely text or talk to, another who I never see anymore but talk to once or twice a month via text.

I have a few online friends but again don't talk to them often.

I do get very lonely, but I suck at social interaction so it's probably for the best lol

My best friend lives about 20 miles away, we speak almost daily on the phone and see each other maybe every couple of months, I have a friend that I go out to the park/lunch with the kids but other then that I don't have anyone else apart from my mum and OH who I class as best friends anyway.

I hope your friend doesn't move, if she does you will work it out :flower:

I see mine often, having my LO hasn't changed anything for me much yet but it'll be harder when I'm back at work and have less time. actually if anything becoming a mum has improved my social life even more - I've got back in touch with a couple of people that I hadn't seen for a while, I've become better friends with mums I was already friends with because we've got more in common now and I have all my new mum friends that I've met during pregnancy/motherhood! like I said though, this may all change come sept when I'm back at uni and then jan when I'm back at work because I'll be wanting to spend what little free time I have with my family! hope I can get some kind of balance though.

I have a few friends in another city that I see so rarely these days, can't actually remember the last time I saw them - probably last summer!
I have one friend here who I usually see once a week at poker, and recently made a new friend who I'm hoping to also see once a week.

Tbh I have alot of friends I still see. My problem is there very busy with work and expect me to just be free to see them whenever they fancy popping over. Tends to be 7 at night when im trying to wind lo down for the night.
I tell them nights arent great for us but its kind of like they think what else would I be doing
(none of them have kids) weekends there drinking or going out for lunch, but too busy to go an hours walk as they want a lie in.

In all honesty I find life easier just meeting people every now and then as I find it stressful people coming over at night

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->