Toy storage solutions?

Bevziibubble

Reaction score
I really need something neat and tidy in the living room time store all the toys in so that they're still easily accessible. We have toys and books overflowing everywhere!

What do you use?

I love the ikea expedit (I think that's how you spell it) that holds the storage baskets but I'm not sure if they hide the boys enough for you in a living room. We also have a massive wicker basket with a lid from dunelm mill in both the living room and the kids bedroom where their bigger toys go

I love the ikea expedit (I think that's how you spell it) that holds the storage baskets but I'm not sure if they hide the boys enough for you in a living room. We also have a massive wicker basket with a lid from dunelm mill in both the living room and the kids bedroom where their bigger toys go

We have this exact set up too! I really recommend the expedition/ Kallax think it's now called

We use cube storage units with the fabric bins. (similar to what Marmaduke uses in her playroom)

Ikea kallax units with fabric boxes, like some of the other ladies. They look good, are reasonably priced, sturdy and holds LOTS of toys.

Ikea Kallax here too. I like all the different combinations you can do to suit what storage you need. We have in the playroom and both the boys bedrooms in various colours/storage combinations

we have the kallax units too from ikea. I like that you can't see inside so it's hidden anything that doesnt fit has to live in their rooms

I have the same unit as everyone else. I have some without boxes in them where the books go, like a bookcase.

The kallax units look great. I am trying to decide whether to go for a 2 tier or a 4 tier one. A 3 tier one would be ideal but it doesn't look like they do those!

I'm looking at the kallax too, but oh isn't too keen. He says he is worried about lo pulling it over on top of him. I said we could fix it to the wall and he moaned about big holes in the wall! Can anyone tell me what the likely hood of this is? Have you attached yours to Wall etc?

I think they sell things to attach it to the wall.
We have things attached to the wall now after my LO pulled a heavy radiator cabinet down on herself at 18 months.

Do they leave big holes in the wall?
Oh just wants to buy a chest type thing but I hate the idea of all the toys being bunged in together.

They leave a bit of a hole in the wall as most are drilled in.

I don't think pulling it over is likely. The main risk is on things with attached drawers or doors as they provide leverage. The larger surface area on the base help. They are pretty heavy (we have the 2x4 ones displayed lengthwise, I wouldn't trust th upright)

We have wooden storage cubes from vertbaudet in the living room.
In their bedrooms I have flexi tubs which are rectangle and a large fabric storage box for dressing up and their trainset. Can get those in Amazon.

I need something for all the playdoh, they got 8 sets from various family members!

ohh these units sound amazing !. I really want a trip to Ikea get new decorative bits for the house.

We have fabric storage boxes in the girls room which are over flowing and a few toys downstairs. Some will be going in the loft when all the Christmas decorations go up.!

Bev - they do sell ones exactly the same in B&Q we have a 3 x 3 one in the play room currently and looking at getting some more :thumbup:

I just got this for our living room. It's the argos version of kallax (because I am not paying ikea £35 for delivery). It's good but I could do with another :haha:

https://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy267/sequeena1/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-12-28%2014.32.07.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->