Toy storage solutions?

That looks great. Wow, ikea delivery is so expensive!

It's ridiculous and I live about 50 miles from our nearest one :dohh:

We live nearby one but not sure if it would all fit in the car!

5x5 expedit unit with fabric drona boxes in our colour scheme in dining room, we have only a few toys on show on the shelf (the higher up ones have our books on) I hate toys in the living room, the mess stresses me out. They have Expedit units in their bedrooms too.

Yeah it is, Kallax is newer and looks ever so slightly different (just the widths of the outer bits are the same, Expedit has one side thicker) but it looks fine if you have a mix of them both, we got our 5x5 second hand from someone locally, thankfully they're really easy to disassemble and assemble so they're good when found second hand if you can;t get to IKEA. We just did an IKEA order online and paid the £35 delivery, I was fuming as I found out it came from a distribution centre about 10 miles down the road! It annoys me you have to "calculate" your delivery when it doesn;t matter how close you are it's still extortionate! But I just love their shelves so much, we have it in every room in our house except bathroom and kitchen! It's sturdy, modern, doesn;t look too cheap but is very reasonably priced and can hold so much. Because we move so often it's really useful for us.

We use the ikea Trofast. I love that it has drawers to keep everything neat and tidy. The drawers come in different sizes too so small drawers for puzzles and cars/trains etc and biggers drawers for tracks etc..

We are actually going down to ikea this weekend I believe to buy some of the bigger drawers for ds's tracks and another trofast unit for ds's room to put the little one from his room in baby girls room (and get her pink and white drawers)

I would def reccomend the trofast to anyone!!!

Just been to Ikea this morning. We have decided on a 4x4 Kallax but it doesn't fit in the car with us all in it, so DH is going to go back and get it.

We have this one from ikea , I have no idea what it's called, the boxes are huge

Attachments

• IMG_1571.jpg
    IMG_1571.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1
I just got this for our living room. It's the argos version of kallax (because I am not paying ikea £35 for delivery). It's good but I could do with another :haha:

https://i798.photobucket.com/albums/yy267/sequeena1/Mobile%20Uploads/2016-12-28%2014.32.07.jpg

We have the Walmart version, as Ikea charges $350 to ship anything large to me!

I like ours though, they are darker and thicker and look nice in the living room. But yes, cube thing (2x4, laid down 2 high) with cubes and baskets.

Got it! Built it all by myself and it's just great! We are going back tomorrow to buy another one we love it so much :haha:

Here it is all built. Going to put some more box inserts in tomorrow and looking forward to getting it all categorised :DarkOrchid

https://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o535/bevi86/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_20161229_180051_368.jpg

Ohhh I want new storage now. Now the tree has gone I have more space by the window, but the storage we have is fine but I love this Ikea stuff. My friend has it and I was eyeing hers up recently. DH will point blank refuse to buy any more storage for toys!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->