Train tables!

Status
Not open for further replies.

steele

Reaction score
I want to get my 2 year old a train table. I have seen the chad valley one on argos but it looks really small. Anyone got any recommendations?

The toys r us one is £125 I think (on sale half price apparently but it always is) and that looks fab. It's the only one I've seen that has everything DS would want without buying extra bits like an engine shed. At the moment he just has lots of track and a couple of cheap hand-me-down plastic bridges, so for xmas he'll be getting some buildings and fun bits either off us or his grandparents, but when I'm pricing everything up I think it'd be cheaper just to buy the table!

https://m.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/T...nd-Playsets/Mountain-Rock-Train-Table/0124360

We just bought a bigjigs one for my eldest's birthday. Has been a massive hit. We ordered from play merrily toys (have ordered three times from them now and they're fab). It is quite a big table but that's what I wanted as trains are all he plays with and I needed something to keep them off the floor away from the younger one who causes a lot of upset eating trains and pulling them apart! It was £80 and didn't come with track but they sell ones that do. We have loads of track already. They also sell ones with draws but a 4 litre plastic storage tub from tesco fits perfectly under ours so we didn't bother with draws. This is ours https://www.playmerrilytoys.co.uk/product/3068/wooden-railway-play-table very well built and sturdy. I'm sure it'll last for years. My friend has a kids clothes shop and has the same one so is obviously played with my a lot of kids and going strong. I found a discount code on the internet that reduced it to £80 so I'd have a look if you're ordering from them x

We have a big one from toys r us, my son's love it :)

We have the ELC train table and it is fab, the track that comes with it is good too. My DS uses it for all of his toys - cars, playmobil, lego etc. It is quite large but definitely the best thing we have bought him. We use to have the chad valley train set and table but it was far too small for both of my Lo's to play on at the same time and it got marked easily.

At 2 I made the mistake of not buying a table, I'd spotted a ELC trainset on sale and bought it. Last year 3 I got the tesco table.

Today I was about to put the trainset back together when I offered up the runway from the trainset for his planes toys. The planes then took over the whole table.

He's 3.5 I'm currently debating if extra junctions are worthwhile or not and should I get rid of the trees, and scenery stuff that just seems to create clutter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"