Transgender Child - Aged 4

C

Ceejay123

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepa...ughter-become-a-boy-at-the-brage-of-four.html

I just came across this story, and was astonished. My heart really goes out to this little one. x

I just read this like 10 minutes ago! I watched a TV show about it once too, must be awful for the child to feel like that, I think the parents are doing the right thing by following the child's lead and taking it slowly. Whether it's a phase or not I hope the child has a happy childhood.

I agree, at least they're letting them know they can always change back if they're unsure. X

I always wonder, how do they know?? Emma used to say she was a boy. And all her friends at nursery were boys, but in the last 8 months she has really gone girly and now her best friends are girls. She is also more aware of the physical differances between boys and girls.

Today she is wearing a hoodie and combats and with her hat on looks like a big ble eyed boy. But tomorrow as we are going to her friend, she will want to wear a dress.
She has clothes that match mine and clothes that means she can match OH.
The one thing that currently bothers me is she has started saying things like "Boys cant do X and girls cant do Y" Now, its things like play with dolls, or guns etc. SOMEONE is telling her this - and its not us!

Im not sure if at this age they really know for sure themselves what is what?

WOW.................. i think the parents are doing the right thing, even if it is just a phase surely going against the child will be more damaging iykwim ......if the child is happy thats the most important thing x

I think there are kids that really do know. It would be consistant for an extended period of time. I don't think any parent should do this without the support of doctors and therapists though.

Just me that finds this a little strange then?

I'm sorry but who the hell sits a 3yo down to read an anatomy book and shows her the vagina saying this is girl parts????

My 2 year old often tells me she has a willy and is a boy, but it doesn't mean anything other than she knows boys have willys and is pretending like most 2yo

And the shaving thing, Lana wuld copy that too, except she doesn't get in the bathroom alone

Sorry but I don't buy for a minute that they haven't encouraged that all the way.

Her parents already had one daughter and obviously wanted a son. What a pair of idiots.

i dont agree with that at all ^^^^^ (gem_x post)

Urgh, sorry i'm a bit ratty. I've just heard of this kind of story so often - the parents "we didn't encourage at all" - but they're more than happy sharing their story and numurous pictures with the Sun...

I think its a good thing what there doing for him bus honestly what 4 year old could make a decision like that? If that was me I don't think I would have turned her into a boy at such a young age, how do they no its not just a phase?? I don't think 4 years old is the right age to make a decision like that by all means they should acknowledge it and respect it but I just think they should have waited untill the child was older and see if she still felt the same .. and if that was my child I definetly wouldnt be putting her in a newspaper!! x

I don't think 4 is the right age to make that decision.
& i am curious about the physcological tests that diagnosed her with the disorder.
I think it should have been left until an age when hormones really kick in, to see if she still felt the same.
I find sharing the story with the paper grotesque and crass.

I agree about sharing the story with The Sun. I've seen a few documentaries about transgender children. All of them underwent therapy and the family worked together to come up with the best solution for their child. Articles like this just sensationalize something that should be private.

Either way at least it's not a hormonal or surgical change until the child's much older, for now it's simply name clothes and hair :) its nothing permanent if it is a phase x

And I agree it shouldn't really be in the news, as a personal matter. X

All the stories i have read by adults who are transgender say they knew from an early age.......... they are going with their child and i dont think thats a bad thing they have obvioulsy done their homework and consulted with professionals.......... angelina and brads daughter shiloh (i think) one of the kids anyway asks to be called a male name (cant remember what) and dress's in 'boys' clothes and has a 'boyish' hair style and i think myleene klass (?) daughter wants to be refered to as 'barry' ......... i think people under estimate young children they are far more aware than adults realise.

I dont think at that age children full understand what kinda of life-styles are right for them. I mean there are many options in life. From tom-boy to trans-gender to homosexual. The world is a wonderful place full of individual people. I feel like these parents have been to quick to put her into boxes.

My daughter likes spider-man, 'boys games', playing in the much and hitting things with sticks. She does not want to grow her hair and certainly wont wear skirts or dresses.

TIt does not mean I am going to start calling in Zack and so on. She has her whole life to find who she is within herself.

I feel like these parent have gone from forcing an overtly girly lifestyle on the child to forcing a overly boyish lifestyle on her. Like things have to be pink or blue. Well my favourite is purple! so there :p

I agree with Nibblenic, as much as I think it's great for parents to support their children's wishes and allow them to explore their own identity, it seems very black and white. At 4, children are really just experimenting and they should be allowed to do that without being forced into a particular identity. I also find it bizarre that any parent would want to share something like this with the papers, surely it should be a private matter.

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->