Transgender Child - Aged 4

yeah...i dont know. my sister grew up with all boys in our neighborhood and would say she wanted to be a boy. to the point where she wanted to shave her head and wouldn't wear dresses and would only wear boy bathing suits (no top, just boy bottoms) and thats just the start of it.
now she's 21 and shakes her head when we bring up that she used to want to be a boy. she most definitely identifies herself as a woman.

i know there are cases of young children knowing they're transgender, but i don't think they really grasp what the difference between a boy or girl is at 4 (other than the obvious clothes and toys). :shrug:

My only opinion is "what the hell business is it of ours?" Truly. It's no one's damn business. We don't get a say. Pay attention to yourself. I understand this family put it in the newspaper so that automatically gives people the idea that it is open for discussion, but EVERYTHING is in the damn news these days and I wish people would just keep their noses out of everyone's friggin' business.

It is people's business IMO when they put it in the paper with pictures for everyone to see.

Personally, I think this little child is too young to identify their gender. My brother who's nearly 30 used to love nothing more than wearing 'girly' clothes, playing with our cousins dolls/pushchairs & always picked 'girly' stuff (cups, comics, books etc) over 'boyish' stuff. My mum used to get comments that he would be gay or he was a girl born in a boys body, was he? Nope! He just liked things that he didn't typically have as a boy- he's most definately a man. I think all kids do it, I for one used to think boys toys were much more appealing that girls toys etc.

Not saying that everyone is like this, if she is infact transgender then I wish them all the luck with it! xxx

I guess no matter what I say people will read what they want. I said I know they put it in the paper, but every damn thing is in the paper these days! The gay pride parade is in the paper! That doesn't mean I get an opinion on someone else's sexual orientation.

Anyway, whatever.

They also did not craft him a penis of start injecting him with hormones at 4. Like another poster said, they gave him a haircut and bought him some new clothes. Big deal. If he changes his mind, they said they will just go back. He'll know by puberty. Then they can make REAL long lasting decisions in regards to it all. Even then it will STILL be no one's business what they do. Just because they talk about it doesn't mean everyone gets an opinion one way or another. They have done NO harm to the child, he's happy this way for now, and if he ever isn't there is no harm in "going back".

I don't even know why I get into this stuff.

Riley told me every day for a year that he was a girl and dressed up as a fairy at nursery......I think 4 is too young to make that sort of decision (I know it is only a haircut atm) as they are still learning the differences between girls and boys x

I guess no matter what I say people will read what they want. I said I know they put it in the paper, but every damn thing is in the paper these days! The gay pride parade is in the paper! That doesn't mean I get an opinion on someone else's sexual orientation.

Anyway, whatever.

They also did not craft him a penis of start injecting him with hormones at 4. Like another poster said, they gave him a haircut and bought him some new clothes. Big deal. If he changes his mind, they said they will just go back. He'll know by puberty. Then they can make REAL long lasting decisions in regards to it all. Even then it will STILL be no one's business what they do. Just because they talk about it doesn't mean everyone gets an opinion one way or another. They have done NO harm to the child, he's happy this way for now, and if he ever isn't there is no harm in "going back".

I don't even know why I get into this stuff.

I have my opinion, just like you have yours :)

Everybodies going to have an opinion, it's a somewhat controversial matter- we'll agree to disagree :flower:

They may not have crafted a penis for him and injected him full of hormones but at the same time, why have such drastic measures been taken to change this kid's gender - hair cut, name change, telling people in school etc. This isn't just as simple as a kid changing their dress sense, the parents have requested that people treat him definitively as a boy.

What happens if he does get to 16 and decide he wants to be a girl again instead? Will he appreciate the fact that his parents allowed him, at 4years of age, to make such a decision? IMO you can't simply allow your child to "try out" what it's like to be the opposite gender to such a degree, because they way they are treated will change, and that could affect them in the long run.

If the child still had these feelings at 16, when they were in a more rounded position to understand the consequences then I'd say fair enough, but IMO what child DOESN'T express that they wanna play with boys toys or girls toys at such a young age? It means nothing!

How could these psychologists tell at this age that this is what he would want later on? At four years of age I wanted to live in America and work in Disneyland - my parents didn't pack me off immediately, because there is still so much time for growth and change. I think nowadays there is too much fear of appearing to be prejudice, or stifling, and people don't tend to look at what's actually beneficial for fear of offending someone.

xo

Y'know Im obsessed with animals. From the age of 2-7 I would pretend i was a dog, barking, running on all fours the lot. Funnily enough im still human tho and my parents didnt seek out species reassignment.
They knew i would grow out of it and ignored it.

Kids are playing with boundaries constantly as they try and establish their place in the world so i dont think its fair to change the wee boys life around because he has decided he wants to be a girl today. What if he wants to be a cowboy tomorrow, are they going to relocate to a ranch in the US?

Y'know Im obsessed with animals. From the age of 2-7 I would pretend i was a dog, barking, running on all fours the lot. Funnily enough im still human tho and my parents didnt seek out species reassignment.
They knew i would grow out of it and ignored it.

Kids are playing with boundaries constantly as they try and establish their place in the world so i dont think its fair to change the wee boys life around because he has decided he wants to be a girl today. What if he wants to be a cowboy tomorrow, are they going to relocate to a ranch in the US?

:rofl: spat my toast out on my phone in laughter reading this, you owe me a new phone.

Anyhoo, each to their own and all that, but if I'm giving an opinion, I actually don't know what to say about it. Its shocking, definitely. As others have said, many kids go through a phase of wanting to behave like a girl/boy. At 4 years old, it just sounds a bit young to understand the depths of female and male differences?? I don't know the child, so hopefully the parents have seen something very extreme in their child to take this step. Regardless of anything I truly hope this child remains happy throughout their life and doesn't experience any prejudice xx

I dont think it can be compared to wanting to work at Disneyland nor pretending to be a dog. A job is not a fundamental part of you, and neither is being a dog.

I actually dont think they are drastic measures tbh, I know plenty of girls who hair that short and a tiny bit longer and hair grows, I know some children who changed their names. And IMO it would be wrong NOT to talk to the school about this, if a child needs support then a school should be doing that as much as the parents. This *could* affect them in the long run, but not doing this *could* too.

I think 4 is far too young to take a child's "wants" so seriously.she can have a short hair cut and wear boys clothes if thats what she wants but going as far as calling her transgender I think is over the top and premature.

My only opinion is "what the hell business is it of ours?" Truly. It's no one's damn business. We don't get a say. Pay attention to yourself. I understand this family put it in the newspaper so that automatically gives people the idea that it is open for discussion, but EVERYTHING is in the damn news these days and I wish people would just keep their noses out of everyone's friggin' business.
I agree, and this is why I won't read the article, and I generally don't read papers (tabloids) like that.

See I would feel that it was no ones business had the family not participated in the newspaper article.they have put it in public and therefor opened their parenting choices up for public debate.i feel sorry for the child having their private decisions made so public

He or she will be who they want to be regardless anyway. I dont know how I would react in this situation. But i cant imagine William who is 3.5 yeas old asking to be a girl, he wanted to be a dinosaur at one point to. So I dont think I would go as far as to transform sex, name and all. I think I would wait and see how he felt for a while longer. Explain these decisions dont happen over night. And as I said he will be who he wants to in the end anyway. I would support as best I could but I would also have to protect to.

I agree, and this is why I won't read the article, and I generally don't read papers (tabloids) like that.

I think it matters, and I think it is the business of others when there is serious potential to damage this child mentally

They put it in the papers because they crave the attention, they justify their actions because they are totally deluded, let's not forget this child will no doubt become bullied as he/she grows up. Im sorry but I still don't buy any of it, Toddlers are always pretending and doing role play, it doesn't mean you shape them into something they are not.

Personally I would do anything to make my child happy, if letting him wear dresses and growing his hair and wanting to be called Lucy made him happy then thats what I would do, I wouldnt call him transgender and nor would I shout it to the world but thats just because thats not the the sort of person I am.

Lucas (my DS) has very few male friends at school plays with the same group of girls he has since nursery whom often go to each others houses and he has often been dressed as a princess to match the girls, he also spent a year insisting everyone call him "Chuckie Gene"

Maybe he will want to be a girl, maybe he will want to be a drag queen called "Chuckie Gene" who knows but whatever he does he will be supported along the way :flower:

I think it matters, and I think it is the business of others when there is serious potential to damage this child mentally

They put it in the papers because they crave the attention, they justify their actions because they are totally deluded, let's not forget this child will no doubt become bullied as he/she grows up. Im sorry but I still don't buy any of it, Toddlers are always pretending and doing role play, it doesn't mean you shape them into something they are not.
By buying papers that print such articles (and write them with maybe only a grain of truth ) you support people who produce such papers and people who want to appear in such papers.
same with yellow press-- it exist because people buy it. I just shake my head when I see those gossip magazines taking photos and and making up stuff about them which doesnt even have a grain of truth..

By buying papers that print such articles (and write them with maybe only a grain of truth ) you support people who produce such papers and people who want to appear in such papers.
same with yellow press-- it exist because people buy it. I just shake my head when I see those gossip magazines taking photos and and making up stuff about them which doesnt even have a grain of truth..

I haven't bought a newspaper in about 5 years so I strongly disagree with your comment that I support any of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->