Transverse Mamas

well it seems a ECV is out for me (although i dont even know yet if my doc does it) i have a very anterior placenta.... So that mean this baby NEEDS to turn or we will be looking at csection. Is there anyone that isnt bothered by the thought of a csection? I really wouldnt be but it is really kinda bothering me?

ya know, normally I am super bothered by it (im the HB, crunch type) but oddly enough, if it comes down to having a baby remain sideways, i really am not bothered by [planned] CS at all (EMCS for this would bother me though bc i would feel like i have less control and i wouldn't have helped lined up w my kids and it could potentially mean DH missing the birth). Now if she were breech it would bother me and i would want to find someone that can assist a breech vaginal birth, but for transverse...i think it doesnt bother me so much bc i know there is absolultly no way for the baby to even remotly attempt to come out in that position.

The only thing that worries me with a CS is the recovery. This is because i have a 1 yr old and a 2 yr old and DH and i live a 10 hour drive (one way) from family and friends. I wont have any support and he can only take a limited number of days off and we cant afford childcare or hiring professional help. So im more worried about the 6 weeks post op than anything.

I think if this wasn't my third and i knew we were going to have more kids (this is for certain our last-DH is getting fixed this month), then i think i would be going totally balistic about a CS. It would be super upsetting to me bc i believe so heavily in the normal, natural birth process (when it can happen safetly, etc). And around here a lot of hospitals have de facto rules and most wont allow a VBAC. however, this doesn't bother me [now] since we are done having kids, but if we weren't i think it really would. But this time im not bothered, but as i said if she were breech i would be bothered and would want to try a VB.

As for ECV, im going to do all the natural stuff to get baby to turn, but if it doesn't happen ive decided against the ECV. My mommy instincts are telling me not to do it, for whatever reason, even though i know some ppl have had it done and it didn't bother the baby...something is just teling me not to do the ECV-if it comes down to that.

I had my 30[+2] week MW appt yesterday.

Baby is still transverse :dohh: (i figured as much). Was directed to wait until baby is head down to do the belly wrapping w the Rebozo. she is going to recheck positions in 2 weeks. ...i really hope baby turns between now and then. BC of laws, the HB MWs are dictated a lot, so at 32 weeks they "concerned" about a transverse....ugh. not sure what that means but hopefully not having to switch care...

My hospital offers a CS class every 4ish months. The next one is in a couple of weeks. If the baby is still transverse at that point, (i'll be about 33-34 weeks), then im going to attend that. If the baby moves after that, then great i just wasted an hour of my life (no big deal) but if she ends up remaining that way at least i can have more knowledge about the process, wrap my head around switching from HB to CS, and start to feel more positive about the experience.

Is anyone else doing this?

baby is still oblique today at 38+4 and im still booked in for a c-section next thur :( I was hoping she would turn by herself after trying everything else

Guppy, I hope your baby turns! Must be hard thinking of a possible CS when you have two other little ones to look after, at least with me this is my first so if I go down CS route then it's just the baby and me I have to looks after. Fingers crossed it turns for you! I just don't think mine will after being this way for so long, although I have always expected I would be over due so maybe there is still time......it will be interesting to see what the OB says at my scan on thurs
Xx

Sharnahw, best of luck with the CS! Did they try an ECV at all or did you just try natural methods?
Wonder what they did in the olden days when there was a transverse baby, I know they delivered breach all the time, my mom delivered breach twins! Not sure what happened with transverse ones tho!!?? Xx

Sharnahw, best of luck with the CS! Did they try an ECV at all or did you just try natural methods?
Wonder what they did in the olden days when there was a transverse baby, I know they delivered breach all the time, my mom delivered breach twins! Not sure what happened with transverse ones tho!!?? Xx

Thanks a lot hun!!! Yea I tried an ECV last week but didnt work :( Iv also tried moxi sticks, bouncing, spinning babies and anything else I can think of to avoid section but I think baby is just waaaayyy to comfy where she is,,, ah well i dont mind as much knowing I have tried everything, God help the people years ago that had to go through birthing OUCHY

well it seems a ECV is out for me (although i dont even know yet if my doc does it) i have a very anterior placenta.... So that mean this baby NEEDS to turn or we will be looking at csection. Is there anyone that isnt bothered by the thought of a csection? I really wouldnt be but it is really kinda bothering me?

Well to be honest a ECV bothers me more than a C section. They do C sections a lot with almost always no complications. I would rather have a vaginal birth but I am not scared of a c section.

Ohh... I didn't realise that a transverse baby was such a worry! LO was transverse at my 29 week appointment, and from the way he's kicking it seems he's still there! I'll find out at my 31 week appointment next week I guess. They didn't seem too bothered at the last appointment, but did stress: 'That's not a worry, at the moment' Hmm... I wonder if it'll be more of a worry now! Although, I wouldn't be too bothered by a planned C-section - as long as DH is around to help out!

my baby has now turned head down but is back to back im so uncomfortable right now, im going to start doing things to get him to turn around, i also thought i had spd but consultant tryed to dismiss it as just back pain but now baby is head down my pubic bone hurts and when i turn over in bed its clicking :(

hey ladies :D I have suspected that he was transverse for the last few weeks or so but just had it confirmed on Wednesday by doc and scan.

Not too worried, because I still know he has time to move. At the moment he is head to my right and bum to my left. So odd how I can tell that even when they hadn't confirmed it :D

my baby has now turned head down but is back to back im so uncomfortable right now, im going to start doing things to get him to turn around, i also thought i had spd but consultant tryed to dismiss it as just back pain but now baby is head down my pubic bone hurts and when i turn over in bed its clicking :(

Congrats and I am over 35 weeks and mine has just flipped to breech. His feet are down. So you still have plenty of time for him anyway so its good that he has already turned down.

Got my midwife appointment on Thursday so will be able to find out what position in transverse still. I have a feeling that baby is switching between transverse and breech or head down though.

I honestly can't even tell where bub is anymore, before it was very obvious even before the scan that he was transverse. But now I am feeling kicks EVERYWHERE and my belly shape and hardness is constantly changing. When do they start to feel your tummy to determine where bub is?

I am glad to see this thread. I felt rather alone. Mine is still transverse sort of breach position. The placenta is also anterior so I think thats stopping baby from turning and all they keep saying is the baby can still turn in the hospital and I have this feeling for a long time he wont turn as he cant. So I kinda feel worried about what could happen here.

I am not bothered about another c section I worry more they will make me go through labour and try and get baby out ass first which scares me for my babies safety more. I did read up on spinning babies and warned against the anterior placenta and that maybe a good reason for the baby not turning so I am not taking chances on that. I just want the safest way for my baby.

well from where im feeling kicks think baby has gone transverse again, im sure he'll move to head down tho wen he has less space

I'm pretty sure mine went head down last week. But she's back to transverse as of yesterday :dohh:

Hi ladies, had my 31 week appointment this morning - I felt a big couple of movements yesterday morning, then no more kicks in my side - so I had a hunch that he'd moved, and the midwife confirmed it today. Said he's head down, but probably with his back to me at the moment. Said he might keep moving for a while though - so it may not last!

Hi ladies, had my 31 week appointment this morning - I felt a big couple of movements yesterday morning, then no more kicks in my side - so I had a hunch that he'd moved, and the midwife confirmed it today. Said he's head down, but probably with his back to me at the moment. Said he might keep moving for a while though - so it may not last!

Hope he stays head down! You've got a good amount of time to get him out of the posterior position too. Typically, unless uve had a few kids, the baby stays head down once flipped (tho not always) but I think its a great sign he has gone vertical :dance:

Well..Mine is transverse again. I am 36 weeks and 2 days. Doctor said its not looking good for a vaginal birth but he has hopes he may still turn.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->