Transverse Mamas

31+1 weeks and babys head is still up. Since he has been in the same position for 16 weeks(!) I find it unlikely he will turn head down and I really really don't want a c section! It's pretty stressful I must say...

37 weeks today and had scan, baby is finally head down after being breech but mostly transverse since 20 weeks. I didn't feel any big movements or anything either. I've had some pressure in my ribs but just thought maybe she'd gone breech again. I'm still shocked since I was literally convinced she was staying put and had finally started to come to grips with my scheduled cs. Just wanted to share with everyone, there's still hope :flower:.

had a doc apointment yesterday and baby is transverse/breech if that make sense. Her head is to my right and her but is toward my left but her feet are kicking my cervix... uggg i know theres still time but how agrivating. haha

I have consultant tomorrow and know mine hasnt moved. And wont. So talking to be done.

37 weeks today and had scan, baby is finally head down after being breech but mostly transverse since 20 weeks. I didn't feel any big movements or anything either. I've had some pressure in my ribs but just thought maybe she'd gone breech again. I'm still shocked since I was literally convinced she was staying put and had finally started to come to grips with my scheduled cs. Just wanted to share with everyone, there's still hope :flower:.

glad to hear the good news :D So are you going to try have a vaginal birth now?

I have consultant tomorrow and know mine hasnt moved. And wont. So talking to be done.

oh no :( I hope bub gets moving for you.

I am pretty definite that bub is still transverse, but I know I still have time so I'm not too worried. Next appointment isn't until wednesday.

Well a couple of times in the last week she has gone head down (or so I suspect) but by the end if the day she is right back to transverse :roll: so now I've got an unstable lie which isn't a good outlook for a HB :( but still time I suppose. I just really hope she will actually stay head down soon by the thing is bc I have severe prolapse and split stomach muscles she has way too much room in there and can keep doing flips. So idk

Yay! That's great news hon!

glad to hear the good news :D So are you going to try have a vaginal birth now?

oh no :( I hope bub gets moving for you.

I am pretty definite that bub is still transverse, but I know I still have time so I'm not too worried. Next appointment isn't until wednesday.

Thank you! I've been hoping for a VBAC but everything seems so much more complicated now. I have GD so docs would like baby out by 39 weeks. Bc of my previous csection, they don't really want to take the chance with trying to induce me. So I hope I go into labor by myself in the next two weeks or I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

Well I am shocked in 2 weeks my baby has turned and the placenta has gone in to the right place. So all that movement was it then, I suspect last night was some also as I was first time kept awake by wiggling baby. And this is a big baby also.

Thank you! I've been hoping for a VBAC but everything seems so much more complicated now. I have GD so docs would like baby out by 39 weeks. Bc of my previous csection, they don't really want to take the chance with trying to induce me. So I hope I go into labor by myself in the next two weeks or I'm not sure what I'm going to do...

I am in a very similar situation. I want to have a VBAC and hoping it all works out but I am definitely keeping an open mind that I may not get one. I just hope nothing serious happens and I will regret trying to have a VBAC.
I've been told the same, 39 weeks and that they are very limited in what they can do to induce me. They did say that pretty much the only thing they could do is insert that balloon thing, can't remember what it's called and break my waters when I am dilated.
Really hope I make it to 37 weeks, bub is head down and I go into labour before 39 weeks so that I don't have to have a repeat section.

Well I am shocked in 2 weeks my baby has turned and the placenta has gone in to the right place. So all that movement was it then, I suspect last night was some also as I was first time kept awake by wiggling baby. And this is a big baby also.

glad to hear :D

I am in a very similar situation. I want to have a VBAC and hoping it all works out but I am definitely keeping an open mind that I may not get one. I just hope nothing serious happens and I will regret trying to have a VBAC.
I've been told the same, 39 weeks and that they are very limited in what they can do to induce me. They did say that pretty much the only thing they could do is insert that balloon thing, can't remember what it's called and break my waters when I am dilated.
Really hope I make it to 37 weeks, bub is head down and I go into labour before 39 weeks so that I don't have to have a repeat

It's just really frustrating! The repeat cs seems so much "easier" in a way but I had a terrible recovery the first time and like you would really love to have a VBAC. I have one doctor pushing cs, one pushing VBAC, and one right in the middle. I'm trying to keep an open mind too since I feel like right now it's a 50/50 shot either way. I'm afraid of regretting the VBAC too... that Ill try it and fail and have another cs anyway. It's such a tough decision to make with all the unknowns. Hopefully Ill be dilated by next week and will ask about a sweep or the Foley catheter. I just want this baby here safe.

Really hope I make it to 37 weeks, bub is head down and I go into labour before 39 weeks so that I don't have to have a repeat

It's just really frustrating! The repeat cs seems so much "easier" in a way but I had a terrible recovery the first time and like you would really love to have a VBAC. I have one doctor pushing cs, one pushing VBAC, and one right in the middle. I'm trying to keep an open mind too since I feel like right now it's a 50/50 shot either way. I'm afraid of regretting the VBAC too... that Ill try it and fail and have another cs anyway. It's such a tough decision to make with all the unknowns. Hopefully Ill be dilated by next week and will ask about a sweep or the Foley catheter. I just want this baby here safe.

Yep its pretty frustrating. Mine is transverse again and I am almost 37 weeks. I am just not sure how he is getting all this room to lay sideways. FTM so maybe I just to do not get how great of acrobats they are in there but I am really afraid he is going to stay transverse now.

Yep its pretty frustrating. Mine is transverse again and I am almost 37 weeks. I am just not sure how he is getting all this room to lay sideways. FTM so maybe I just to do not get how great of acrobats they are in there but I am really afraid he is going to stay transverse now.

I was wondering the same thing. With how big they are now it just didnt make sense to me that they could still even fit transverse. Don't give up hope yet though! I didn't feel any big movements to make me think she turned but at exactly 37 weeks she had. Hoping she will actually stay head down but who knows. I didnt even try any methods to turn her, I just figured it she was transverse and if she decided to stay that way that there had to be a reason why and I didnt want to interfere. I'm still shocked she's head down now after spending so much time transverse. I'm praying your little one will turn for you soon :flower:.

I was wondering the same thing. With how big they are now it just didnt make sense to me that they could still even fit transverse. Don't give up hope yet though! I didn't feel any big movements to make me think she turned but at exactly 37 weeks she had. Hoping she will actually stay head down but who knows. I didnt even try any methods to turn her, I just figured it she was transverse and if she decided to stay that way that there had to be a reason why and I didnt want to interfere. I'm still shocked she's head down now after spending so much time transverse. I'm praying your little one will turn for you soon :flower:.

Thanks

I'm joining you guys. I am 28 weeks with a transverse little girl. I know it seems kind of early to be worrying about it but I have an abnormal uterus and my doctor told told me in the beginning that if baby wasn't in position by 28 weeks that she probably won't change.
I started my pregnancy in Florida with doctors that I loved and who were very cautious with me and my potential pregnancy complications - but I have since moved to Massachusetts and my midwife here doesn't seem to understand my worries. She told me.not to worry about th position until I reach 37 weeks. I'm at risk for preterm labor and really might not even make it to 37 weeks so I'm a little irritated. I have an appointment with another midwife next week so maybe she will listen a little better.

I had my appointment, and baby had gone from being transverse at 29 weeks, to head down and 4/5th engaged at 31 weeks. Midwife doesn't expect baby to stay engaged as its my second but she does expect baby to stay head down

Hi ladies
doc came into me yesterday and explained that the reason Lily Rose was breech was because I have a malformed uterus and that instead of being round it is heart shaped, it explains why the ecv failed also as she was growing in one side if the womb only and there was no room for her to move, he explained that if I get pregnant again it will most likely end up another breech but will deffo be another ceaserean

my appointment isn't until wednesday, but I am pretty sure bub is still transverse. I can feel his head on my side and get hard kicks on the other.

Hi ladies
doc came into me yesterday and explained that the reason Lily Rose was breech was because I have a malformed uterus and that instead of being round it is heart shaped, it explains why the ecv failed also as she was growing in one side if the womb only and there was no room for her to move, he explained that if I get pregnant again it will most likely end up another breech but will deffo be another ceaserean

This is what I have, which is why I'm fairly certain that even tho I'm only 28 weeks she won't be turning positions. there are surgeries that can be done when you aren't pregnant that can help fix the problem depending on the exact shape of your uterus. There's also a thread on here for us girls with abnormal shaped uterus if you care to join :)

Going for my sonogram and weekly checkup to see if my little guy has turned yet. Please wish me luck. I am 37 weeks and 1 day today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->