Travel cots

Chel

Reaction score
I'm going to buy a travel cot on Saturday. I dont want to spend heaps of money, but I would like a good quality travel cot.

I'd love som guidance eithera brand recommendation, or just what to look for or look out for with travel cots - partiularly from those who've traveled with their cots, as I'm planning on taking Jasper interstate by plane in a fortnight, which is the purpose of the travel cot.

Also, how comfortable are the travel cots, I've felt a few and they really feel awfully hard on the LOs back... what brands have comfortable, but firm, bases/mattresses? Because I dont want to be tempted to add padding, as I'm quite SIDs paranoid.

I've got a Graco one - not sure if you can get them in Oz but I'd recommend it - my LO uses it for his daytime naps and doesn't have any problems - the matress is obviously thinner than his cotbed but seems comfortable enough.
Only downside is weight - especially if you want to fly with it - the graco one weighs about 10kg, its not the heaviest one out there but I think its the best compromise between comfort and weight. There are lighter ones out there - can you get to a local store and have a look at a few ?
HTH

I actually have one of these:

https://www.babyassistant.co.uk/acatalog/popup.jpg

Its a samsonite travel cot, and it folds up to the size of a dinner plate and is very very light as it's all fabric.

They do a larger version here:

https://www.icbaby.com/_product_images/samsonite_bubble_travel_cot.jpg

That looks really nice rafwife. Any idea to what age the big one can be used?

We have got a Jeep Campcot. Its fantastic and you can get a camp cot mattress for it. If you are worried about comfort, you just get the thicker mattress.

We have been away a few times and its SO easy to fold up and put in the bag and its light, but its also comfy as an every day cot (its the only one we have).

Apparently the first size is up to 6 months, and the second is up to 2 years. However they are pretty large so my one will no doubt be used longer.

Hi, ive got no much advice on travel cots-but i just want to say that we got ours off ebay for a great price. Maybe take a look on there? the previous owner had only used it once! was local too, so collected it for free.

keely.

we have the graco pack ' play (https://www.amazon.com/Graco-Playar...ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1235660557&sr=8-8) we got ours on ebay, don't remember how much it was but it was less then normal. Ebay is a good place t get them, even if it's used they are really durable, and you can get a new sheet for the mattress. It's not that heavy, and it's easy to set up/break down. The mattress is pretty thin, but it's not bad and I think most travel ones are thin; Kathryn will sleep just fine on it.

We got the Graco pack and play!

It looks like it'll be a cot that'll get a lot of use as a playpen as well! I cant wait for Jasper to sit up and start using the toys on the side!

Now I just need a mobile... any recommendations of mobiles that'll attach to a travel cot?

Graco for me.

Very easy to put up and can be used until LO is about 3. Very sturdy.

YOu can get ones witha basinette for when LO is smaller - so she doesnt need to sleep so low down, but then it's a bit more expensive.
The basic one is good if baby can get used to sleepign lwo down.

Let ehr get used to it in her own room before travelling with it maybe.

tescos have a graco cot on offer for £24 at the mo in their baby and toddler fair

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->