Travelling Survival Kit.....any ideas!?

sue_88

Reaction score
Hi All,
My sister is travelling to Tanzania next year as part of Uni for 4 weeks and for Christmas I am putting together a Tanzania Survival Kit for her.

So far I have:

Plasters
Paracetamol
Antiseptic Cream
Toothpaste
Bobbles
Travel Tissues
Hand Sanitiser
Mosquito Repellent
Bite/Sting Reliever
Travel Face Sun Lotion
Lipbalm SPF
Money Minder Keyring

It's going in a small vanity case and I've only got a little bit of room left but does anyone think there is anything else (small / travel size) I may have missed that I could include?! I think I may get a small torch keyring too.

When my sister was going away, albeit for 6 months, we put in a little bottle of patchouli oil as that's what my mum wears as a perfume. So it stopped her been so home sick. She said it was the best thing she took with her as such a comfort.

This is completely dependent on when and why she's going but we were packing for her building schools in blistering heat.
But on top of that:
Antihistamines
Anti bac wipes. Some places they ate and went to the toilets were questionable.
Water bottle strap. Goes round the neck of the bottle and can be worn on your wrist or sttatched to a back pack.
Tiny pair of binoculars. They saw some great things on safaris etc.
Sunglasses cord. As she was bending down a lot so stopped her dropping them every time they fell off her face
Basic sewing kit
Ear plugs as they were sharing tents a lot.

Oh ear plugs! Great thanks!!
Keep em coming :)

If she's doing outdoorsy stuff like hiking, get a Pack towel! Tidy little towel you can get in blacks/millets.

Sorry I should have said....she'll be working as a nurse in one of the hospitals. Not sure how much free time she will have but I don't think very much.

What about something like dry shampoo or a cooling spray like Body shop peppermint cooling foot spray. It makes you feel so fresh and cool if you just give it a quick spritz on your wrists.

When my friend went travelling I put a little bag together with eye mask, ear plugs, a st Christopher (patron saint of travel a traditional gift) key ring and a travel journal x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->