Trimester 9 & 3/4: For All of Us "In Between" Ladies

Im in Tennessee..its been miserable here this summer..this past week has been the coolest its been for a while and its in the high 80s..I cant wait for 70s and 60s and even 50s again..Im originally from NC so the temps are about the same..I would love to be somewhere that its in the 50s-70s 80% of the time and then a few weeks of cooler and a few weeks of hotter..but this whole..3 months of heat is killing me

Ha ha, well unfortunately being up north doesn't help us with the heat. The humidity has been brutal. I haven't been going outside. It cooled down up here for us too this week! I don't expect it to last, but it has been nice :) I am just not looking forward to the winter months of carting around a baby in below zero temps. So basically MN has a few weeks of nice weather in between...why do I live here again? :shrug:

I would much rather have a newborn in the winter here than in the summer but Im sure our winters are nothing like yours lol lol.. the humidity here is what makes it brutal too!! its like you go outside..it says its 84 or so..but it feels like its atleast 100 and clammy...ugh..hate it..my cousin lives in New Mexico which is of course dry heat and shes says its hot but its a whole different thing and not as bad as the humid heat..

Ms Jerome, I would so love to join your group, it sounds great and from having a child already, I know how lonely you can get when all you have around you is a baby/toddler to talk to, good conversations just dont happen!
MN....Lakes...nice Fall... I'm jealous, I miss my green country so much, here in the desert its all so bland, everything is tan and dusty!
anyway, I had a great day...after realizing today is our 12 year anniversary, mu mom called me and told me she had bought the stroller I so wanted...Now we ordered Indian food dinner with my hubby.Normally we go out for dinner and see a movie but since its Ramadan here, evrybody is on the roads and i dont need that!

Ha ha, I actually moved here from New Mexico about a year ago! The weather there was pretty much awesome. I loved the dry heat! We didn't even have AC in our house...just an evaporative cooler. Do do start to miss the green though so I know how you feel mama_t! Why can't I just find somewhere to live that's lush and green year round and mid 70's? ha ha

Oh Mama_T yay for your stroller..better post us pics when you get it...I cant eat indian food as Im allergic to spices..my ex fiance was indian too lol..weird..

I found a great site where you swap baby/kids clothes. You send in boxes of clothes you dont need any more (free shipping for you to send in boxes) and get credits for buying boxes of clothes in sizes you need..you can get a full box of gently used clothes for only like $16..that is pretty much the price you would pay for ONE new outfit at like Carters or Childrens Place and def cheaper than BabiesRUs lol..

Membership is completely free, so you only pay $15.95 for the boxes you pick to receive which are full of the clothes sizes and seasons and gender that you need. (10 of these empty flat rate boxes are sent to you when you sign up for you to fill with your no longer needed clothes and send in when you are ready. You NEVER pay to send boxes, only to receive.

if you are interested then just send me your email on here and I'll send you a referral link (I wont email you again after that) that will automatically put $10 in your account..and for every mommy friend that you refer that also signs up and picks a box/ or more...you'll also get $10 credited to your account so pass on the savings and cute clothes!!

oh and Happy Anniversary too!!! 12 years..thats great!!! we arent even on year 2 lol lol..

is this baby stuff swap including APO addresses? I seem to have a hard time finding online stores that are willing to ship to APO so I have most things mailed to either my parents in germany or my in-laws in the US and they send it to us! Haha, all very complicated. luckily, walmart, target and babies r us ships directly to us!
On another good note for today, my son finished his placement test for home school today too so hopefully we can get started on that soon too!

I found these stats on the site

THREDUP STATS
193,630 TOTAL MEMBERS
10,548 MILITARY MEMBERS
67,247 BOXES SWAPPED
18 APO/FPO COUNTRIES
125 MILI-MAMA RECRUITERS

So I would assume so, they have a special military family section ....

Oh Mama_T yay for your stroller..better post us pics when you get it...I cant eat indian food as Im allergic to spices..my ex fiance was indian too lol..weird..

I found a great site where you swap baby/kids clothes. You send in boxes of clothes you dont need any more (free shipping for you to send in boxes) and get credits for buying boxes of clothes in sizes you need..you can get a full box of gently used clothes for only like $16..that is pretty much the price you would pay for ONE new outfit at like Carters or Childrens Place and def cheaper than BabiesRUs lol..

Membership is completely free, so you only pay $15.95 for the boxes you pick to receive which are full of the clothes sizes and seasons and gender that you need. (10 of these empty flat rate boxes are sent to you when you sign up for you to fill with your no longer needed clothes and send in when you are ready. You NEVER pay to send boxes, only to receive.

if you are interested then just send me your email on here and I'll send you a referral link (I wont email you again after that) that will automatically put $10 in your account..and for every mommy friend that you refer that also signs up and picks a box/ or more...you'll also get $10 credited to your account so pass on the savings and cute clothes!!

that is such a fab idea, wish we had something like that over here! xx

Tanni & Mama_T...just found this on the site..not sure how I missed it earlier lol..

Can I use thredUP outside of the US?

Not at this time. We're working to make thredUP run as smoothly as possible in the US while looking at opportunities to bring thredUP to other countries. However, if you are a member of the US Armed Services we are working to ensure you can participate in thredUP from anywhere in the world if you receive mail at an APO or FPO address. If you want more information about military addresses on thredUP, shoot an e-mail to [email protected].

Mama_T you might want to check that out...if you do decide to join please let me know so I can email you my referral link and we'll both get a $10 credit

Thanks a lot for the info on it, ill check it out sometime, not sure when since right now im loaded with baby clothes :) but here is my stroller, im sooo excited i cant wait to get it!

Attachments

• show-image_800-11072622822137.jpg
    show-image_800-11072622822137.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 3
Great idea, Mrs Jerome, on starting your own baby group. I would never be brave enough to do that. But Im hoping to find a group in my area, so that I can make some friends. And I hear you on wanting to take the baby out on lovely walks in the Autumn/Fall. Im just hoping the weather here holds out long enough, because I wont be taking her out much when our terrible weather hits (wind, rain, snow, etc).

Lovely stroller Mama_T! Its great that you got it as a gift too. Happy 12th wedding anniversary! (we arent married yet, but we are engaged, and have been together 3 years)

Hope you all have a lovely weekend ;)
xx

well, the good stuff keeps on comin, just went and found the maxi cosi cabriofix for right around 77 bucks! brand new, was just marked down at the toys r us over here! i love it!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 0
Just got back from my appointment, everything is fine, no more protein in my urine and baby is growing perfectly! was even told that my C-section will most likely be around the 13th of October! I just hope she stays in there long enough, my braxton hicks are becoming very uncomfortable now!

congrats mama_t, hope thats set your mind at ease, oooh not long now for you then :) xx

Just got back from my appointment, everything is fine, no more protein in my urine and baby is growing perfectly! was even told that my C-section will most likely be around the 13th of October! I just hope she stays in there long enough, my braxton hicks are becoming very uncomfortable now!

I bet you'll be the first one of us to have LO!! I still dont think Ive had any BH? or maybe I have and I dont even know it lol..idk...

My son was born at 37 weeks and i was in the hospital from 34-36 weeks for pre-term labor with him so I'm really worried about the BH but everything still looks good so far! be glad you don't have any yet, they can get really annoying.

im wondering if Im having them and not even knowing it?

well we had an early morning and just got back from picking up the changing table we saw on craigslist..I just HAD to have it..its soo adorable and is gonna look great in the nursery..so much better than the one I had picked out at Target..I am soo happy we got it! hubby primed the nursery last night..and tonight will prolly do the first coat of actual yellow paint...cant wait!!! oh its getting soo exciting now...and I have my 2nd shower this coming weekend too!..yay!! :happydance::happydance:

Attachments

• changing table 1.jpg
    changing table 1.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 3
  • changing table 2.jpg
    changing table 2.jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads