• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Trying for #1, anyone is welcome!

Stella - It is a city in Colorado, job hunting is so intense.. DH is trying to get a faculty position in a college.
We feed Ethan before his bedtime and then do a dream feed before we go to bed. He recently started to do one 5 hour stretch after that, I hope that increases gradually.

Ouch.. that sounds so painful, on the plus side, only 4 more weeks to go.. I hope you guys can wait until your LO decides that it is time. Not a fan of induction, now that I have seen the other side of it. Fx it goes smooth for you. The countdown begins!!

Lady - I am near Denver, so I'm here if you need :) (IDK how to do a private message, but if you send one to me I'll give you my email)
Meanwhile, that's great that Ethan is starting to sleep in longer batches. And I am sorry, I didn't realize that Ethan was induced. (I hope I don't get to that point.) What was it like?

Hope everyone else is doing well!
Aysegul, any news? How is the hubby and the rest of the family?

Stella - Yeah, he is going there, but he still wakes up couple of times out of habit, even though he doesn't need to feed. I need to give him his pacifier each time, as I don't feel like he is old enough to sleep train just yet. I know there are different opinions, I just want to wait couple more months..
And, yes, Ethan was induced, it is an intense process and was a very long one for me. As I don't know the natural pain, I cannot truly compare. I can only say even though Foley bulb was tolerable for me, I have not become a fan of Pitocin. I hope and pray you don't need to go through that..

Oh my gosh, now I really hope I am not induced, lol. I hadn't really given it any thought before! There has been no talk of it so far, so fx.

As for his sleeping, you go with your gut, Mama. There are so many things that are "right" or "wrong" that no one could keep up, but you know your family and your baby.

I hope everyone else is doing well; it looks like it has been pretty quiet on here this week! I hope that means that springtime has everyone getting out and doing something fun. :) :)

Spring has indeed arrived!
However, I am too damn tired all the time to enjoy it :rofl:

Anatomy scan coming up on Thursday at 21weeks. \\:D/

Wow, time is moving along fast! (Sure it doesn't feel it for you haha, but wow, it is!) Past halfway already!
Got the letter today for my anatomy scan actually, it's May 10th, so not that long to go. Seeing midwife in mid-April too.

Had too much sexy times last week and now suffering the consequences, also a bit of a scare having me have to make an emergency visit to GYN. Other than that my life is WONDERFUL....-_-

Sorry I haven’t been active on this site for a while and people don’t really know me I’m new to this. But I am pregnant I got on this site back in February for tips and stuff that other people had and by the end of February I had 3 positive tests and my doctor confirmed it I have an ultrasound the 8th and I’m 7 weeks and 1 day pregnant today!❤️

Happy Mother's Day to the UK ladies.
When we were still TTC, today was always a rough day for me. I had started to believe that my time would never come. But it did, and I hope that others take comfort from my story and know that anything really is possible, even when they say you have no chance!

Today has been a mixed bag of emotions, to be honest. It started with cards and presents from the dog and the bump (after all, it's my first Mother's day with our furbaby as well, so its doubly special). And I was really settling into the whole 'mumma-to-be' idea this week too, and feeling pretty excited about the whole thing. I even bought some teeny shoes!!!

But then we learned that some friends of ours lost their little one last weekend. Born sleeping at 24 weeks. Heart just stopped beating one day, despite everything being fine at 12, 20 week scans. It's a sad and solemn reminder that anything can happen, and you just have to take each day as it comes.

So now I'm back to worrying constantly - and also feeling desperately sad for our friends, of course. It's such a bloody rollercoaster. Yesterday I was saying I hope baby stays in forever, then I always know it's safe inside me. Now I want time to speed up so it is here and I can see it and know it's fine! It's not getting any easier, this pregnancy business(!)

Dream - How did the scan go?

Canadian - Haha. Glad to see you so happy :) :) What was the scare?

Faith - Congrats!!! How exciting! Have you told the OH? Family/friends?

Lone - I am so so so sorry for your friends, that is truly devastating. I hope you are able to be there for them. I've had friends loose babies and children and it is so hard to know how to help.
And I am so sorry that it has stressed you out, but knowing and worrying is what parenthood is all about. We will learn to be comfortable with and confident in our worries as time goes on; it will be ok. I hope you can enjoy your lovely Mothers Day and your sweet little bubs just waiting to come see you in person for the next one.

37.5 weeks and feeling it lol. Not much to report though and just kicking back. It a mmthe waiting game!

Dream - How did the scan go?

Canadian - Haha. Glad to see you so happy :) :) What was the scare?

Faith - Congrats!!! How exciting! Have you told the OH? Family/friends?

Lone - I am so so so sorry for your friends, that is truly devastating. I hope you are able to be there for them. I've had friends loose babies and children and it is so hard to know how to help.
And I am so sorry that it has stressed you out, but knowing and worrying is what parenthood is all about. We will learn to be comfortable with and confident in our worries as time goes on; it will be ok. I hope you can enjoy your lovely Mothers Day and your sweet little bubs just waiting to come see you in person for the next one.

37.5 weeks and feeling it lol. Not much to report though and just kicking back. It a mmthe waiting game!

Ah, what lovely words. You ladies always know just what to say.

I cannot imagine how much time must be dragging for you now! After all, it could be any day now - or you could have weeks left! Sooooooo exciting, cannot wait for news! And hope everything goes brilliantly and you have a great birth experience. So soon, and you'll be holding your little one!

Pic attached is me at 14 weeks. Still expanding at an alarming rate...

bumpppp.jpg

Lone - Ah! You look beautiful! How are you feeling? I can't believe you're at 14 weeks already!

Well we visited our friends w their newborn yesterday. He was born at 37.5 so... We kinda panicked and went into overdrive as soon as we got home. Now *everything* is done - nursery finished, bags packed, car seats installed, freezer stocked - I still need to wash her little clothes but idk if that will happen to be honest lol. It's nuts when it sinks in that it really could be any day.
I asked DH what he wanted to do for his first Fathers Day and he just went "what?". Hadn't even occured to him hahaha.

My anatomy scan last Thursday went well. He's still a boy lol. We got some great pics, something about seeing his little feet and his little toes completely melted my heart. The only thing that came up was that his kidneys are borderline on the small side. My OB said she wasn't too concerned and things would likely even out. Won't know for sure until our next scan which is a while away at 32 weeks but I'm confident it will be fine.

We had our gender reveal to our families on Friday evening which was a lot of fun. We did the powdered filled baseball.

WhatsApp Image 2019-03-30 at 6.00.11 PM.jpeg

Stella - a friend of mine just delivered at 38+2 so it really could be any day now for you. Such an exciting time!

Stella - I am sorry if I worried you by sharing too much, you'll do just fine mama, it is what it is..
How are you feeling? Not hearing from you makes me wonder whether you are already in, it could really be any day. Glad to hear you have everything ready, I was gonna ask whether you stocked food or not, that's gonna help a million. On the matter of carseat, once the baby is inside, you may need to change the position of the base to make sure it is still safe. I am sure you probably know that, but we actually made that mistake not knowing it before and boy, it was a mess tying to reposition it with the baby already out of hospital and waiting to get inside..

Lone - Happy Mothers Day, love!! It is twice amazing, isn't it, with the bump and your furbaby..
I am really sorry about your friend, it really is the worst that can happen, my prayers and condolences for them.. I hope you are feeling a bit better now, try not to worry too much dear :hug:

Faith - OMG, that is amazing news.. How are you feeling? Fx, MS didn't hit you hard, and hope to see you here with more updates.

Moose - It is so great to see you pop by.. :hugs2: Glad you are enjoying life.. And yeah, what was the scare, girl?

Dream - Love your announcement!

AFM, finally falling into a much more predictable schedule and life doesn't seem like a whirlpool anymore.. It is still a lot of work, but we are happy and three of us are enjoying getting to know each other more..
p.s. Ethan still thinks life is all about pooping, feeding and sleeping..

Hi Ladies,

Dream - I am so happy to hear that all went well. Everything grows at different rates, so your OB is probably totally right about the kidneys evening out. That is such a great idea! I had never seen the powder filled baseball idea. Cograts!!
Those few weeks go really fast, though. It's the mid to late 30-weeks that seem to drag, but the 20's flew by. Have you scheduled in the 32 week scan? When will it be?

Lady -- You did not scare me, no. At the end of the day, whatever will be will be. I am not really stressing much (oddly enough). But no, no baby yet, *sigh*. My gut is that she'll show within a couple days of the due date as given.
Thank you for the tip on the car seat; that has been the biggest "we can't be in charge of a human being's life, we have no idea what we're doing" moment :)
How are things going at home? How is work? How is little Ethan?

I have started to notice BH; they were going on before, but I only noticed them if I paid particular attention. Now I sometimes have to poke my stomach because I can
t tell if it's my squirmy girl or a BH lol. Starting to have some period like discomfort, but discomfort is running the gamut these days so it means little haha. I hope to hear from you ladies soon!

Hi everyone :) Y'all seem in good spirits, glad everything is going well for each of you.

Still just plodding along here. 15 weeks to the day.

The other day I thought I felt baby move, well, at least, I felt something weird, like tiny little bubbles popping. It was just for a second then it went away. It could even have been my thumb twitching, as my hand was resting there, but I don't know, it felt more inside.

Anyway, since then, nothing. So now I think it didn't happen, or I imagined it hahaha!

To be honest I still feel like I've imagined the whole thing, waiting for someone to say 'don't be daft, of course you're not pregnant you silly woman, you just eat too much!' Not sure when it will start feeling real - if two scans haven't done the trick, guess I'll just have to wait til baby actually arrives for reality to smack me in the face ;) I know some people really bond with their bumps from day one, but I guess I'm not one of them...

Don't get me wrong though, I'm over the bloody moon about actually having the baby, as it is all I've wanted for so many years. I guess after so long learning to not get my hopes up, it's hardwired in now - and hard to undo again! Plus maybe I'm just one of those people who doesn't really enjoy the pregnant bit. The glow hasn't found me yet.

On the plus side, after overdoing the carbs, salt and stodge for weeks, baby has finally developed a love for healthy stuff. I am all about fruit right now, oranges and kiwis are life. And for lunch I had the most beautiful pea and ham soup, I could have eaten ten bowls of it, was divine. So, overall I am enjoying Friday. Hope you all are too! x

Stella - That's the attitude, love how you are so strong about it.. BH could be annoying at times, specially as the due date nears more, you can almost convince yourself this is it, I started to get it in the middle of the night, but after few minutes, nothing..
I hear you on the discomfort, I wish I could help in any way.. Just hang in there dear, few more weeks (days!!) and your little princess in your arms will be worth everything..

Lone - Interestingly, little Ethan is 15 weeks today.. And I say trust your instincts, if you think it was the baby, it probably was.. You are not really behind feeling those movements much stronger, for me it was around 18 weeks if I remember correctly.. I bet that will make it more real for you..
I was quite opposite of you, I started eating healthy, then I was into all kinds of fried and spicy foods, haha..

AFM, I am doing well, only thing is I kinda feel stuck at home.. Ethan continues to babble to our delights, he is nearing his fourth month. I am dreading his next well visit, as he is gonna get another set of shots, it is so painful to watch and hold him..

15+4
No signs of slowing down, I suspect I'm gonna be massive by the end - I'm a little scared haha :o

15wk.jpg

Been a while since we heard from Stella... I hope that's a sign that something's happening...! EXCITED

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hayley1990
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"