Trying for a March BFP

ft108

Reaction score
So much for a Valentine's BFP. Unsuccessful this month so a new cycle and starting again.

Now on cycle day 3 so AF will be due around 6/7th March for me. Maybe I'll be able to hold out and not test before AF is due! This is my 2nd cycle actively trying, so I guess it's early days, but still a bit miffed after AF turned up as I'd bd'd on all the right days.

Anyone else with a similar cycle time frame / March testing dates?

I am on my second cycle trying as well, my last cycle was 37 days long and if this cycle is the same length then AF will be due around the 4th.
I am using opks this month which I didn't use last month because I wasn't sure when I ovulated but we DTD every day last cycle so I was pretty upset as well. Hopefully this cycle will do it for us both!

Best of luck to you!
I have been using opks but also temping. Think I will use opks more this cycle though (I've got the internet cheapies), as I go through a range of having faint lines (which is a negative on an opk) which darken in colour as it gets to the positive, so I want to try and put a finger on exactly when I ovulate as mostly have just assumed that the true positive will turn up and haven't bothered using more tests. I have been temping too but am not very good at it as I seem to wake up randomly at different times each night but it did look like I got the temperature rise you'd expect if you ovulated.

Really hope March will be our month! I know I haven't been trying *properly* for long at all compared with some but it's such a disappointment nevertheless, and I just can't begin to imagine how elated I'd feel when I get my bfp. Well, I guess I can imagine it, but I can't imagine getting there? If that makes any sense?

Anyway. Baby dust to you xxx

I wanted to temp but I work night shifts so I don't think I would be able to get a patch of sleep good enough to be able to temp from.
I got my first positive opk (as dark as the control) this evening so it looks like I am back to my pre BCP cycle length of 33 days.

Yeah I totally understand, I think I have been really shaken by not getting my bfp on my first month trying when you hear some many stories of people getting pregnant straight away that I am now scared there is something wrong which just seems silly but it is still such early days!

Baby dust to you too! Good luck with the temping!

Hi, I am on cd2 so I will probably test around the 8th march (I always test early) and that date is what my due date was with my miscarriage last year, so it would be absolutely amazing if I could get a bfp then! I use opk and have got positives every month since Nov when I mc. I don't know why it hasn't worked yet but i really hope it does soon. Good luck to you both too! X

Hello, can I join you?

I'm due to test on the 6th march too, it's my third month ttc #1. I naively thought I might be lucky straight away too so many friends and family said they were, silly I know as there are other people who try for years.

Let's hope this month is lucky, I'm trying to a bit more relaxed this month as already I could feel myself starting to get obsessed, scary!

Hi yellowduck! It is so easy to become obsessed so quickly, especially on boards like this, there is so much information flying around you end up looking for every little detail in your body.

Tootyfruity- I think the official statistic is most women with no fertility problems, who time sex perfectly etc etc still only have a 25% chance each month between different factors like the egg might not be perfect, it is fertilised it might not implant properly and even chemical pregnancy's.
I try and remind myself of that, it means a BFN isn't bad news, it is just frustrating. Those people who get pregnant first cycle have just been the lucky 25% that month.
There is nothing to say this month won't be it for all of us!

Thank you littlefishy - Yes I was so surprised how low the statistics were!! we conceived our son 2nd cycle, which we we're so pleased and grateful for, Also conceived 2nd months with the mc but this is our 4th cycle, I have never been so impatient about anything,

We will all get there! it helps to have people to tall to!: )

Good to see more people joining this thread! Hope they'll be some BFPs out of it!

tootyfruity, sorry to hear about your mc, fingers crossed you get your BFP this month. I'm really impatient too! Sometimes I wish I could fast forward through the cycle.. to around the fertile time for lots of bd'ing sessions, then to around the time AF is due in the hope of a BFP! Guess I shouldn't be wishing my life away though!

yellowduck, hope you manage to stay more relaxed. I can't help symptom spotting even when I tell myself not to. Why couldn't we be the lucky first time rounders? You're close to me in London too, I'm in Surrey (just beyond zone 6) but commute into London most days.

littlefishy I have the same thing about worrying something must be wrong with me because I didn't get a bfp straight away but you're right and sensible to remember the statistics! It's not always so easy to think logically though! Hope you've been getting down to lots of bd'ing around your +ve opk!

Baby dust to all xxx

Oh yeah lots of BD'ing haha. Theoretically I will O today which is CD 19 and we have DTD on CD 14,16,17,18 and will be again tonight and tomorrow night (obviously, happy valentines day in advance everyone!!)

Lol! Sounds like you're having fun times at the moment :happydance:
Looks like you'll be in with a good chance this month - good timings.
How fantastic that you're in your fertile period around Valentine's Day - enjoy your celebrating (and, hopefully, baby making)!
x

Hi ladies, thanks for the welcome!

You're so right, it's amazing how the last 3 months I have wished the weeks away like you say, waiting for O time, then counting down until AF is due. I'm trying so hard not to this month.

The broody gene has kicked in and I can think of nothing else (except when I'm at work which is so busy I don't have time to think about it luckily!)

Hey Ladies, can I please join?

I'm hoping and wishing for a March BFP as well, I'm on CD 7 and due to test around March 11th if my cycle sticks to 31 days and doesn't surprise me with a 25 day cycle like it did this month!

This will be our first and I am so baby crazy! I have wanted babies since we got married but had to wait because I was studying, then finding a job and having to work before I could get my registration (I'm a teacher) and so that has put us out a wee bit.. feel like I'm getting super old (27! haha) and I just want babies now!!!

As we got AF super early this first month trying I got really down about it, quite emotional and wasn't really very kind to myself... so this time I want to pick myself back up if it doesn't happen and focus on the positive like extra time to get healthy. This is a good theory but the implementation of this theory may prove a little harder indeed!

I'm using OPKs and Preseed - and ordered Maca powder which is due to arrive soon so throwing myself into it fully really!

So much for a Valentine's BFP. Unsuccessful this month so a new cycle and starting again.

Now on cycle day 3 so AF will be due around 6/7th March for me. Maybe I'll be able to hold out and not test before AF is due! This is my 2nd cycle actively trying, so I guess it's early days, but still a bit miffed after AF turned up as I'd bd'd on all the right days.

Hi!

I'm on CD 6 today. With a 27 day average cycle, I hope that my AF doesn't show up on March 7/8th. We have been TTC#1 since March 2013. We suffered a miscarriage in September & we really want a 2014 baby so time is definitely of the essence!

Hello to EOE!!!! :wave:

I'm hoping and wishing for a March BFP as well, I'm on CD 7 and due to test around March 11th if my cycle sticks to 31 days and doesn't surprise me with a 25 day cycle like it did this month!

This will be our first and I am so baby crazy! I have wanted babies since we got married but had to wait because I was studying, then finding a job and having to work before I could get my registration (I'm a teacher) and so that has put us out a wee bit.. feel like I'm getting super old (27! haha) and I just want babies now!!!

As we got AF super early this first month trying I got really down about it, quite emotional and wasn't really very kind to myself... so this time I want to pick myself back up if it doesn't happen and focus on the positive like extra time to get healthy. This is a good theory but the implementation of this theory may prove a little harder indeed!

I'm using OPKs and Preseed - and ordered Maca powder which is due to arrive soon so throwing myself into it fully really!

I'm a teacher too! I teach high school science. What do you teach?

Hey ladies, can I join please? I'm CD7 and due to OV around CD14ish. I had a MC last month so my cycles are a little out of sync as I usually OV CD11/12. So I will be testingg around 6/7/8th March... Really want a big family and I'm not getting any younger so really hoping for a :bfp: in March! Anyone else use a CBFM?

I'm on cd 2 today so testing around 11 th march. This is my 2nd cycle after a mmc. I conceived my dd and my mc baby first cycle.

I'm temping and using opks this tie round!

Good luck x

I'm a teacher too! I teach high school science. What do you teach?

Hi Piper, I'm a Primary School teacher (elementary) so I teach it all! :)

Hi ladies,

Can I join you too? I'm on CD11 today, and AF will be due between March 2-4 (cycles have been changing a bit from month to month).

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone, and I hope we get some BFPs for March :dust:

p.s. I am also a teacher (kindergarten...so every day is VERY eventful!)

Hi all, I'm in too. :D CD8, not sure how long my cycles are (since this is my first one off birth control). If it is a normal 28-ish day cycle I'll be testing March 6th, but frankly I'm just waiting to see if I get any obvious ovulation signs and counting from there!

I'm not temping, but I'm tracking my CM and CP and symptoms etc (basically everything else on FertilityFriend that I can track without a thermometer :haha: ) so hopefully it'll be clear. I remember before birth control I would sometimes get ovulation pains - fingers crossed for something that obvious! Although I guess you need to have had sex *before* you feel the ovulation pain? So it's not a great sign, but it's a good place to start counting from!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->