Trying for a March BFP

Hey melly, I think in an ideal world you would have sex before ovulation so there's sperm there waiting when the egg comes out, but you could def still get pregnant having sex the of and or the day after ov so you will still have a chance! X

Hello to all the other people joining this thread! Fingers crossed for March BFPs - sprinkling lots of babydust all over us.
Lots of teachers on this one too - I'm not a teacher but thinking of training as one after I've finished my PhD - older children though - unless I've had my own children by then don't think I could deal with kindergarten age because of my broodiness :-/

Happy Valentine's Day all!

I'm not a teacher, I'm a research scientist.

I wonder how long it takes the sperm to get from your vagina to wherever the egg is coming out (your fallopian tubes I guess?).

Okay, some quick reading says take it takes about 30 minutes for the sperm to get to the fallopian tubes. So it sounds like you can still have sex and catch the egg if you feel ovulation pains. Although yes, having had sex already means you have sperm in reserve. Good to know!

Melly I loosely follow sperm meets egg plan so I dtd every other day from cd10 until I know I've ovulated. I usually use opks and sometimes have temped which I'm doing this cycle. It's got me pregnant very quickly twice, once was my dd and the second was my mc so am hoping it works for me again in this cycle! X

Hey can I join??? Im on cd 19 got my smiley this afternoon :) we havent dtd since Tuesday and will tonight and tomorrow do u think we could still catch? Xx

Does the smiley appear before or after you've ovulated?

Melly I wondered how long it takes too! Thanks for researching that for me ;)

I think we're going to follow SMEP - we were going to DTD everyday but that gets hard sometimes, puts a bit of pressure on I think that probably isn't all that necessary! So here goes. I do think though that when I get that pos. OPK regardless if it is the second day or not, we'll be DTD!

Then yes, you have a good chance tonight bubbalove! The egg lives for 12 hours or so, so if you have sex tonight, and the sperm take 30 minutes to get there, you've got every chance. :D

Ladies, please keep in mind that even though sperm can take 30 min to reach the egg, sperm has to undergo a process called capacitation before it can even fertilize the egg. This process can take 10 hours.

Okay, good to know! Well then your chances depend on how long after the smiley face you ovulate, I guess!

It's all very confusing lol, we do smep and going to try pressed this month. Smep has worked first time for us before but not this time round so far!

Hi can I join :hi: I'm CD5 today. My OPKs arrived I'm so excited to start taking them :haha: x

Hie, can I join? So much for a valentines BFP. Am on my 5th cycle ttc. And on CD 4. I am gonna take it real easy this time. DH feels am putting too much pressure on myself and getting too anxious. So, all for being easy,lets see how that works out!!I should be testing on 14th when AF is due, if I dont test early.Baby dust to all of us.

Hi,can i join too?? According to an app i use i will o tmrw. Af due between 5-8 march(last cycle was 28 days but usually 25). I don't temp or anything. Conceived 2 dd's and 1 mc using app so F's crossed.

Welcome guys!! Ab, hope you guys are at it like bunnies! :haha:

We are CD12 and I'm waiting for EWCM!!

CD11 & not much happening down there! Gonna be a long cycle :(

Argh! Are you temping Kate? Or just checking CM/CP?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->