Trying for baby number 3 - 3rd c-section?

S

Stayathomemum

Hi all,

I am new on here so hope I am posting on the correct thread.

My partner and I, are going to try for baby number 3 however my previous 2 were born via c-section. First was an emergency and 2nd was elective. Im 32 and I'm just a little worried about c-section number 3? Have anyone gone through this and how was it? Or even a VBAC at baby number 3? The risk of a VBAC scare me just as much as a c-section....

Thank you all

:flower::flower:

Hi there,

I had an EMCS with my first and a VBAC with my second. I have to admit the risks did worry me but my consultant was very reassuring that I would be monitored very closely and I was. My VBAC was good however it was very fast (no contractions to fully dilated in an hour and a half) so it was a little panicky and scary, but nonetheless I'm glad I went for a VBAC.

I'm unsure what to go for this time based on the fact that my son did get stuck and was born by forceps. My dd also got stuck which was the reason for my EMCS so I'm just worried there's something about my pelvis that means my babies get stuck!

I was worried most about the short time between births as my son was born only 15 months after my c section but all seemed ok with my scar and I felt taken care of very well during the labour.

Thank you for replying. Its very nice to hear that people do have VBAC with little complications. Ot wpuld be my first choice! Congrats on your third :) make sure you make the decision on what you feel is right for you and bubs xx

Thanks I think my gut is telling me VBAC so I will see what the consultant thinks too.

How was your ELCS? What is it that worries you about a third section?

why would you have a 3rd section?! Get a doula/midwife and get a VBA2C!

I'm not able to deliver naturally. My body is all messed up in there. So I'm going for my fourth c section. This will be my last. My third one was really great! Very smooth, no complications. Recovery was a bit more rough. Not by much though. Just more tired with three kids. :)

I hope all goes well and you get what you're hoping for!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->