• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying To Conceive #1+ Vent Thread

Just feel like it is never going to happen and don't know how to get the answers needed.

It took us 10 months ttc #1 and im scared its going to take even longer with #2....or never even at all. I want 3-4 kids....my mom had fertility issues so im always scared I do too. :( were getting a head start with #2 even though I really dont want a 18 month old and a newborn I would rather have that than never at all. Ttc never gets easier.

I know that this is ridiculous. We've only been TTC for one month! Of course the test was negative even though I was a week late and my boobs hurt and red meat made me nauseous. Who conceives on their first try other than kids still in their teens?! Not very many people I imagine. But I thought I would be one of those. Even though I have an irregular cycle and just came off BC 2 months ago and didnt track my ovulation (who knows if I even ovulated?!). But I was so disappointed when my period started (with a vengence). I know many people try months and years to conceive... I know this. So why must I get so upset about the first try hm? Why am I so impatient?

I know that this is ridiculous. We've only been TTC for one month! Of course the test was negative even though I was a week late and my boobs hurt and red meat made me nauseous. Who conceives on their first try other than kids still in their teens?! Not very many people I imagine. But I thought I would be one of those. Even though I have an irregular cycle and just came off BC 2 months ago and didnt track my ovulation (who knows if I even ovulated?!). But I was so disappointed when my period started (with a vengence). I know many people try months and years to conceive... I know this. So why must I get so upset about the first try hm? Why am I so impatient?

We all do it. You are trying so you pay so much attention to your body and convince yourself that you have symptoms... for example my nipples were REALLY sore last month - which I thought was a sign then AF came - now I'm thinking are they always sore before AF and I just don't normally touch them to test?!?! LOL trying sends us all a bit bonkers and we try not to get excited but AF's arrival is always upsetting its such a disappointment.

Hi all! We have been TTC for almost four years now. Had lots of issues with my periods and intense pain too. Doctors did lots of different tests and had an operation six weeks ago where they found lots of stage two Endo and one suspected damaged/obstructed tube. Still have a test to go to get confirmation on the damaged tube. My big frustration is that we obviously need help to conceive but free help is a long wait and we can't afford it otherwise. Where we live is a points system to become eligible for fertility treatment. At this stage they have put me on the waitlist to get to the actual waitlist!! :shrug: I will actually be on the actual waitlist if by 1st Dec 2015 we have not managed to conceive which will bring the grand total to over 5years trying to conceive!!! :sad2: I am trying to be positive but I am 35yrs old so time is slipping away. Have any of you heard of similar stories with a happy ending?

Hi all! We have been TTC for almost four years now. Had lots of issues with my periods and intense pain too. Doctors did lots of different tests and had an operation six weeks ago where they found lots of stage two Endo and one suspected damaged/obstructed tube. Still have a test to go to get confirmation on the damaged tube. My big frustration is that we obviously need help to conceive but free help is a long wait and we can't afford it otherwise. Where we live is a points system to become eligible for fertility treatment. At this stage they have put me on the waitlist to get to the actual waitlist!! :shrug: I will actually be on the actual waitlist if by 1st Dec 2015 we have not managed to conceive which will bring the grand total to over 5years trying to conceive!!! :sad2: I am trying to be positive but I am 35yrs old so time is slipping away. Have any of you heard of similar stories with a happy ending?

Sorry I'm still stalking this post as lots of people gave me support and I feel I should give some back where I can.

I have a friend in a similar position to you and I understand it's so tough but being positive is the key. That friend had the op and then had fertility treatment a year and a half later, it took 2 rounds but she now has a beautiful baby boy.

It does happen although I know right now it doesn't feel like it.

Keep your chin up, I know Dec next year feels like forever but it's a start date a least. Fertility takes a lot of effort from your body as there are lots of meds involved and a lot of pressure, so try and enjoy thing now and get yourself physically and mentally ready for when it comes. (Easier said then done I know but believe me it will help) good luck and stay positive xxxxx

Thank you Phoenix82
I have never been on the web sharing my experience before but I guess I am getting to a point in which is hard to keep positive at times and I need to hear that it is possible after trying for this long. It is encouraging to get some answers on why things have been so difficult and that they are possible solutions ahead and need to keep focusing on those :)
The story of your friend's experience helps giving me hope and keep positive that things can still happen. Thank you very much for sharing.
All the very best with your wee one on he way
Xxx

Thank you Phoenix82
I have never been on the web sharing my experience before but I guess I am getting to a point in which is hard to keep positive at times and I need to hear that it is possible after trying for this long. It is encouraging to get some answers on why things have been so difficult and that they are possible solutions ahead and need to keep focusing on those :)
The story of your friend's experience helps giving me hope and keep positive that things can still happen. Thank you very much for sharing.
All the very best with your wee one on he way
Xxx

:hugs: keep smiling, you are doing really well already xx

Hello Ladies!

Yesterday, I know I felt conception take place. It's usually cramping on the left side and you feel where the egg sits in your Fallopian tube, correct? When that happens is it a sign of pregnancy? Or premenstrual symptoms? My menstrual should start on the 20th.

The cramps from yesterday lasted for a few hours, then I notice my nipples became more sensitive when brushed against. And I was experiencing nausea all throughout the night. Today my nipples are still sensitive! The color hasn't really changed! It looks like a light is appearing from my belly button down to my public area (still faded). And a little nauseous.

I ovulated from 9/2-9/7!!! So could these be signs of pregnancy! I took a pregnancy test early of last month and it came back negative.

So I have been ttc for about 10 years. I have prayed, used Fertility med's, lost 75 pounds and nothing has seemed to help my PCOS. I am not on MetFormin but my progesterone levels are to low. My doctor will not put me on anything to help. Tonight I received a call from husband's ex wife calling to talk to her son who was with me at the time and she begin's gloating how she is pregnant but didn't want another child and starts laughing about a friends miscarriage because she feels she did not deserve a child in a first place. I feel like now I have reached rock bottom and feel shattered. I stayed away from any support sites because I guess I did not want to admit I feel I have something wrong with my body. Why is it those who are given such a gift misuse it or treat it like it is not a gift?

So I have been ttc for about 10 years. I have prayed, used Fertility med's, lost 75 pounds and nothing has seemed to help my PCOS. I am not on MetFormin but my progesterone levels are to low. My doctor will not put me on anything to help. Tonight I received a call from husband's ex wife calling to talk to her son who was with me at the time and she begin's gloating how she is pregnant but didn't want another child and starts laughing about a friends miscarriage because she feels she did not deserve a child in a first place. I feel like now I have reached rock bottom and feel shattered. I stayed away from any support sites because I guess I did not want to admit I feel I have something wrong with my body. Why is it those who are given such a gift misuse it or treat it like it is not a gift?

I am so sorry, I cant imagine ttc for 10 years. You are of course welcome anywhere on this site, but you may find more common ground in one of the long term ttc boards (ltttc boards) here. Baby dust to you and hope you find encouragement on this site.

I have been ttc for 1.5 years... I have hypothyroid and pcos.. I am in very good shape so bmi isnt an issue. I start clomid next cycle.. Im excited and nervous. I dont ovulate at all but i have a normal cycle 23-28 days ( before it was just 14 days). All of my friends are pregnant or have kids already and my parents want grandchildren so bad. Its depressing.. I joined today hoping i can find people who can relate. Best wishes everyone :)

I have been TTC just under a year now. Me and my husband decided we wanted to expand our family after falling head over heels with my bueatiful niece who is now four and had just been waiting until we were more settled and not just out of high school. After a few months of trying we noticed my cycles were all stretched out and uncertain. Around this time my sister (unwed, no boyfriend, not wanting any more kids) literally barges into my house and room while I was sleeping to announce she was pregnant. I was excited to a degree but mostly I felt inadiquate compared to her and her only advice was "To get drunk, that's how I got pregnant both times." Now I have a lovely 4 month old nephew who just stole our hearts. I have since been put on two medications that didn't work and am now on a new one for PCOS. Today my sister calls to ask if I can babysit and says "Oh also I got something to tell you. I'm pregnant." Wasn't happy. Wasn't excited. Just felt like the gods took a gun and shot me in the stomach. She currently has a boyfriend of a little under a month. And she didn't want any more kids. Her advice this time. "Just try getting drunk. Or maybe just give up and be a full time Auntie." I feel broken and want to punch her in the face. But at the same time I feel guilty that I'm not more excited for her or happy......

Apparently being together for 3.5yrs and trying for a baby is "Rushing into it"

So sick of being told by multiple people on my family that "it's just not your time yet" and "don't stress it will happen when your body is ready and now isn't that time"

My sister struggled with Infertility too and she won't talk to me because she thinks I am an immature slur for trying to have a baby with my parter of almost 4yrs.

Hi! sorry to hear about the lack of support from
your sister. I knew my hubby for 3 months & been married for 2 & a half & 1.5 of those years ive been ttcing! I definetly dont think youre rushing after 3! at the end of the day its your decision. We dont know what the future holds & its your choice so I wouldnt pay any mind to that, it's your right to ttc if you want to! I hope it works out well for you, what are your next steps?

Hi me and my boyfriend are trying for our first baby I keep stressing because everyone around us is having baby I spoken to a few people about trying and none of them are in my situation so they can't help me I was on the pill for about 6 years came off in March this year am starting to get a little worried that I can't have babies x

Hi im in the same boat. Myself and husband are trying to conceive. Never realised it takes over ur mind. Every lil thing and im like is that a sign??? 😂😂!! Scarlettmax dont stress it takes a while for the pill to leave your system totally and they say on average it takes a healthy couple about a year to conceive keep trying and think positive

Hey girlies,

I am still trying to figure out things (also, I apologize in advance...I do not know all the terminology or abbreviations yet :coffee:). This is my first month for opks...and that is a whole story on its own lol...4 days positive :wacko: Anyway, at least now I can an idea of when to be sure to bd to not miss my ovulation day. The past couple of months, my husband and I been having :sex: every other day until he became stressed. So, now I'm just trying for 3-5 days a week. It just sucks to see af with each passing month. Trying to stay optimistic for this month.

can hear you on with that. with everyone getting pregnant and all. my cousins, my friends all seem to be getting pregnant when i wanted to. was hoping for a little one in February but no luck in October now still waiting. be patient it will happen. good luck!!

AF arrived today, after a particularly hopeful cycle, and I just feel beaten down. I know it has only been 4 months, but those months have felt long, and I wonder.. why isn't it already happening for us? OK, so we only have a 25% chance each month, but 25+25+25+25......

should that = baby?

I called a therapist who specializes in fertility/infertility to set an appointment to hopefully help me deal with the stress of TTC (focusing this cycle on reducing stress... so bye bye charting!) and just listened to her voicemail when she called back. I didn't mention how long we had been TTC, but in her voicemail she said she wanted to learn more about us and about *the infertility*

And so I naturally started bawling in the kitchen over a, at least, delicious glass of Meiomi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->