Trying To Conceive After Tubal Reversal

Ladies...I am beyond frustrated...

I went and got 4 FRERs yesterday and took two of them this morning with FMU. One was a regular FRER and one was a digital...and BOTH were negative AND my temps went down today. I don't think I am really pregnant.

What in the world???

Was it a defective batch of tests?? There WAS a line, I swear...On not one, but THREE tests...

Or was I pregnant and just picked up hcg from an early miscarriage or something?

AF is due tomorrow...so I will just see what happens.

But I do believe this has cured me of the need to test early...from now on, I will be testing AFTER I have missed AF...

:sad2:[/QUO

YOU AREN'T EVEN KIDDING~~~HOLY CRAP WTH???
THAT Is craziness??? i've always heard that digi's are less sensitive...what are the IU'S?? I'm sorry this is an emotional rollar coaster for you sweetie:wacko:
a bad batch of tests...?!??? wow, i'd be calling the 800 number. that's completely fa-lipping ridiculous..
ff still has a green line on your chart tho:shrug:doesn't that mean preg?
i'm sorry Diana:growlmad: can u feel me huggin u?
loves girl...TRY to keep your chin up...b/c it's all VERY strange to me:hugs:

Tell me about it!!!!! I feel like I am in an episode of the Twilight Zone with the crazy, disappearing pregnancy...yes you are, no you're not, yes you are...

FRERs are supposed to be able to detect 25miu of HCG...and so are the Equate brand ones which I used and got 3 positives with those...

So either THREE Equate brand tests were defective...What can the odds possibly be of THAT? OR I was...but now I'm not?? Would that be a chemical pregnancy??

I am just going to wait and see what AF decides to do tomorrow...if it doesn't show, I will start testing again...if it does...well, mystery solved, I guess...

I went and got 4 FRERs yesterday and took two of them this morning with FMU. One was a regular FRER and one was a digital...and BOTH were negative AND my temps went down today. I don't think I am really pregnant.

What in the world???

Was it a defective batch of tests?? There WAS a line, I swear...On not one, but THREE tests...

Or was I pregnant and just picked up hcg from an early miscarriage or something?

But I do believe this has cured me of the need to test early...from now on, I will be testing AFTER I have missed AF...

:sad2:

Saga don't give up hope just yet. Your not out until AF shows up! Are you still spotting? That could also have something to do with the test. Thats what my TR doc. told me. If you are still spotting wait until you stop than test. :hugs:

I HAD NO IDEA! And yep...still spotting...that alone worries me...why would I spot from day 9 to day 13? That's just weird...I am just going to wait and see if AF shows up tomorrow as scheduled...

But I promise you Ladies this...if I am not preggers...and I just really doubt that I am...then I will NEVER test early again...this is harder than the 2ww itself!!! Aghhhhhh!

What in the world???

:sad2:[/QUO

YOU AREN'T EVEN KIDDING~~~HOLY CRAP WTH???
THAT Is craziness??? i've always heard that digi's are less sensitive...what are the IU'S?? I'm sorry this is an emotional rollar coaster for you sweetie:wacko:
a bad batch of tests...?!??? wow, i'd be calling the 800 number. that's completely fa-lipping ridiculous..
ff still has a green line on your chart tho:shrug:doesn't that mean preg?
i'm sorry Diana:growlmad: can u feel me huggin u?
loves girl...TRY to keep your chin up...b/c it's all VERY strange to me:hugs:

Tell me about it!!!!! I feel like I am in an episode of the Twilight Zone with the crazy, disappearing pregnancy...yes you are, no you're not, yes you are...

FRERs are supposed to be able to detect 25miu of HCG...and so are the Equate brand ones which I used and got 3 positives with those...

So either THREE Equate brand tests were defective...What can the odds possibly be of THAT? OR I was...but now I'm not?? Would that be a chemical pregnancy??

I am just going to wait and see what AF decides to do tomorrow...if it doesn't show, I will start testing again...if it does...well, mystery solved, I guess...

that sux gf...i don't know what the odds of bad equate tests, but I certainly wouldn't rule is an impossibility AND I'd be calling the 800# n giving them a piece of my mind:growlmad:...least they could do is give ur $$ back
i sent u a msg(i THINK yest)about chemicals...did u get..?
do u feel at all af-ish?:hugs:

What in the world???

:sad2:

Saga don't give up hope just yet. Your not out until AF shows up! Are you still spotting? That could also have something to do with the test. Thats what my TR doc. told me. If you are still spotting wait until you stop than test. :hugs:

I HAD NO IDEA! And yep...still spotting...that alone worries me...why would I spot from day 9 to day 13? That's just weird...I am just going to wait and see if AF shows up tomorrow as scheduled...

But I promise you Ladies this...if I am not preggers...and I just really doubt that I am...then I will NEVER test early again...this is harder than the 2ww itself!!! Aghhhhhh!

I don't know why you would spot for 5 days unless it was impalntation. I started spotting on a Monday and it stoped on Saturday and I also had the brown blood. I just don't get it!!! Keep us updated girl!!

Well I'm going to try to get something to eat. I'll talk with you ladies later! Take Care girls!! :hugs:

A little off topic but this will be my 1,000 post:happydance: Only took me two years:haha:

1,000 posts...WOW!!!! 2 years wow wow!!!!!

Your bfn at CD13 is hopeful!!!! I'm 11DPO today and all I've been getting are bfn's:(
I am feeling af-ish:growlmad:UUGGHH...last night at like 1am I was having cramps for a while, then this morning for a short time..I'm due the 11th, thurs I think it is...I don't ALWAYS get cramps, it's on and off...apparently this is a cramp ON mo:growlmad:
:hugs:

Faith: I think you'll be fine on the roller coaster and I think that is perfectly normal to wonder about it...I would TOO! I didn't even go snow boarding this year for the same reason...hahaha...and I am not one of those to normally have a 3day LH surge either. Mine is usually just one day and I ovulate the very next day...only one of my cycles did I test positive for three days in a row...but that is definitely not the norm for me.

DASH: I think you're good! The egg only survives for 12 to 24 hours after O...if that long...so go enjoy yourself...hehehe...

TATER: I did see your PM just now about chemicals...I am just mystified by my magically disappearing BFP. Nope, no AF-isf feelings for me...other than this darn spotting...ARG! I usually have cramps and definitely a lower back ache the day before AF...the only thing now is that I am tired and want to take a nap...but other than that, I feel good enough that I could tap dance right here in my office...AND...I looked at YOUR chart. It does look like it could be implantation...they say it takes place from anywhere from 5-12 days after O with the average being 7-10 days after O...So, it COULD be. I am hoping your get your BFP! And I agree with DASH...Late implantation = Late BFP.

Momma: My LH surge never lasts more than a day either. It did only ONCE, but that is not the norm for me. I remember the first time it was positive and then negative all in the same day, I freaked out...haha. But it's normal, no worries!! When are you officially in the 2ww? I will have to look at your chart...

FUTURE: You had implantation on day 9 and a negative stick test on 13dpo??? WOW. I started spotting on day 9...but I am just going to wait until AF either shows up or doesn't...I can't take anymore Hide N Seek with my BFPs this month! Hahaha....I'll be thinking of you Monday/Tuesday when you test! And congrats on your 1000th post! WOW!

TTCBaby: Yaaayyy for your bloodwork! One more milestone DOWN! I hope he sends you to get your ultrasound too! Woohoo!!! Let us know if he does!

I think that covers everyone...I think...

:hug:

Faith: I think you'll be fine on the roller coaster and I think that is perfectly normal to wonder about it...I would TOO! I didn't even go snow boarding this year for the same reason...hahaha...and I am not one of those to normally have a 3day LH surge either. Mine is usually just one day and I ovulate the very next day...only one of my cycles did I test positive for three days in a row...but that is definitely not the norm for me.

DASH: I think you're good! The egg only survives for 12 to 24 hours after O...if that long...so go enjoy yourself...hehehe...

TATER: I did see your PM just now about chemicals...I am just mystified by my magically disappearing BFP. Nope, no AF-isf feelings for me...other than this darn spotting...ARG! I usually have cramps and definitely a lower back ache the day before AF...the only thing now is that I am tired and want to take a nap...but other than that, I feel good enough that I could tap dance right here in my office...AND...I looked at YOUR chart. It does look like it could be implantation...they say it takes place from anywhere from 5-12 days after O with the average being 7-10 days after O...So, it COULD be. I am hoping your get your BFP! And I agree with DASH...Late implantation = Late BFP.

Momma: My LH surge never lasts more than a day either. It did only ONCE, but that is not the norm for me. I remember the first time it was positive and then negative all in the same day, I freaked out...haha. But it's normal, no worries!! When are you officially in the 2ww? I will have to look at your chart...

FUTURE: You had implantation on day 9 and a negative stick test on 13dpo??? WOW. I started spotting on day 9...but I am just going to wait until AF either shows up or doesn't...I can't take anymore Hide N Seek with my BFPs this month! Hahaha....I'll be thinking of you Monday/Tuesday when you test! And congrats on your 1000th post! WOW!

TTCBaby: Yaaayyy for your bloodwork! One more milestone DOWN! I hope he sends you to get your ultrasound too! Woohoo!!! Let us know if he does!

I don't know how you remember everything ...I CANNOT..that's why I have to post SOOO many times, individually....:blush:

You girls are right..late implant is late bfp..BUT i''m feeling af-ish..I usually don't get cramps, but sometimes definitely do and last night around 1pm I had them until i finally fell asleep, then woke up w/ them for a while this morning..an hour or 2 IDK, I'm bad time estimator..I'm tired and have a headache and I'm pretty sure that's been norm af for me lately :( SO, NO, I"M NOT out till that :witch: DOES show, but I'm guessing it will:growlmad:
OH well, guess I'll go for the HSG and see what comes from that....
Love ya girls...hope everyone has a great day...I'm going for some grub TTYS!!!!
Loving my rocking TR Dolls!!!!!!!:friends:

I don't know how you remember everything ...I CANNOT..that's why I have to post SOOO many times, individually....:blush:

You girls are right..late implant is late bfp..BUT i''m feeling af-ish..I usually don't get cramps, but sometimes definitely do and last night around 1pm I had them until i finally fell asleep, then woke up w/ them for a while this morning..an hour or 2 IDK, I'm bad time estimator..I'm tired and have a headache and I'm pretty sure that's been norm af for me lately :( SO, NO, I"M NOT out till that :witch: DOES show, but I'm guessing it will:growlmad:
OH well, guess I'll go for the HSG and see what comes from that....
Love ya girls...hope everyone has a great day...I'm going for some grub TTYS!!!!
Loving my rocking TR Dolls!!!!!!!:friends:

Hahaha...I wish my memory was that good! When I go back to my last post and read forward, I make notes! I have some definite Type A personality traits...like taking notes while reading...hehehe...

Tater- implantation happens 5-10 days from fertilization, and fertilization usually happens in the tube.

Saga- :::Hugs::: I cant imagine how frustrated you feel right now!

TTC- cant wait to hear how the blood test went!

Tater- implantation happens 5-10 days from fertilization, and fertilization usually happens in the tube.

Saga- :::Hugs::: I cant imagine how frustrated you feel right now!

TTC- cant wait to hear how the blood test went!

hey girl!!!!!!:hi:

Thanks for that...I like learning all this stuff!!!! It's a lot for me wee brain though:wacko:
I'm feeling af-ish, so not thinking I had any implantation happenings:(
OH well.....rooting for all my TR girls!!!!
:friends:

Tate dont give up hope its not over until the which shows her ugly face!
Saga you poor girl what an emotional roller coaster, I hope you truly get your bfp!
faith i think im going to be with you in the 2ww Whoot whoot!!
future and dash how are you ladies holding up?
TTC I really am soooo excited for you girl blood tests and ultrasounds yay!!!
As for me I took another opk at noon today and it was positive what the hell! so Im just going to continue to smep tonight and tomorrow im sure we will catch it :)

hello ladies...my name is amanda. i am 28 and had a TL 2 yrs ago after my 4th baby...i truly didn't want one but did it cuz family were putting their nose where it didn't belong. stupid me i gave in to the constant harrassment and had the TL done...now i regret it deeply...i am now with a wonderful man that treats me like a godess and loves my other children as if they were his own....so now this summer i am going to have a TR....i am really praying that this TR works...i hope god will bless me with a beautiful baby with my fiancee...he has blessed me with 4 so i am hoping for at least 1 more....that is all i am asking for... i am here for support and encouragement cuz this is a major thing for me to go through and i am rather nervous....so if anyone has insight to share with me...please do...i would love to hear from you lovely ladies

hello ladies...my name is amanda. i am 28 and had a TL 2 yrs ago after my 4th baby...i truly didn't want one but did it cuz family were putting their nose where it didn't belong. stupid me i gave in to the constant harrassment and had the TL done...now i regret it deeply...i am now with a wonderful man that treats me like a godess and loves my other children as if they were his own....so now this summer i am going to have a TR....i am really praying that this TR works...i hope god will bless me with a beautiful baby with my fiancee...he has blessed me with 4 so i am hoping for at least 1 more....that is all i am asking for... i am here for support and encouragement cuz this is a major thing for me to go through and i am rather nervous....so if anyone has insight to share with me...please do...i would love to hear from you lovely ladies

:hi:HIYA chica!!!! WELCOME
It's WONDERFUL to have you aboard this rocking TR journey w/ us!!!!!We are a great lil TR "family" and have been through soooo much on this journey:flower:
It's SUPER grand to have you:hugs:
I had my TR last Feb, nearly a year and I'm also praying and believing that this will work for ME, and all the girls here that I've come to know and love!!!! The worst thing I ever decided to do was think *I* knew best about NO MORE CHILDREN...I should NEVER have gotten sterilized:dohh:~I wish everyday I wouldn't have but I Did. Just trusting that the Lord will bless me b/c I chose to undo what we had done:thumbup:
I for one, post A LOT...:blush:so never hesitate to ask or double ask or triple ask!!!!!:haha:that's what we are here for, all on a wee bit of a diff journey but all have the same ending in mind~~:baby:
lots of love!!!
do you have a surgery date yet???
I had c-sections and the TR was JUST like it for ME...I recovered SUPER fast w/ nearly NO pain, ya know at first but was minimal...and DH and I conceived the very 1st mo...weren't even trying:dohh:
Some docs say wait, others say listen to your body and try when you are ready!!!!!
Love and blessings honey!!!!

i am hoping to have my surgery in may or june of this year:winkwink: we are saving money so i can have the surgery...i am super excited that i am going to have it done..but at the same time super nervous...i will keep everyone posted on my journey and i look forward to reading about everyone elses as well...:flower:

i am hoping to have my surgery in may or june of this year:winkwink: we are saving money so i can have the surgery...i am super excited that i am going to have it done..but at the same time super nervous...i will keep everyone posted on my journey and i look forward to reading about everyone elses as well...:flower:

Hi Chica! Welcome! I'll be 36 this month and my hubby will be 42 this year. I have three children from a previous marriage...8 year old boy/girl twins and a 12 year old girl. I got divorced in 2003 and I had my TL done in July of 2004 for the DUMBEST of reasons...I remarried to a wonderful man with no kids of his own on September 5, 2009 and had my reversal done on October 15, 2010. I live in Greenville, SC and had my TR done by the fertility specialist here. Mine was open surgery, not laprascopic, the same as a c-section. I had really no complications at all, but the first time I really felt like I could exercise was around January...and the ONLY drawback to having surgery for me was that I GAINED 10 lbs. Grrrr. But I'll get it off.

I was having post tubal ligation syndrome symptoms and my doctor said that those would begin to go away for the most part and he was right. So, there was a lot more good than bad for me when it came to the surgery itself.

My doctor told my husband and I to try for 6 months and if nothing has happened by then, we can start talking about plan B...whatever that is...and we have decided to go through IVF at that time. I DO believe TR works...but because of our ages, we just feel like we don't have all the time in the world to keep trying on our own...we wanted the opportunity to try on our own...and we are doing that for now...and I would rather conceive that way...naturally...but if we don't...what can I say...all I want is a baby...I don't care how I get it! Hahaha...If I were 10 years younger...or 5 even...IVF would not be a thought in my head...We are starting now with all the testing, etc. necessary for IVF now...so that in the event it is necessary, we can just get started right away after my April cycle...

Where are you going to have your surgery done? I LOVE my TR doctor and they are 10 minutes away...they will be the ones to follow my pregnancy as well...however it is that I manage to get pregnant...haha.

And one thing you are doing that I WISH I had done was to find a thread like this BEFORE I had my TR. I didn't, I just jumped into the deep end of the pool without looking first...haha. One thing I would recommend to you is that you get very familiar with your cycles BEFORE surgery...Know when you ovulate, how long your luteal phase is normally, etc. I don't think it's a bad idea to start a BBT chart now...just so you will have a baseline for what is truly normal and what isn't for you...but that's about all I can think of that I wish I had done differently...and you are already doing better than me because I did not find other TR ladies to talk to until AFTER I'd had the surgery!

Welcome! I think you will find that most of us here have similar situations. I just had my TR done at the end of December, and am feeling great- and currently waiting for my next cycle to TTC. Do you have a place in mind for your TR?

Momma- Im doing great...just feel like Im waiting and waiting and waiting and that this cycle is taking FOREVER.

I started some new supplements today- Floradix Iron (its all natural, food based, Im a giant crunchy hippy) which is packed with B-vitamins, and Floradix Cal/mag. Im hoping it will help my body back to normal, and help me O earlier next cycle so that my LP an be longer than 10 days. I guess only time will tell...

Dont feel bad about the weight gain, Saga- I'm right there with you! I had to buy new pants :(

Dont feel bad about the weight gain, Saga- I'm right there with you! I had to buy new pants :(

Oh, this is coming off, it's my mission in life right now other than TTC...I've already lost 3 of it...but I am 5"0'...so when I gain 5lbs, it looks like 10 and so forth! Ughhh. AND, I cannot get it off as fast as when I was in my 20's. My twins killed my metabolism...haha. And I know, I have new pants too...but I look at my 'skinny jeans' every day for inspiration...I will be wearing those BEFORE I get pregnant...after all, I could wear them in October...sheesh! The things we go through to have a baby, eh?

My goal was to be at a weight I LIKE (and I am Greek, so our model of beauty has curves...we like a little meat on our bones) when I get pregnant...and to eat healthy all the way through the pregnancy...and exercise...so that I really have no weight to lose after delivery...the only weight I want to gain I want to be directly related to the baby...my doctor said 25 pounds and I should be back in my regular clothes in no time after delivery...and that is how it worked before, but I had to work HARD at it...and I will again...so...that's my goal...as long as I am physically able, I will be on the treadmill or in the pool this summer...

I called my doctor's office today and talked to his nurse. I told her about my mysterious HPTs and she said that the digital ones are not very sensitive at all...and I did take a digital this morning...but that does not explain away the regular FRER I took this morning as well.

She said that if I got 3 BFPs and then 2 negatives today with a different brand...well, then (1) the tests I used today were not as sensitive as the ones I used yesterday and I am still pregnant, or (2) I was pregnant, but had an early miscarriage...which would explain why my levels may have gone down...and the only way to know what is going on is to see if I get my period tomorrow...if I don't, they want me to come in the next day for a blood draw...so we'll see...geez...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->