Trying To Conceive After Tubal Reversal

Ok ladies. I hope you all are sitting down. I have some bad news. I am scared, heartbroken, and at a loss for what to do. I have been sick for about a month. I haven't really said anything on here. As it would come and go and the pain would come and go. Well finally I couldn't take it anymore. So I went to the doc. He did a Ct SCAN. of my whole chest and sholders. As I had open heart surgery when I was young. He thought it could have something to do with the wires in my chest. Or a pulled muscle. Something along one of those 2 lines. Well turns out after doing 4 different lung tests and the ct. I have 2 spots in my left lower lung. I am only 30 and looking at a very good possiblility of lung cancer. I was told when I was little that my lungs were severly damaged because of my heart problem. I was told that my impure blood would sit in my lungs and was not being pushed out because there wasn't enough to push it out. Anyway so I am now on 2 different puffers my lungs are aged to a 96 yr old according to all the tests. Which just makes me feel really good about myself. My husband wont let me get upset about it. I think because he is scared and he doesn't want to show it. My doc said right now is not the right time for a baby and to stop TTC after this cycle. As I am looking at being on some very heavy meds. He gave me vicodin and diazapam ( not sure if I spelled those right). He said to take them if I have to. So for now I have to wait 6 months for another CT to see if they are growing or what is going on, unless things get worse.
So for me I believe God works in mysterious ways. We didn't get the Walmart account so my hubby is home and looking for a job that will at most have him gone over night and home the next day. We haven't told the kids yet, not sure if I am going to. I hope you gilrs dont mind if I still stop in and say Hi. Heck I might stop by everyday. I love looking and reading what you all have to say.
Holy sh#$ Lissa! I don't even know what to say except I am so sorry muffin. I will say that waiting six months to find out if you have lung cancer is the most awful thing I have ever heard and complete crap. You need to go back and stomp your feet for some answers right now. How are you supposed to live your life not knowing if you have it? If you do have cancer, you need to start treatment immediately, not in six months. Please, please tell me you can get a second or third opinion. Do not wait. I am here for you anytime...please let me know if you need anything and I will pray and pray for you. V.

Ok ladies. I hope you all are sitting down. I have some bad news. I am scared, heartbroken, and at a loss for what to do. I have been sick for about a month. I haven't really said anything on here. As it would come and go and the pain would come and go. Well finally I couldn't take it anymore. So I went to the doc. He did a Ct SCAN. of my whole chest and sholders. As I had open heart surgery when I was young. He thought it could have something to do with the wires in my chest. Or a pulled muscle. Something along one of those 2 lines. Well turns out after doing 4 different lung tests and the ct. I have 2 spots in my left lower lung. I am only 30 and looking at a very good possiblility of lung cancer. I was told when I was little that my lungs were severly damaged because of my heart problem. I was told that my impure blood would sit in my lungs and was not being pushed out because there wasn't enough to push it out. Anyway so I am now on 2 different puffers my lungs are aged to a 96 yr old according to all the tests. Which just makes me feel really good about myself. My husband wont let me get upset about it. I think because he is scared and he doesn't want to show it. My doc said right now is not the right time for a baby and to stop TTC after this cycle. As I am looking at being on some very heavy meds. He gave me vicodin and diazapam ( not sure if I spelled those right). He said to take them if I have to. So for now I have to wait 6 months for another CT to see if they are growing or what is going on, unless things get worse.
So for me I believe God works in mysterious ways. We didn't get the Walmart account so my hubby is home and looking for a job that will at most have him gone over night and home the next day. We haven't told the kids yet, not sure if I am going to. I hope you gilrs dont mind if I still stop in and say Hi. Heck I might stop by everyday. I love looking and reading what you all have to say.
Holy sh#$ Lissa! I don't even know what to say except I am so sorry muffin. I will say that waiting six months to find out if you have lung cancer is the most awful thing I have ever heard and complete crap. You need to go back and stomp your feet for some answers right now. How are you supposed to live your life not knowing if you have it? If you do have cancer, you need to start treatment immediately, not in six months. Please, please tell me you can get a second or third opinion. Do not wait. I am here for you anytime...please let me know if you need anything and I will pray and pray for you. V.

I agree wholeheartedly Lissa!!! WHY WOULD THEY MAKE YOU WAIT FOR 6 MONTHS! My grandfather had lung cancer back in 1981 and they diagnosed it right away! Why would they take the chance of it spreading for the next 6 months if it is indeed cancer? :hugs: Like CDN said, BE PUSHY! You are so young, with another 60+ years ahead and 3 little kids (plus TR babies;)...you can't let them play games with you:nope:

Morning ladies!

Good luck today, Momma! Cant wait to hear how it goes!

girls it went great today!! my baby is soooo active it was using my uterus as a trampoline the whole time lol The hearbeat was 145 and thats about what dd was so im thinking girl :) I will post some pics later right now im tring to get some much needed cleaning done.

:happydance::dance: Great news and such a sweet photo:hugs: so happy everything is going smoothly for you:flower:

Fatih,
Now you have given me more information to research, I am not sure of my tube lengths I guess I should call and find out. I am 32 years young and my DH is 34. What about you how long have you been ttc? How long ago was your TR?

:winkwink: Don't feel overwhelmed and by all means, you may not need anything I'm taking. Our dear friend, Dash, here, waited 3 months to TTC per dr.'s orders and got preggers her first month of trying:happydance: lucky gal:) She didn't take all these crazy supplements or temp. Ya just never know!
Anyway, I had my TR 11/12/10..this is our 6 month of trying:thumbup: I have to admit, I didn't think it would take this long, BUT I also realize that I knew nothing about my body prior to the TR:haha: I had no idea that I'm not a standard " O on cd14" gal, but rather cd18 or 19. Dh and I are both 36, we have 3 dc (ds17,ds13,dd9) and made the terrible mistake of a TL at the birth of our last baby :cry: BIGGEST regret of my life so far:( Doctors should not allow women to make such a HUGE decision when they're all messed up with hormones and just giving birth:nope: I think there should be a 3 month waiting period:)

Knowing your tube length is a big deal really;) Just always an interesting tid bit! Where did yuo have your TR done? What are the ages of your other children? :flower:

My doctor advised me to wait two cycles before ttc next week will be my second cycle so hopefully July is my month. This first go round I am going to try the NTNP approach and just try to get a overall feel for my body. Even though my tubes were tied I was still on BC to regulate my cycles over the last year or so they had become horrible. Who knew I would get my tubes tied and still need BC :nope:. I have three girls ages 13, 11, and 8 we didn't tell them about the TR just in case things don't go as planned I won't have to deal with their disappointment in addition to mine. I totally agree with you a 3 month wait should be mandatory when having a TL after giving birth you are no condition to make a sound decision. Two weeks after my last child was born I was mad at myself for making such a dumb decision. I knew in my heart that I would one day want to have another child. How do you manage to take so many supplements are doing half in the morning half and night?? It seems like a lot but I would be willing to take whatever I need to conceive just wondering how you manage it all.:blush:

MzladyK: Sounds like you have a good plan:thumbup: Yeah, that's crazy that you have to be on BC even with tied tubes. I've read of many women going on BC to regulate their cycles. Have your cycles always been a mess or just since TL?

I do split the supplements into morning/noon/night:) Very do-able:winkwink:

Crazy thing with my cycle again this month..I spotted at 5dpo AGAIN?!:shrug: This happend last cycle on 5dpo too...isn't that weird? Last month I was really hoping it was impantation bleeding, but knowing how that cycle turned out, I was like...hmmm, this again...not getting excited. But thought it was strange. Oh, how complex our bodies are:dohh:

So, you have little girls:) Hoping for a baby boy this time around, I'll bet:hugs:
You are wise in not telling your dc about the TR...how did you manage the recovery without them knowing? Wow! you're good:haha: It's strange to have my teenage sons asking me if I'm pregnant yet:wacko: In fact, about 2 weeks ago we told the kids we need to have a family meeting and my 13y.o. was like "alright! here, let me close the windows so no one will hear us scream..":rofl:...poor kid was disappointed when it turned out to be just some new family policies:haha:

I hope you get preggers straight away!:hugs:

I agree with the postpartum wait. I also knew within weeks I had made a mistake.

The doctor I see has a lot of interns who work for him, who do my intake at every appointment before he comes in and sees me- one of the female interns I have seen a few times. She told me last week at my visit that since talking to me about how my young age affected my TL decision, she has refused to sign papers for or talked several women under 25 out of having the procedure done after birth. I was SO HAPPY to hear that! I would seriously tell the whole world if I thought it would save just one person the torment I felt while I was sterile.

Faith,

Your sons are hilarious LOL! I had my TR done in Morgan City with Dr. Morice which is about an hour and half drive from where we live. That morning I had my parents take my kids to school as we had a business meeting out of town (clever, our parents still don't know). When they came home from school I was back at home in the bed in pain of course. When they asked what was wrong I chalked it up to horrible period pains, which wasn't anything new since my TL my periods have progressively gotten worse- I never had that problem prior to my TL. This went on for about three days on the fourth day I started moving around slowly but I was much better within a week or so.

Spotting at 5dpo that's weird.

Of course I am praying for a boy but GOD will give me what I need not what I want.:angelnot: (But LORD knows I want healthy and happy baby boy :cloud9:)

Thanks
I am going to send up a baby dust prayer and a H&H pregnancy prayer for all of my new TR friends:hugs:

I agree with the postpartum wait. I also knew within weeks I had made a mistake.

The doctor I see has a lot of interns who work for him, who do my intake at every appointment before he comes in and sees me- one of the female interns I have seen a few times. She told me last week at my visit that since talking to me about how my young age affected my TL decision, she has refused to sign papers for or talked several women under 25 out of having the procedure done after birth. I was SO HAPPY to hear that! I would seriously tell the whole world if I thought it would save just one person the torment I felt while I was sterile.

That's great to hear:thumbup: I'm part of a yahoo group that has several women who had TL before ever having any children and now want it reversed:nope: so very sad! One of the women even got a government grant to pay for her TL! I find that very suspicious...this country is NOT keen on big families:nope:

To pay for her TL? Oh yeah, they will pay for it to get done- thats how I got mine done. They just wont pay for the reversal, so you get stuck sterile. As we all know, that is a cost of our own not even insurance will cover. Here the state pays for sterilization of anyone who makes under about 85k a year, even though that is well above the income bracket for receiving state aid of any other kind.

To pay for her TL? Oh yeah, they will pay for it to get done- thats how I got mine done. They just wont pay for the reversal, so you get stuck sterile. As we all know, that is a cost of our own not even insurance will cover. Here the state pays for sterilization of anyone who makes under about 85k a year, even though that is well above the income bracket for receiving state aid of any other kind.

Yes, it was to pay to sterilize her BEFORE she ever had children:( How very interesting that WA makes an *exception* to the state assitance income brackets to cover TL:nope:

I am glad someone is taking a stand. Before my TR if felt less of women like the one thing that made me whole was taken away from me. I am now finding out I am not alone and lot of other women feel the same way after having a TL.:dohh:

I am glad someone is taking a stand. Before my TR if felt less of women like the one thing that made me whole was taken away from me. I am now finding out I am not alone and lot of other women feel the same way after having a TL.:dohh:

To be fair, all I did was voice my feelings to my provider- his intern has gone on to do the footwork of using it for other women in their decision making process. I told her I think its GREAT and she should for sure keep up the work! I do think that if there were more options presented to women, and more thinking time given to them, that a lot of women would make a different choice. Unfortunately that's just not something that is important in the medical community...

Hi Ladies,
:hugs:
Sweet lisa, I am so sorry to read of your health problems..must be very scary for you and your family:hugs:

Momma, love the nicepic of your bean..can't hardly beleive 12 weeks already:dohh:

Dash, congrats on having a lil girl.. I love having girls..can't see myself with a boy..poor lil guy would be dressed in pink !

Mzladyk, I haven't chatted with you before..welcome..hoping you get your BFP quickly:hugs:

Does anyone ever hear from tater ?

I am so sorry to ready of Ttcbaby2011 loss..my thoughts and prayers are with her and her family at this difficult time:hugs:

cndmom11.. how are you ???

I think I tried to cover everyone..sorry if I missed a few:hugs:

AFM... nothing much going on here..we have been casually TTC in other word NTNP..

Morning ladies! Its Wednesday...the kids are so close to being done with school, everyone is getting antsy.

Anybody have any big summer plans? Aside from growing babies, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->