Trying To Conceive After Tubal Reversal

Hey everyone!! Thanks for the prayers and words of encouragement. Went for my HSG yesterday morning and went crazy all day waiting for results. I had to go have it done at x-ray and wait for my obgyn to receive results. Called my doc this morning and GUESS WHAT......BOTH TUBES OPEN AND PATENT WITH GOOD DYE FLOW!!!!!!! Could not believe it...so HAPPY!!! Send baby dust my way!!! Baby dust to all of you...will keep you updated, am so excited. Should ovulate here in about 5-7 days. Will let everyone know what happens!!!!!! Good luck to everyone!

Wow that's great! :thumbup: I was curious about how the HSG went. Was it uncomfortable at all? Was it expensive? Tons of baby dust your way this week!!!

Today marks the first day of my first tww. It's exciting to finally start down this road. It's hard for me to believe that I'm actually fertile now, since I had my tubes tied for so long. I guess it's time to start believing though.
On another note:
I picked this doctor that I absolutely love here, and had my first appointment Monday. He did an ultrasound to check my follicles and make sure everything was good from the TR I had. I'm good to go as far as he can tell. That's great. He even gave me a "prescription" to keep on hand to have an HSG after a few months if we haven't conceived yet. Do you think this is a little early? My doc that did my TR says to wait at least 6 months for it, as there can be some risks. My doc here says I can do it whenever I want. Hmmmm I hate it when two docs say something different. Also, we've been paying cash for EVERYTHING. My DH's insurance from work is kinda worthless, and they will not cover anything pregnancy related AT ALL, so we've been insurance shopping. I have called so many private insurance companies and I cannot find one that will cover a pregnancy. NOT ONE. I talked to my doc here about it and he says that private insurance is usually like that, that it would be better from the employer. I don't get it. When I go into the doc office I see all these pg women with LOTS of babies and it seems to me that they have insurance that is covering their visits. Where should I be looking? I have heard that you shouldn't mention that you are ttc and that the insurance company would HAVE to cover it. I just don't want to pay through the roof for something and then come to find out it really doesn't cover me. Any suggestions?

So, I had that HSG on Monday morning which was Day 8 of my cycle....I usually O at day 13 or 14. Yesterday, day after HSG and Day 9 of my cycle I got positive on the Digital smiley face OPK???? Do you think the dye could have messed with it or maybe the HSG caused me to ovulate early??? Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Me and hubby tried last night and this morning just in case...:blush: Will keep using the OPK just to be safe in case it was fluke. Any ideas on this?

Hi Livnthedream! I don't know how expensive it was, I just gave them my insurance card and I am sure they will bill me the rest! As far as pain, you lay on a table like you are going to have a pelvic. They put in the speculum and then stick a little tube like a catheter in your cervix, I felt a pinching when this happened, but it was not horrible. During and for about 10-15 minutes after the procedure, I had some cramping comparable to menstrual cramps. I took 2 ibuprofen before the exam. I had light spotting for the rest of the day and that was it! If you go to have one done, let me give you some advice......
I had looked at images of a "GOOD" HSG on the internet before hand. I searched and searched them, so I would know what I was looking for on the x-ray since I went to the hospital and would have to wait a day for my doctor to give me results. When I saw the x-ray I was just sure both tubes were closed! I was devestated. It turns out they are both open and patent! Those images I had seen were probably of people with normal tubes and that's why they seemed so much longer. So, my advice is to not try to interpret the results yourself, as hard as it is to wait, just wait!!!! Good luck and baby dust to you!!!!!!

Tryn, thanks for posting about your hsg experience...I'm not looking forward to having one done:nope: it really seems that the extreme pain happens to the gals with blocked tubes. I'm glad yours wasn't too painful:thumbup:

Wow glad to see all this positiveness on the board Sept sure was a bummer of a month. I wish all you ladies lots of luck!

Faith when does your scan start to see if you are O'ing.

I have to tell you about rhodiola rosea ( golden root) I don't know if anyone hear has heard of it before. It helps relieve stress and fatigue , decrease appetite and boosts fertility. I just started it and although it might not get my :bfp: hopefully it will help with the next cycle.

I love herbs:flower: I will look into golden root:thumbup: as for my scan..it's 11/4:) I hope things are mature enough to be seen:wacko: this will be cd14 for me. My O days have ranged from cd16 up to cd19!! Apparently the scan should be done no more than 2 days before O...so we'll see. Unfortunately cd14 is a Friday so it's either cd14 or cd17 if I wait until Monday, which will likely be too late. Fx'd ;) We're heading out of town right after the scan. We decided to take a 2-day trip to celebrate my sons 18th birthday! :flower:

So, I had that HSG on Monday morning which was Day 8 of my cycle....I usually O at day 13 or 14. Yesterday, day after HSG and Day 9 of my cycle I got positive on the Digital smiley face OPK???? Do you think the dye could have messed with it or maybe the HSG caused me to ovulate early??? Just wondering if anyone has any ideas. Me and hubby tried last night and this morning just in case...:blush: Will keep using the OPK just to be safe in case it was fluke. Any ideas on this?

During your HSG they give you HCG which is going to make you O earlier.

Thank you SweetLisa, I was getting concerned. Let's hope this is my BFP cycle!!!!!!

So i just got back from the doc's and he said everything looks good....he drew a hcg...for everyone new I had a tubal ligation reversal so i am high risk for tubal pregnanices......and with the lovley turky spread legs exam......he said my uterus was quite enlarged....which is a good sign except i hope it s not too big......i do not want twins! Very excited my ultrasound is nov 7th! ill keep updating!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Congrats MammasPath!!!! I am so happy for you! Keep us updated. I am still ttc, happy the HSG showed open tubes, hopeful this month. Reading your story gives me hope. I will keep my fingers crossed that your pregnancy is all you hoped for!!!!

Lissa, do they give you an injection of HCG right when the do the HSG?

So i just got back from the doc's and he said everything looks good....he drew a hcg...for everyone new I had a tubal ligation reversal so i am high risk for tubal pregnanices......and with the lovley turky spread legs exam......he said my uterus was quite enlarged....which is a good sign except i hope it s not too big......i do not want twins! Very excited my ultrasound is nov 7th! ill keep updating!:happydance::happydance::happydance:

Awesome...

Lissa, do they give you an injection of HCG right when the do the HSG?

Yes... I am not sure why but my doc told me that they did that.

So, I had the HSG test on Monday day 8 of cycle. Tuesday positive digital OPK. Tried Tuesday night and Wed Morning. Wednesday-negative OPK, Thursday negative OPK, tried Thursday night. Friday day 12 of cycle Positive digital OPK again???? Maybe the first one is the fluke because I usually O day 13 or 14. So I am happy we tried last night. Will try again tonight, tomorrow, Sunday, and Monday just for insurance!!! Will keep everyone updated. Good luck to all my fellow TR ladies!!! BABY DUST

Sending you baby dust..

AFM Aunt Flow showed today.. I guess that just puts me 1 step closer to my IVF cycle.

Oh Sweetlissa, I am sorry! Don't give up, it is going to happen for you one way or the other. I will be praying for you and sending plenty of baby dust your way! I will keep you updated on my cycle!

Lissa, sorry about another BFN month:nope:..still such exciting news for the IVF though:hugs: I know you will get your little miracle:flower:

How is everyone else doing? Dash...how are things in your neck of the woods..any baby signs???

Are any of you dealing with the east coast storms? Wow! quite the nasty storm has hit there..I hope you all are safe and snuggly:hugs:

So, just quickly reading back through the list...any good news from MommaB or Mzlady or any other of our TR gals just reaching the end of the TWW? :happydance::kiss:

How is everyone else doing? Dash...how are things in your neck of the woods..any baby signs?

Im still here lurking around!

I have a feeling it wont be long. I had false labor last night in the middle of the night and finally fell back asleep around 4. I think it will probably happen soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->