• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying To Conceive After Tubal Reversal

Thank you! Yes I am so blessed to be able to! I am going to Dr. Morice in Morgan city LA I have heard so many good things!

Wow that is so amazing! I have bad anxiety too! Mine is 3 weeks away and I'm already a mess! Congrats to u!

Hi ladies, wow, it's been a long time. Congrats on the new gorgeous babies and Lissa on your twins?? That's amazing! Do you have the U/S picture? I love looking at those.
Just a quick update on me and a recap for all of the newbies. Tubal reversal Feb 2011. BFP April 2011 with a m/c shortly afterwards. No BFP's since. I have had an all clear HSG and my FSH level is now borderline (10.3) I started on Clomid in October and took it for three months. In Nov and Dec we did IUI's with the Clomid. Nada! Finally, after AF in Dec, I decided to go natural with just herbs and acupuncture. That's been going well and I have to say, I feel a million times better. That clomid makes you feel like crap! So here we are.... I have two more cycles and then we are doing IVF in April. We are going on vacation with the kids in March so that's why we're not doing IVF sooner. I start the BCP around March 20th for two weeks and then stimming the ovaries and then the procedure. I'm scared but relieved in a way. I wish I went straight to IVF instead of the reversal. This is only because of my age (39) Younger ladies have all sorts of time but my eggs are not what they used to be, clearly. It's a bit stressful because insurance doesn't cover IVF in Canada (except for Quebec) so it's going to be a big financial hit. However, if I don't do it now, my chance for success just keeps declining. Of course I'm hoping for a miracle before then. I have an SHG (Sonohysterogram) on Weds which apparently can increase your chances of conceiving that cycle because of increased bloodflow and action in the uterus. Who knows?? I have read the Infertility Cure and Making Babies by Sami David and I am really, really convinced that acupuncture will help us. Even if we have to do the IVF, acu can increase your odds of success by 50%. Even if it's all hype, I can't deny how much more relaxed I feel and more balanced. I have stayed off of these sites though as I find it too hard. For so long I gave up my favorite things (high impact exercise, coffee, alchohol etc) and spent soooo miuch time on the computer, trying to find answers that would get me pregnant. I now realize that I can't sit and wait to get pregnant. I have to live my life. I'm back at the gym and enjoying my lovely cup of coffee while I type this. We want a baby so we will try the IVF. If it doesn't work, I know I tried everything I could and I will be at peace. Hugs and baby dust to you all and thanks for reading....

Where abouts are you, cdnmom? I'm also in Canada, haven't had my reversal done yet, but planning it very soon. I hope you get your BFP soon, and it comes before the IVF?

Okay girls I had my reversal 1-6-2012. I had just started my period the day before surgery. after surgery period stopped. So i am on cycle day 24, with no O yet that i know of. So started getting egg white CM two days ago, and today my vagina is aching sooooo bad and my stomach is cramping. how weird is that? i have pressure like I am about to have a period down there, or like I am 9 months pregnant. with my temps so low, could i be starting my period, or are these O signs or what? I am so confused. It hurts bad, my stuff is kind of swollen like pre period too. Any ideas? did you have crazy weird cycles the month after?

Oh let me add that i was NOT having regular periods pre- surgery. (still nursing). AF returned 12-5-11. was not full period- 3-5 days i think but very light flow. :shrug:

Okay girls I had my reversal 1-6-2012. I had just started my period the day before surgery. after surgery period stopped. So i am on cycle day 24, with no O yet that i know of. So started getting egg white CM two days ago, and today my vagina is aching sooooo bad and my stomach is cramping. how weird is that? i have pressure like I am about to have a period down there, or like I am 9 months pregnant. with my temps so low, could i be starting my period, or are these O signs or what? I am so confused. It hurts bad, my stuff is kind of swollen like pre period too. Any ideas? did you have crazy weird cycles the month after?

Oh let me add that i was NOT having regular periods pre- surgery. (still nursing). AF returned 12-5-11. was not full period- 3-5 days i think but very light flow. :shrug:

Rachel, be prepared for several really messed up cycles:nope: I hear that frequently from other tr gals and I experienced the very same. My cycles were really painful for about 3-4 months after:( I know everyone is different, but be prepared...it's likely to be crazy for AT LEAST a cycle or two:hugs:

Where abouts are you, cdnmom? I'm also in Canada, haven't had my reversal done yet, but planning it very soon. I hope you get your BFP soon, and it comes before the IVF?

Thanks Brandi. I am in Victoria BC which is an island very close to Vancouver. Good luck with your reversal!

Hmm, it sounds like you are gearing up to O. I know I O'd late after my reversal on the first cycle. It wasn't fun but each month got better and better. Do you have any test strips to know for sure? I'm sorry you're going through this but it does get better. Take care!

Thanks Brandi. I am in Victoria BC which is an island very close to Vancouver. Good luck with your reversal!

I used to live in Powell River and Maple Ridge. I was curious to see if you were in Ontario and if so, who you used. Hope your BFP comes soon!

Thank you! Yes I am so blessed to be able to! I am going to Dr. Morice in Morgan city LA I have heard so many good things!

Welcome Dr. Morice performed my surgery.

Really? Well spill! How is he? I am so nervous!

Have you had your first appoint? or Will you travel here on a Thursday and have surgery on that Friday? Let me know so I know where to begin. Rest assured you are in good hands his staff is very nice, he pays attention to every detail I wish he was my OB-GYN.

Rachel, be prepared for several really messed up cycles:nope: I hear that frequently from other tr gals and I experienced the very same. My cycles were really painful for about 3-4 months after:( I know everyone is different, but be prepared...it's likely to be crazy for AT LEAST a cycle or two:hugs:

Well I am actually just relieved to hear that it is normal:hugs: I am also still nursing, So i need to keep that in mind- I probably won't O normal anyways. Which is fine:) She will wean soon enough and I will miss it when she does, no need to wean early to try for a baby:winkwink:

cdnmom11- Thanks for the reply!! it really isn't that big of a deal, no major issues- just impatient to know what my body is doing. Guess i need to chill out and let things happen.

I have prayed and Prayed for this to not become an idol for me and I really worry that it is already. So i am praying even more!!!! :comp: maybe i need to spend less time researching on here, huh? LOL!

praying for you all and thanking God for your support!!!

Hi Ladies,

Just stopping by to see how everyone is doing:hugs::hugs:
I see we have some newcomers, welcome :thumbup:

Brandi, I am also from Ontario ( more northern tho)

update i am on cd 41 and 8 days late for af. this is my longest cycle since my tr in may 2011. i just got sore breast 3 days ago so i dunno if i just od super late i am having really bad back aches and my cervix dropped down low for two days like it would for af but then no af and it went back high again. i took a test last night it was a equate blue dye and swore i had two line but the test line was so light and then i read they have bad evaps so now i dunno guess i will do another test in am with pink dye.

update i am on cd 41 and 8 days late for af. this is my longest cycle since my tr in may 2011. i just got sore breast 3 days ago so i dunno if i just od super late i am having really bad back aches and my cervix dropped down low for two days like it would for af but then no af and it went back high again. i took a test last night it was a equate blue dye and swore i had two line but the test line was so light and then i read they have bad evaps so now i dunno guess i will do another test in am with pink dye.

SO EXCITING!!!!!! Take a FRER!!! hope you get that:bfp:

I agree~ :thumbup: take that FRER!

I agree~ :thumbup: take that FRER!

OH ME TOO! I wanna hear some good news!:happydance::happydance:

So i have good news!!! Just not the kind people normally say is good.....I STARTED MY PERIOD!!!! YAHHHHH:happydance: LOL! So that means my cycle was 28 days- seems normal- Only time will tell if this is a full period or what but so far it seems like it. Last month I had my surgery the day AFTER AF showed, so I only had a two day period and it was light. I never O-ed last month, I don't think anyways, but like i said, I am still nursing my 14 month old, so not surprised. Do not plan to wean her until winter is over.

So we can officially stop being careful and stop preventing!:thumbup: So glad to be on to the next stage....

PRAYING EVERYDAY FOR YOU LADIES....glad to have this group:hugs:

Rachel, yeah for AF:haha: not too often we find that to be good news around here:haha: but getting the cycle back normal is a BIG deal:hugs:

Just wanted to give you girls an update on my HSG, which was today..BOTH TUBES ARE OPEN:happydance::happydance: dr. said they looked perfect..never would have guessed they had been sewn back together! I was really nervous about the procedure and pain, but felt almost NOTHING! (Could have been due to the 2 Oxycodone I took 1hr. prior:haha:) so happy:happydance: RE looked over my previous tests and said..."time for hubby to have an SA..is he here? When's the last time you had sex? Alright, get him in here and let's get a sample":wacko::haha: ...ahhhhh, we had NO idea we would accomplish an hsg and SA in the same visit:haha: dh did GREAT! We got a good sample and the clinic will call tomorrow with results:happydance: now it's dh's turn to worry...he's been pacing the floor, wondering if its been HIM, all this time:shrug: anyway, so glad we're moving forward and we'll see what tomorrow brings:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->