• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Trying To Conceive After Tubal Reversal

faith thats wonderful! now u know whts going on and its fixable :) now get to bding :)

So I got af yesterday at full force and woke this morning to gushing blood and severe cramps I got very worried and have been weak all day so I called dr and they want to see me tomorrow morning he said it sounds like miscarriage. He said if it gets heavier to go to er. Im kinda scared.

well i went to dr today and was told i have pcos and that i need to take progestrone pills for 15 days and start metformin 500mg one a day for a week then 2 a day after that dr says it should fix everything and then we r going to try the clomid again. i really feel good about this right now and fingers crossed i finally get some results or some kind of progress,

Good luck Resque, glas you got everything figured out!

Brandi, that is very close :)

im excited for you brandi!

resque - good news.......sort of.......i suppose. glad you got things figured out!

What can I expect at a consultation?

Brandi, I am also from Ontario.
Who are you booking your consultation with ? A fertility clinic ?
Have you talked to your OBGYN ?
It was my OBGYN who did my reversal in May '08.

For me it was like a Q&A session- the doc asked questions, asked if we had questions, then discussed our options with us and made sure we were making the best decision. If you have not arranged for your records to get to the doc its ood to bring them with you- surgical report, pathology report from tubes, any post surgical pap smears or exams, etc.

Brandi, I am also from Ontario.
Who are you booking your consultation with ? A fertility clinic ?
Have you talked to your OBGYN ?
It was my OBGYN who did my reversal in May '08.

I'm going through a fertility clinic, New Life, in Mississauga. I have never had the same OBGYN through my six years here in Brantford. I had a different one for each pregnancy and delivery and tubal ligation. New Life claims a 100% success rate with a 90% pregnancy rate (or something along those lines...I quote earlier in this thread), and I'd much prefer to go through someone who has done this many times before than one who, more often, would perform the ligation than the reversal.

Thanks Dash! I will do that!

I am so new to Charting (again):shrug: LOL so I have a question- FF put me at O on day 9. Doesn't seem possible to be since I had no EWCM or anything. I did have a little cramps that I thought were O pain that day but didn't think much about it since it was cycle day 9. Then low and behold- three days later my chart says three days Post O. What do you think? Last month my cycle was 27 days so I thought it would mean closer to day 13 for O.

How long does it usually take to fully recover and get back to normal activities?

I'm supposed to start college in September, so I want to aim to have my reversal by August at the latest. I don't want to have the reversal in the middle of the school year, but I want to know if a reversal in August is a realistic time frame for recovery?

HOOOOWDY ladies!!! HAPPY VALENTINES DAY!!!! Long time No talk! Wow alot has happened! Faith so happy for open tubes and you finding out whats up with DH swimmers!! Brandi it took me about a week to get to moving back around like normal. Rachel sometimes just by the dips in temps or any small fluctuations FF picks an O date. I used First Response OPK with the smilies also while temping so i knew for sure I was O'ing. Good Luck. HOw is sweets doing with them twins????

Afm, same ol same ol we just got back from a couples weekend for 3 days ALONE!!!! It was so peaceful and relaxing and we had a blast together. Welp I'm gonna go lots of baby dust for everyone!!

Sorry for all the questions...

How long after your consult did you have your surgery? (More for Canadian Moms but anyone can answer)

Depending on where to surgery is to take place, Brandi.
I had mine done in a hospital in Newmarket Ont. and as soon as w had all the logistics done ( blood work, semen test, physical ect)
I had mine booked within 4 weeks.
I was in hospital 2 days and recovery was about three weeks.
I must be a wimp cause I was in alot of pain for the first week and after that it was just letting my stomach muscles heal.
I had a very physical job so I took the full three weeks to recover.
We started TTC one cycle later.
My OBGYN did my reversal but he is also head of our fertility clinic ( Northern Fertility) and had done many secessful reversals.
There are so many elements to fertility ( not just our tubes) that saying they have a % 90 success rate seems unrealistic.
Maybe the % 90 is only the % of fully open tubes.

The website says 100% reversal success with 90% pregnancy rate. It's New Life Fertility in Mississauga.

Microsurgical Tubal Ligation Reversal is the procedure through which previously interrupted fallopian tubes are reconnected using the required magnification and technique to achieve a smooth continuous tubal conduit in order for fertilization and normal pregnancy to occur.

Our results have been consistent over the years with success rate of 100% for tubal patency and 90% for pregnancy rate. The most important factors are the female age, the method of initial sterilization, semen parameters and the presence of other female factors. This stresses the importance of initial evaluation before surgery.
At NewLife Fertility Centre, our physicians are specially trained and have experience in Tubal Reconstructive Surgery to correct tubal abnormalities caused by reasons other than tubal ligation (e.g. endometriosis, infection...). Laparoscopic Surgery is offered to treat endometriosis, hydrosalpinx, and peritubal adhesions.

Hysteroscopic Surgery is very rewarding in fertility treatment when uterine factors are corrected (e.g.. septa, fibroids, adhesions...). Hysteroscopic Tubal Cannulation can also be done to overcome proximal tubal obstruction.

https://newlifefertility.com/surgical-options.htm

It's great that it's micro-surgery... less scaring and recovery is quick.

I read it as they have 100% for open tubes and 90% pregnancy providing there are no unlying fertility issues.
It also doesn't state within what time frame.. so it could take 1 month to 10 years..

Did they say there was a charge for consultation ?

I would write down all the questions you have so you are prepared when you go..

There is. OHIP doesn't cover anything related to the procedure, consultation included. It'll be $200 for the consultation, and $5600 for the surgery, anesthesiologist fees and two night hospital stay (I can get some back if I stay less time)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->