Trying to conceive right after dropping the pill

Emmi just curious did you have obvious signs of ovulation? I had the cramps on one side but no cm like i have had before i was on the pill.

I think the most frustrating thing is not knowing what your cycles are going to be like. Im dreading no AF and bfns and having no idea whats going on!

Hey guys! I'm in the same boat!! so frustrating. I stopped taking it a while ago, when I first quit i got my period straight away, then took a couple pills ( i have endo and was supposed to be on continuous BC pills to a void periods) then I stopped after those few days, and haven't taken it since... On July 27-31 I had my period, and I am 99% sure i ovulated on tuesday the 4th (CD9) it is now 26 DPO and no AF??? It really seemed like my period started right back up and was going to be normal. but I am 6 days late on AF. I took a test at 21 DPO which is when I should have got my period and it was BFN. that was a CB digital. Then last night i used a $1 store one and got bfn again.... Does it seem to late to be pregnant and still getting BFN? Or could I possibly have misused my O date and still be pregnant? I really wish I would get a BFP or AF already!!! :dohh:

When i came off my comb pill, i had my withdrawal bleed & then after that i never re-took my pills, 2wks later i ov'd & the a little under 2 wks i had a 'proper' period. I have messed about with contraception in the past by taking a few pills here & there & then stopping randomly (when i was much younger) and with all the extra hormones put in your body to suddenly drop when you stop taking them just causes bleeding.. Especially if it was aclow hormone dose pill. Try & wait out the bleding & you'll start noticing sugns that your biod is due to ovulate :) good luck

I stopped the pill end of June and started temping and using OPK right away. Had a withdrawal bleed, then O'd on "CD 19" and got my period 2 weeks later. Then this cycle I O'd on CD 19/20 and got my period 13-14 days later. Actually just started it this morning so Im on cd 1 of cycle 3. So, right from the start my cycles are regular! But no sticky egg yet despite BD at good times. Thus month going to try SMEP.

12dpo and bfn this afternoon :( . I know i should have waited until tomorrow morning but its addictive. And now i think im out this month so being a grump!x

I'm in the same boat. Stopped my pill a little over a week ago, just finished my withdrawal bleed yesterday, and am not sure how to know when/if I am ovulating this month. I am trying to take a laid back approach to conceiving by not temping or anything, but I'd still like to know when I can expect my body to be back to normal. I'm thinking it won't be until I get my actual period next month that I will have any chance at getting pregnant. Then I guess I can just assume I will be ovulating around 2 weeks from then if I have regular 28 day cycles?

Hey guys just talked to my OB's nurse this AM and she said they normally go off of what the hpts say, but that I could come in for a blood test if necessary, if that also said negative they could give me meds to induce period (provera?). Has anyone else taken this? How does it affect ovulating?

Jjohns i dont know much about that but hope someone can help you! X

Well im utterly confused now! I have ewcm! I very rarely get this probably because i was on bc but i dont think iv ever had it in this quantity or so obviously ewcm! But im thinking im cd27... only because thats how long since i had my withdrawal bleed from coming off the pill. Could this be ovulation happening? Or just something that happens to me before af??? X

Jjohns i dont know much about that but hope someone can help you! X

Well im utterly confused now! I have ewcm! I very rarely get this probably because i was on bc but i dont think iv ever had it in this quantity or so obviously ewcm! But im thinking im cd27... only because thats how long since i had my withdrawal bleed from coming off the pill. Could this be ovulation happening? Or just something that happens to me before af??? X
I was expecting AF last week and didn't notice that leading up to so it could possibly be a sign of something else!! I did notice A LOT when I was expecting ovulation. Like gushes of it lol sorry, tmi. I ovulated around CD 9

Haha! Well i havent had any my whole cycle since i stopped bc so wasn't even sure if i ovulated at all. Now im wondering if this is it now :/
And i know what u mean about gushes i thought af had arrived but was the ewcm!

Why does everything have to be so complicated and confusing!

It sounds to me like you are probably ovulating, especially since you arent used to having a lot of ewcm. I'm not sure if withdrawal bleeding actually counts as the beginning of a new cycle or not which would make sense since you are (possibly) ovulating so late. It seems like it i a hit or miss when the first time you ovulate is once you get off the pill... It has happened to people when they only miss one or two days they ovulate and get pregnant so I think you will have a much better time deciphering your cycles once you have a legit period to go off of! Does your doc know you have stopped th epill and are TTC?

Jjohns- yeah i mentioned it to my doc when i was at an appt for something else but didnt really go into detail or anything. And the ewcm has died down a bit now so not sure what thats about!

Well no af and bfn this afternoon. The way im thinking is either
1. I didnt ovulate and having a funny first cycle from coming off the pill ( which i think is most likely)
Or
2. I ovulated a few days later than what i presumed i would and there could still be hope for a bfp lol.

Just want something to happen so i can either test or gear myself up for the next cycle!!!

Hows everyone else doing?!

I know how you feel! My period is nine days late, and I don't feel like I'm Starting any time soon! UGH! I wish I could just get on with it... either get a bfp or a period so I can try again. I am going to the doctor for a blood test tomorrow.

I know how you feel! My period is nine days late, and I don't feel like I'm Starting any time soon! UGH! I wish I could just get on with it... either get a bfp or a period so I can try again. I am going to the doctor for a blood test tomorrow.

Have u tested again recently? So frustrating isnt it. Well today i had alot of ewcm...tmi but it was kind of like a large blob iykwim. I could kind of feel i was passing it. So gross. Dont know if this is just from coming off the pill or ovulation or god knows what!!!

GL with ur blood test let us know what doc says!

Hmm I've never had that happen... Not sure what that would mean.. I'll keep you posted! Hopefully I dont chicken out from the needle. ��

2cheekyboys, re the blob of EWCM, I had that 14 days after coming off bc. I read online that it can be like plug of mucus that plugged the cervix when on the pill. Not sure if that is the case but it does make sense. I had thought that perhaps that was me ovulating, but given then I still dont have a period, I assume it wasnt.

2cheekyboys, re the blob of EWCM, I had that 14 days after coming off bc. I read online that it can be like plug of mucus that plugged the cervix when on the pill. Not sure if that is the case but it does make sense. I had thought that perhaps that was me ovulating, but given then I still dont have a period, I assume it wasnt.

Ahh ok that makes sense i suppose. I was hoping it would mean af is imminent or something after coming off the pill but if you havent had one yet I won't get my hopes up!

Hopefully you will be different. I had assumed that it was ovulation, given that it occurred 14 days after stopping the pill, and therefore assumed that about 2 weeks later AF would have arrived, as that is how it was when I came off the combined pill to TTC for my son.

However, I am now off BC seven weeks and there has been nothing!! This time it is the mini pill though so not sure if that makes a difference. I have had an almost positive OPK and lots of EWCM today, so fingers crossed something is happening.

I've been off microgynon since April and TTC straight after my withdrawal bleed. I get positive opks every month but my LP is 9 days on average and I've just got AF again for the fifth cycle.

My son was a happy accident but we were using condoms at the time. Apparently hormonal contraception has screwed me up!

I hope you all have better luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"